HHN 2017 Speculation

HHN 2017 (4/14) Q&A Info:

- The First Maze Announcement may be made in May

- Maze titled with the Codename "The Big Chill" will be shared (Aka JP Queue Maze, aka "Insidous")

- No returning Scare Zones this year, all Original.

- "Its a reference to Beyonce but more in how the album dropped" (Lemonade)

- Details for AHS will be released later

- There is a ending Scene of a film that is in the lineup that gives Murdy the chills. (*Cough "The Shining" *Cough)

- Lemonade is AHS 

-  "Shhh..." (Charles, *Cough "The Shining")

- Murdy has considered doing a "It" Maze

- "It doesn't specifically have to do with writer's block...more the keyboard in the pic" (Writer's Block)

- "I can't say cause I might have it" as for a dream property Murdy is chasing.

- "The last season was "dropped like Beyonce's Lemonade" without any advance PR on what it was going to be." (Lemonade - AHS, *Cough *Cough Roanoke *Cough)

- Maze 5 and 6 will not have codenames. 

-  "Can I say it? Sure" (Someone about about if Shining isn't coming or not, Obviously a Troll)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Henry14 said:

Well if The Big Chill is more than likely not The Conjuring, then how does Insidious connect to the code name?

There is a song called "A Whiter shade of Pale" with the lyrics "That her face, at first just ghostly, Turned a whiter shade of pale." In the films the ghosts are white to difference the living and the dead like painted white. Plus Big Chill will be in JP Queue which Insidous has been in Previous years. Conjuring could be Writer's Block as AHS is confirmed to be Lemonade.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HHNManics said:

- Maze titled with the Codename "The Big Chill" will be shared (Aka JP Queue Maze, aka "Insidous")

- There is a ending Scene of a film that is in the lineup that gives Murdy the chills. (*Cough "The Shining" *Cough)

- Lemonade is AHS 

- "It doesn't specifically have to do with writer's block...more the keyboard in the pic" (Writer's Block)

- "The last season was "dropped like Beyonce's Lemonade" without any advance PR on what it was going to be." (Lemonade - AHS, *Cough *Cough Roanoke *Cough)

-  "Can I say it? Sure" (Someone about about if Shining isn't coming or not, Obviously a Troll)

It sucks that you guys will not get a trilogy house like last year, I mean its a shared property, I wonder why Murdy took out Asylum and Coven, Could he be saving them for next year? Who knows what he could be plotting, I bet he's probably just separating them, for probably next year's event featuring Asylum, Coven and potentially the new season. Just gotta wait and see if that's true, anyways The Shining would be fantastic and looks to definitely be shared ip, Mike Aiello has been running back and forth from here to Hollywood and I'm betting they might be doing what we all want happening and that's Shining finally making its presence known to the event, fingers crossed that were not being trolled. Also IT, since the trailer has revealed not too much but a lot of great details and some in depth with the characters as well as little bits of Pennywise, I would love to see it happen, two King properties would be awesome :D 

6 hours ago, HHNManics said:

There is a song called "A Whiter shade of Pale" with the lyrics "That her face, at first just ghostly, Turned a whiter shade of pale." In the films the ghosts are white to difference the living and the dead like painted white. Plus Big Chill will be in JP Queue which Insidous has been in Previous years. Conjuring could be Writer's Block as AHS is confirmed to be Lemonade.

Well think about it, the film Conjuring takes place in 1971 I believe and that song is from 1967, hm?? I could just be throwing something out there but, its about the details and big picture with Murdy, I think you're onto something, whose to say that Conjuring might not come this year? I mean remember Universal in both coasts are friends of Blumhouse, so of course after receiving Purge & Insidious more than once over there, I would not doubt we would see Conjuring, but I feel like it would be a mixture of both films instead of just the first one, which is good :) and I feel Writer's Block might not fit as a codename for it, I think they would probably keep Conjuring anonymous, I would to keep people guessing, eventually he'll probably throw some hints but potential codenames for it. 

3 hours ago, JZOMBIE said:

Do you think they're altering the walking dead attraction?

Yeah, I don't think there is any more they would add to the year round, now maybe Orlando's because Orlando will be brand new, so we would probably get something from you guys, but not too different that we aren't kind of similar you know, but yeah, I don't think they'll add anything, I mean the year round attraction is already good enough with the stuff it has, I'm jealous you guys have it and we haven't got it yet. :) hopefully when I come to Cali in a few months that I will see it when I first experience Orlando's HHN and then go out there to see you guys' houses. \m/ 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JZOMBIE said:

Maybe a Alice In Wonderland scarezone, since they already have design from the maze in Orlando and the Tick Tock clue thing.

Well Hollywood takes some ideas from Orlando, like Ghost Town and made it a scarezone for one of their years and then was Cirque Du Clowns which  was like their version of Midway of the Bizarre except no parade. I honestly wouldn't doubt them doing something Orlando has done and on a whole new level, if they brought Asylum In Wonderland, I think it would be getting cool recognition out there as it did out here.

On 4/14/2017 at 8:48 PM, HHNManics said:

- Lemonade is AHS 

You forgot the biggest news at all, which is that they did not deny the possibility of a maze based on forgotten classic "THE STUFF." :D

Thoughts on the Blumhouse maze.  Kind of think it's strange that they're doing two Blum house movies as individual mazes, and they're still doing this Blum house of horrors idea.  Also, do you think the titans of terror terror Tram will be the Titans from last year or do you think that he's going to add any of them, for example Hellraiser.

41 minutes ago, JZOMBIE said:

Thoughts on the Blumhouse maze.  Kind of think it's strange that they're doing two Blum house movies as individual mazes, and they're still doing this Blum house of horrors idea.  Also, do you think the titans of terror terror Tram will be the Titans from last year or do you think that he's going to add any of them, for example Hellraiser.

Well Clive Barker would be the first one to know about it, I mean many people thought there was going to be a Hellraiser maze this year and it doesn't look like its going to happen, even a new movie is actually due soon I believe, Titans of Terror probably just gonna be Freddy, Jason, Leatherface and Michael Myers in certain parts, Freddy, Jason and Leatherface are obvious what areas they are going to be on the account of where their areas were in 2007 but Michael's idk where his would be. He couldn't be put in the hotel, oh god not the hotel lol, Blumhouse is doing really well for themselves, if Conjuring comes it would be cool to see happen, both films happening and some memorable scenes, I mean it seems that Purge will not be apart of this year because Hollywood has overused last year, so that's probably it for Purge, so Conjuring and Insidious are the other properties I could see them bringing to the event so far. 

Edited by HorrorUnearthed
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

so that's probably it for Purge, so Conjuring and Insidious are the other properties I could see them bringing to the event so far. 

Two Things:

1. Conjuring is not a Blumhouse Film it is a Warner Bros Film. 

and...

2. "Purge' will be used in the Blumhouse Mashup along with other Blumhouse films.

3 hours ago, HHNManics said:

Two Things:

1. Conjuring is not a Blumhouse Film it is a Warner Bros Film. 

and...

2. "Purge' will be used in the Blumhouse Mashup along with other Blumhouse films.

My apologies its hard to keep up with many movies from different companies but it seems that this will be a scarezone for you guys' event more than house, if it is a house then it would be like the leak said, it would be your "All Night Die In" & "Silver Screams", two originals that we've had over a few times where horror characters take over the streets and in the houses, but with the choices I mean obviously Purge then would be overused again. Regardless since it has rumored properties Ouija and Sinister involved, it seems like it might a good choice that it is an exclusive for you guys. And if the list also for sure, we might in fact be then sharing The Conjuring saga and Insidious along with The Shining, but as far SAW Legacy, even though its said to come out October 27th, it looks like you guys might have it as a backlot scarezone and we over here might have it as a house due to whatever zones they'll have here would probably be original.

45 minutes ago, JZOMBIE said:

Anyone know any information about The Evil Dead maze. I heard it's like a "best of", but that may be hard to do seeing that they don't have the rights to Army Of Darkness.

Well if they do any Evil Dead house, I don't think they would do Army of Darkness, maybe the first and second film or they'll just forget it and go right to Ash vs. Evil Dead because so far that has been a choice for both parks, back at HHN 19 over here, we had a best of horror movie house called Silver Screams about our icon at the time Julian Browning the Usher and they had a scene involving the pit I believe from Army of Darkness but they called the scene something different but that's as close as we got over here for an original take on Army of Darkness after that 2013 came and we got the remake. So I'm hoping fingers crossed in the new future that we get the original forms of Evil Dead, 2 & Army of Darkness 

The release date for Insidious: Chapter 4 has been pushed back from October 20th, 2017 to January 5th, 2018. 

I think we can cross Insidous off the list for this year's HHN , OR if murdy changes a "last minute maze" that means insidious was going to come. 

Edited by aam1995

I'm scared of this as well. The JP Queue has had a nice streak of housing the best mazes of recent years(AWIL, Return to the Further, Hell Comes to Haddonfield) and I don't want it to be possibly ruined by a last minute replacement. So hopefully Murdy will find a good property to replace Insidious(if the rumored lineup is true). Another thing that concerns me is Chapter 4 is going to be released in the first weekend of January, where shitty horror movies are spawned. So if the film bombs in the box office then it could also ruin the chances of it being a maze in 2018. I know we've had it twice already but it would have been nice to see what else we could experience in the Insidious franchise.

• Like 1

So I'm still hung up on a maze. #5 actually.

"Maze #5

Codename: "1984" (Unofficial)

- Murdy called this Maze a "Dark Horse" Maze (A Maze that is not all that well known but ultimately is a favorite which was "Krampus" last year)

- Has a Scene that has the scent of dirty socks

- Will (Was suppose to) have a David Bowie Inspired Codename 

- Treatment is 103 Pages Long"

Where does Bowie tie in to any of the leaked list? If I had to guess I would have pegged it as a Labrynth maze. All hail the Goblin King.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Magnus said:

So I'm still hung up on a maze. #5 actually.

"Maze #5

Codename: "1984" (Unofficial)

- Murdy called this Maze a "Dark Horse" Maze (A Maze that is not all that well known but ultimately is a favorite which was "Krampus" last year)

- Has a Scene that has the scent of dirty socks

- Will (Was suppose to) have a David Bowie Inspired Codename 

- Treatment is 103 Pages Long"

Where does Bowie tie in to any of the leaked list? If I had to guess I would have pegged it as a Labrynth maze. All hail the Goblin King.

Easiest way to think about this would be to think of it as life on Mars which is the song that Elsa Mars sings in season four of American horror story, but they are not doing season four this year,  so that might not be it.

2 hours ago, JZOMBIE said:

Easiest way to think about this would be to think of it as life on Mars which is the song that Elsa Mars sings in season four of American horror story, but they are not doing season four this year,  so that might not be it.

And American horror story was already confirmed to be Lemonade