Halloween Horror Nights 28 Speculation

Mark M.

5 minutes ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

While it will probably never happen, I would love to see a year where all of the houses are previous "House of the Year" winners. 

are HotY awards like an official thing that UO staff decide? I've always wondered how they are decided (100th post :freddy:)

Edited by fvcking cvnt
100th post!

1 hour ago, Maxmoser said:

Halloween’s house will be awesome to be see! I believe that we would see old Freddy not the remake version since Hollyweed(whoops excuse me Hollywood) only touched remake Freddy once and have done old Freddy more. 

Yes, please just Old Freddy stuff. That is something I would absolutely get on board with. 

1 hour ago, fvcking cvnt said:

oh god I just realized the rumor doesn't make it exactly clear which NoES we might get *shudder* please god let it be classic.

For the love of God please not the remake. Jackie Earl Haley was laughable as Freddy. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fvcking cvnt said:

oh god I just realized the rumor doesn't make it exactly clear which NoES we might get *shudder* please god let it be classic.

Orlando(which I go to) isn’t dumb when it comes to old school horror. Aiello(On what it seems on Twitter) seems to be a huge old school horror fan. 

29 minutes ago, TheShape1031 said:

Yes, please just Old Freddy stuff. That is something I would absolutely get on board with. 

For the love of God please not the remake. Jackie Earl Haley was laughable as Freddy. 

Once again Orlando, has released old school houses  after the remake(Freddy Vs. Jason back in 2015). they brought Michael Myers in his jumpsuit and old shatner mask back after the Rob zombie remake. They brought back classic leather face after the remake, and Texas Chainsaw 3D.

So it’s too early, so it’s nothing to panic about. Im just here for the house announcements, icons, and new shows. And if somehow they move it to IOA or keep it. More than likely they will keep it at Universal.

• Like 1

Hi all!  I'm new to posting here,  but have read the forums for speculation and reviews the last couple of years.  I'm still somewhat fresh to attending HHN, this will be my seventh year in a row,  so I'm pretty pumped for a Thing house if it happens as I missed the other one and love the movie.

Can I please just get a Return of the Living Dead house already?  Or am I dreaming?  I just think it would make an amazing maze.   It's probably number one on my HHN wishlist, but I  guess it may not be popular enough to ever make the cut. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Ifrit is back (not sure how to insert pic of it).

Riddle has been solved as “Will-o’-the-wisp”. Bit of digging has brought up this new film currently being filmed https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/heat-vision/is-us-star-chrissy-metz-joins-horror-movie-will-o-wisp-1053916

its describes as an alien torture film, or signs meets misery. Bit of a curveball I think as I’ve never heard of this before. Sounds interesting but HHN interesting? Not so sure....

33 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

Riddle has been solved as “Will-o’-the-wisp”. Bit of digging has brought up this new film currently being filmed https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/heat-vision/is-us-star-chrissy-metz-joins-horror-movie-will-o-wisp-1053916

its describes as an alien torture film, or signs meets misery. Bit of a curveball I think as I’ve never heard of this before. Sounds interesting but HHN interesting? Not so sure....

Uhhhhh.....Not to be a naysayer or anything, but ....I'm saying "nay" on this one.

Edit: I'm hearing this might actually be our first "original" hint.

Edited by StupidStupidDan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, StupidStupidDan said:

Uhhhhh.....Not to be a naysayer or anything, but ....I'm saying "nay" on this one.

Yeah I agree. It’s just too weird and from nowhere to be the final answer. 

Any other IPs with will-o’-the-wisps in?  There’s the deadlights in IT, but other than that struggling to think of anything. 

33 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

I hope not, it would draw less crowds than pretty much any of the rumored properties, and doesn't really sound interesting. Also, I doubt it'll even be out by the event and we all know how preview houses go :D

1 minute ago, TheRobcat said:

The idea of the will-o'-the-wisp is to draw people into danger, so I thought maybe The Thing. Ifrit often goes abstract. 

I just watched The Thing last night. It wasn't really about that. It was more sneak assimilating them. Fucking amazing movie btw, the effects actually left me speechless.

Anyways, It'll more likely be an original, sounds like a pretty cool idea.

though a problem with there being a wicker man house is that there is a wicker man roller coaster opening  at Alton Towers in England though it isn't affiliated with their movie during their halloween event they promoted the ride with a cult village. That is definitely not in common with the film. (Sarcasm)

• Confused 1

On 2/28/2018 at 9:15 AM, fvcking cvnt said:

are HotY awards like an official thing that UO staff decide? I've always wondered how they are decided (100th post :freddy:)

Yes, they are the official result of popularity contest, decided by the UO that creates and develops the event.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Drummanmatt said:

If they do a "Will-o-Wisp" it would be cool if they were humanoid versions of anglerfish (pictured below)thomas-veyrat-anglerfish-view01-3-4.jpg?

Monsters that use the light to lure people to their doom. It could be neat original, especially if it was really dark except for the lure lights

Is there a chance the Will-o-Wisp hint is a lead about Winters Night? Wasn't the story something about following blue lights? (Not sure on the lore, never got to do it. I just recall blue lights playing a role)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Maxmoser said:

Anybody see the thing about the HHN 5K rumor?

6 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

*sigh* It's not a rumor. 

It was on a survey of potential HHN add-ons. I didn't take it, so no confidentiality agreement. That said, it shouldn't really be discussed as anything more than an idea.

The "kid-friendly sister event" that was on the survey though...

The Ifrit's tweet of, "A gourd is used to light our way But only since the modern day What was used to light the bogs? What was seen in marshy fogs?" brings to mind the scene in Trick-R-Treat when the kids go down to the lake where the bus with all of the mentally challenged kids crashed down, and all of the dead kids from the crash return and kill most of them. 

Also, he posted a picture of a tweet that says "Stingy Jack?", and it is thought that jack-o-lanterns are based of him, and Sam has a pumpkin like head so maybe Trick-R-Treat house?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Legacy said:

It was on a survey of potential HHN add-ons. I didn't take it, so no confidentiality agreement. That said, it shouldn't really be discussed as anything more than an idea.

The "kid-friendly sister event" that was on the survey though...

so like a running event? um, okay... 

Also the "kid friendly sister event" just makes sense, throw it in IOA and let the cash flowwwww, just it'll take some effort to shed the image of HHN that's so heavily connected to Universal.

6 minutes ago, fvcking cvnt said:

Also the "kid friendly sister event" just makes sense, throw it in IOA and let the cash flowwwww, just it'll take some effort to shed the image of HHN that's so heavily connected to Universal.

I'm kind of against this, but if it ends up being a more Potter-centric event at Islands...well...I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested then.

• Like 1