HHN 2017 Speculation

On 4/21/2017 at 9:53 AM, Magnus said:

So I'm still hung up on a maze. #5 actually.

"Maze #5

Codename: "1984" (Unofficial)

- Murdy called this Maze a "Dark Horse" Maze (A Maze that is not all that well known but ultimately is a favorite which was "Krampus" last year)

- Has a Scene that has the scent of dirty socks

- Will (Was suppose to) have a David Bowie Inspired Codename 

- Treatment is 103 Pages Long"

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say Jeepers Creepers. There's dirty laundry in the car and not many people know about these movies. Now I know about the whole scandal with the movie's director and the child molestation charges but this would make a really great maze imo. Plus, with a new movie coming out, why not? 

• Like 1

On Friday, April 21, 2017 at 9:53 AM, Magnus said:

Maze #5

Codename: "1984" (Unofficial)

- Murdy called this Maze a "Dark Horse" Maze (A Maze that is not all that well known but ultimately is a favorite which was "Krampus" last year)

- Has a Scene that has the scent of dirty socks

- Will (Was suppose to) have a David Bowie Inspired Codename 

- Treatment is 103 Pages Long"

Where does Bowie tie in to any of the leaked list? 

Could be "Evil Dead" because "A Nightmare on Elm Street" came out in 1984. And if you watch the film there is a Scene where Nancy is watching the original "Evil Dead".

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HHNManics said:

Could be "Evil Dead" because "A Nightmare on Elm Street" came out in 1984. And if you watch the film there is a Scene where Nancy is watching the original "Evil Dead".

the only problem about that is Evil Dead is extremely known

Ok so after a long amount of time I finally got a bit more info from my Source. I have two bits of news

1) Insidous will be a Hollywood Exclusive  from what I have heard. Meaning that Writer's Block is Insidous because of JP Queue. Our two Exclusive Mazes will be Blumhouse Mashup and Insidious. So for those wondering because of the Issue with the Conjuring Franchise being Sued and Insidous being pushed back they are both still happening.

2) There will be 3 or (Possibly) 4 Scare Zones this year. No returning (As stated by Murdy). All Original. Heard there would finally be a Scare Zone on the Lower Lot and it will have Chainsaws. So if 3 it could be Opening Scaremony, French Street, and Lower Lot/Backlot (Shared Scare Zone). 

It is gonna be interesting how these next Couple of Weeks play out.

Edited by HHNManics
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, HHNManics said:

Ok so after a long amount of time I finally got a bit more info from my Source. I have two bits of news

1) Insidous will be a Hollywood Exclusive  from what I have heard. Meaning that Writer's Block is Insidous because of JP Queue. Our two Exclusive Mazes will be Blumhouse Mashup and Insidious. So for those wondering because of the Issue with the Conjuring Franchise being Sued and Insidous being pushed back they are both still happening.

2) There will be 3 or (Possibly) 4 Scare Zones this year. No returning (As stated by Murdy). All Original. Heard there would finally be a Scare Zone on the Lower Lot and it will have Chainsaws. So if 3 it could be Opening Scaremony, French Street, and Lower Lot/Backlot (Shared Scare Zone). 

It is gonna be interesting how these next Couple of Weeks play out.

I really think that they will be doing Asylum in Wonderland this year as a scarezone since:

1: They already have molds and costumes since they've done it as a maze in Orlando

2: His "Tick tock" clue could relate to how the white rabbit is always looking at his pocket watch 

3: The chainsaws could be for red guards

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JZOMBIE said:

I really think that they will be doing Asylum in Wonderland this year as a scarezone since:

1: They already have molds and costumes since they've done it as a maze in Orlando

2: His "Tick tock" clue could relate to how the white rabbit is always looking at his pocket watch 

3: The chainsaws could be for red guards

That would be an interesting concept to have in Hollywood, over Asylum was a great 3D house, I mean people have their own opinions but it really stood out for the 3D atmosphere, it worked for it, as a scarezone back at 18, it was fantastic too, so seeing it have a new home in Hollywood as a scarezone out there, I would love to see it if they pull it off, it would be fantastic also Mike has been out there a few times with Murdy, so who knows, they might have gone through a few things you never know with those two what could be coming for Hollywood and same for us in Orlando 

On 4/22/2017 at 2:23 PM, plaguexdoctor said:

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say Jeepers Creepers. There's dirty laundry in the car and not many people know about these movies. Now I know about the whole scandal with the movie's director and the child molestation charges but this would make a really great maze imo. Plus, with a new movie coming out, why not? 

Jeepers Creepers even though it seems like something that would meant for the event, it would have been at the event back then but now idk, Universal yes loves many modern horror films but it feels like its long overdue which I'll be honest a lot, I don't think they will do Jeepers Creepers now but its not doubt that it could be coming to the event many later on the line. 

On April 22, 2017 at 11:23 AM, plaguexdoctor said:

Murdy has already stated a few years back that he won't do Jeepers Creepers because of the director being charged with child molestation. Which is a major bummer, because it would make an incredible maze or even TT

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bggrenville813 said:

Murdy has already stated a few years back that he won't do Jeepers Creepers because of the director being charged with child molestation. Which is a major bummer, because it would make an incredible maze or even TT

Yeah, its a shame, it would have been a good thing for both Hollywood and Orlando as a joint ip, Orlando made their own version of Jeeper's Creepers back in 2004 with a scarezone called Field of Screams, it was identical to the story somewhat but as its own thing, I do wish for the future to see both us and you guys get it.  

• Like 1

I agree, it would definitely be a good change up from recent years. I just have this awesome vision of a Scarecrow(z) TT and one of the roads being lined on either side with scarecrows and you don't know which ones are real (like the "Boogieman Never Dies" scene from the Halloween maze 2 years ago). Although I'm also loving the idea of a Titans of Terror TT, which could also make for a fun entrance scare zone

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bggrenville813 said:

I agree, it would definitely be a good change up from recent years. I just have this awesome vision of a Scarecrow(z) TT and one of the roads being lined on either side with scarecrows and you don't know which ones are real (like the "Boogieman Never Dies" scene from the Halloween maze 2 years ago). Although I'm also loving the idea of a Titans of Terror TT, which could also make for a fun entrance scare zone

Yes, a Scarecrowz Terror Tram would be awesome.. and yes, Titans of Terror TT would be pretty rad! :D

Edited by horror lover
  • Like 2

Back on the AHS topic, as annoyed as I am that Asylum won't get to be in the lineup this year, I think a Roanoke house will be SO COOL. There's so much material in that season they can use. I just really hope they do good casting on the characters because so much of that season is about the actors in the show. Like... can they pull this off without a Lee Harris?

AHS Asylum deserves its own house.. I think that was one of the best seasons so I'll keep my fingers crossed for it to be its own maze in the future.

Not sure how I feel about the Blumhouse mashup.... Get Out was AMAZING but I don't know how it'll work as a maze... unless we're just going into the sunken place and will just have a bunch of old white people popping out at us?? Idk it didn't seem all that scary in the traditional sense to me.

Edited by ldh5086
  • Like 1

On 5/2/2017 at 5:40 PM, ldh5086 said:

Back on the AHS topic, as annoyed as I am that Asylum won't get to be in the lineup this year, I think a Roanoke house will be SO COOL. There's so much material in that season they can use. I just really hope they do good casting on the characters because so much of that season is about the actors in the show. Like... can they pull this off without a Lee Harris?

AHS Asylum deserves its own house.. I think that was one of the best seasons so I'll keep my fingers crossed for it to be its own maze in the future.

Not sure how I feel about the Blumhouse mashup.... Get Out was AMAZING but I don't know how it'll work as a maze... unless we're just going into the sunken place and will just have a bunch of old white people popping out at us?? Idk it didn't seem all that scary in the traditional sense to me.

I mean Murdy has really said much about it, the announcement  just kinda was thrown out there and it wasn't even an announcement, rumors can be rumors and he's even said that he doesn't even look at the lists of rumors that go out, he's too busy working on the event itself, so I mean Asylum and Coven might be mixed into Roanoke if not all three, then again, it might just be Roanoke but I hear what you mean, Roanoke had its moments, so we just gotta wait and see in June possibly which is not far. Again with the Blumhouse thing, I mean I love the Purge but its too much, I mean over here we got it twice once in 2014 as a zone and 2015 as a house but Hollywood gets every year in a way and its crazy, I feel like the "Blumhouse" idea might just be Purge but in its own haunted house somewhere imo. This year all we can say is that its about topping what last year had to offer, whatever it is, I mean obviously Shining will be coming to the event after the leakage but I mean they have to wait, they have to wait till the right time comes, so that's where June comes in because over here in Orlando we got our first announcement with all three AHS seasons, in Hollywood, they haven't done a full announcement yet which means, AHS might be released last because AHS is the Walking Dead of these coming years which is not bad, if Murdy is keeping different seasons for each year that would work as well if that's what he's doing because if he is doing Roanoke this year, then next year he might pull off the three houses with the third being based off the current season of AHS going on this year, so we gotta watch out for that, Murdy is very sneaky, I mean "The Big Chill", "Charles", etc. you can tell Shining is coming and after the leak, he kind of stayed quiet about it, I would too if that happened, so both coasts are working together and separate this year, we just gotta keep our fingers crossed that we get an announcement sometime the beginning of june or middle of it, regardless its gonna be quite a ride this year :D 

On 5/2/2017 at 3:41 PM, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

It's gonna happen, we might just have to wait till June for something to be concrete but after the leak, it reminded me of how the Halloween fan website leaked the house for the fans out here in Orlando and it was just crazy lol, so I feel like The Shining is going to be the first big announcement for Hollywood and the second big announcement for us out here.

On 4/25/2017 at 2:24 PM, themazethinker said:

i was wondering is the thing maze still a possibility because if so this will be my most anticipated event ever

The Thing has already been at the event twice I believe, I don't think it'll come back for quite sometime, although, it did look sick and Murdy did have a lot of fun during the behind the screams creating it, so if there's a possibility in the future, they might do it but based off the original film. 

4 hours ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

I mean Murdy has really said much about it, the announcement  just kinda was thrown out there and it wasn't even an announcement, rumors can be rumors and he's even said that he doesn't even look at the lists of rumors that go out, he's too busy working on the event itself, so I mean Asylum and Coven might be mixed into Roanoke if not all three, then again, it might just be Roanoke but I hear what you mean, Roanoke had its moments, so we just gotta wait and see in June possibly which is not far. Again with the Blumhouse thing, I mean I love the Purge but its too much, I mean over here we got it twice once in 2014 as a zone and 2015 as a house but Hollywood gets every year in a way and its crazy, I feel like the "Blumhouse" idea might just be Purge but in its own haunted house somewhere imo. This year all we can say is that its about topping what last year had to offer, whatever it is, I mean obviously Shining will be coming to the event after the leakage but I mean they have to wait, they have to wait till the right time comes, so that's where June comes in because over here in Orlando we got our first announcement with all three AHS seasons, in Hollywood, they haven't done a full announcement yet which means, AHS might be released last because AHS is the Walking Dead of these coming years which is not bad, if Murdy is keeping different seasons for each year that would work as well if that's what he's doing because if he is doing Roanoke this year, then next year he might pull off the three houses with the third being based off the current season of AHS going on this year, so we gotta watch out for that, Murdy is very sneaky, I mean "The Big Chill", "Charles", etc. you can tell Shining is coming and after the leak, he kind of stayed quiet about it, I would too if that happened, so both coasts are working together and separate this year, we just gotta keep our fingers crossed that we get an announcement sometime the beginning of june or middle of it, regardless its gonna be quite a ride this year :D 

It's gonna happen, we might just have to wait till June for something to be concrete but after the leak, it reminded me of how the Halloween fan website leaked the house for the fans out here in Orlando and it was just crazy lol, so I feel like The Shining is going to be the first big announcement for Hollywood and the second big announcement for us out here.

The Thing has already been at the event twice I believe, I don't think it'll come back for quite sometime, although, it did look sick and Murdy did have a lot of fun during the behind the screams creating it, so if there's a possibility in the future, they might do it but based off the original film. 

Your thinking of the prequel. The Thing that had Kurt Russell never came to HHN Hollywood.

7 hours ago, Psycho_Bates said:

Your thinking of the prequel. The Thing that had Kurt Russell never came to HHN Hollywood.

Ours we had Kurt Russell's character in an container of some sort, ours was The Thing Assimilation back in 2007, my apologies, I mistaken your version with that one, ours was somewhat like a sequel in a way where the Thing has come to Florida and taking over a facility and stuff. When you guys got it I believe which is 2011, you guys you had your based off the remake right? 

2 hours ago, themazethinker said:

had a weird dream last night. the dream was that outlast was announced as a maze for both orlando and hollywood. the announcement was that it would be outlast 1 and 2. oh if only murdy didn't discontinued the video game haunted houses

We would have both Outlast and Resident Evil 7 at the events in both coasts, honestly whatever doesn't work in Orlando goes to Hollywood, whatever doesn't work in Hollywood comes to us and whatever is good for both coasts go to both coasts. I legit thought in 2013 that you guys would get an Resident Evil maze like we did. 

2 minutes ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Ours we had Kurt Russell's character in an container of some sort, ours was The Thing Assimilation back in 2007, my apologies, I mistaken your version with that one, ours was somewhat like a sequel in a way where the Thing has come to Florida and taking over a facility and stuff. When you guys got it I believe which is 2011, you guys you had your based off the remake right? 

prequel actually. the maze was better then the movie in my opinion

5 minutes ago, themazethinker said:

prequel actually. the maze was better then the movie in my opinion

Yes, I forgot about that end because of the ending of the film with the guy trying to shoot the thing in a form of a dog which I thought was a cool ending for the film, and of course, both mazes on both coasts were epic, when I saw the movie again after experiencing the house in 2011, I was shocked, the house had stayed more in my mind than the film did, not that its bad but you know since it was brought to my attention first, but I think in the near future if Carpenter, Murdy and Mike all come together, I think we would get the original Carpenter house on it truly was, the same way I'm hoping for Evil Dead, it may not come this year but there's a fighting in the future that could potentially come to the event. 

Did you all see the Twitter activity a few minutes ago supposedly between Universal Orlando and HHN Orlando?  I was trying to think if these comedic exchanges are soon followed by information?  Anybody know?  Otherwise, why even do it?  Also, I commented on the exchange  - essentially saying we are tired of waiting - and got a reply "the ultimate torture".  Yeah, no shit.

3 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

Did you all see the Twitter activity a few minutes ago supposedly between Universal Orlando and HHN Orlando?  I was trying to think if these comedic exchanges are soon followed by information?  Anybody know?  Otherwise, why even do it?  Also, I commented on the exchange  - essentially saying we are tired of waiting - and got a reply "the ultimate torture".  Yeah, no shit.

it was followed by some information soon. Hold onto your butts, I'm thinking by the end of this week The Shining will be the second official maze for Orlando and the first one (AHS doesn't really count since we have no information on the maze) for Hollywood

Also, POST 666!!!!! 

Edited by HorrorNightsFan13
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, zombieman said:

Anyone know the location of the tent?  I saw the JP queue was cleared out last weekend, but so was the backlot area.

I may be there this weekend and will check

It's the Revenge of the Mummy extended queue.

Edited by horror lover