HHN 2017 Speculation

3 minutes ago, HHNManics said:

07 and Yes. It will be based on the Prequel titled Leatherface that's coming out in October.

Oh; well that's not TOO bad of a replacement. I was thinking he would get something like "This is the End" if it weren't The thing. Also, after reading the plot for it who exactly is gonna be scaring people in that house? Leather face is gonna be a teenager and idk how they're gonna make him scary

Edited by wow

Not to double post but wasn't Conjuring supposed to happen last year but then got replaced by TCM? If that's true then would this be the first time to have a house replaced by the same house 2 years in a row?(Conjuring to TCM) Also, I noticed that this year has 3 houses for movies that won't even be out yet(Saw Legacy, Leatherface, and Insidious Chp 4). Side note, but technically wouldn't Leatherface be a semi-icon this year if he's on the Terror Tram AND has a house

56 minutes ago, wow said:

Not to double post but wasn't Conjuring supposed to happen last year but then got replaced by TCM? If that's true then would this be the first time to have a house replaced by the same house 2 years in a row?(Conjuring to TCM) Also, I noticed that this year has 3 houses for movies that won't even be out yet(Saw Legacy, Leatherface, and Insidious Chp 4). Side note, but technically wouldn't Leatherface be a semi-icon this year if he's on the Terror Tram AND has a house

i thought the same thing, but walking dead was a terror tram and house back in 2014 so its not the first time thats happened. Im really iffy on this maze, as much as i liked tcm last year i dont know if im excited to see it 2 years in a row. Especially since its a prequel that has no trailers out or any sort of buzz around it at all, but i guess we'll have to see.

1 minute ago, Jcs1707 said:

i thought the same thing, but walking dead was a terror tram and house back in 2014 so its not the first time thats happened. Im really iffy on this maze, as much as i liked tcm last year i dont know if im excited to see it 2 years in a row. Especially since its a prequel that has no trailers out or any sort of buzz around it at all, but i guess we'll have to see.

Yeah I agree with you. It'd make more sense to have The Thing since it's celebrating its anniversary, is a cult classic, and has some buzz at the moment. I love TCM but the leather face prequel has had 0 buzz and has been pushed back numerous times, so who knows if it will even come out this year? 

3 minutes ago, wow said:

Yeah I agree with you. It'd make more sense to have The Thing since it's celebrating its anniversary, is a cult classic, and has some buzz at the moment. I love TCM but the leather face prequel has had 0 buzz and has been pushed back numerous times, so who knows if it will even come out this year? 

I'd actually be surprised if it came out in October, there's not one trailer out, and honestly when i saw the poster for the first time i thought it was fake, which isn't a good sign. If anything i feel like it'd get pushed back to January of next year, that is unless they drop some sort of teaser within the next 2 months.

1 hour ago, wow said:

No, Conjuring wasn't supposed to happen last year. Blood Brothers was planned from the beginning. John is usually very good at letting people know when a property has been scrapped and he told us last year that Blood Brothers was planned from the beginning

7 minutes ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

No, Conjuring wasn't supposed to happen last year. Blood Brothers was planned from the beginning. John is usually very good at letting people know when a property has been scrapped and he told us last year that Blood Brothers was planned from the beginning

My bad; I just remember hearing that rumor and I didn't know if it was true or not

9 minutes ago, Jcs1707 said:

I'd actually be surprised if it came out in October, there's not one trailer out, and honestly when i saw the poster for the first time i thought it was fake, which isn't a good sign. If anything i feel like it'd get pushed back to January of next year, that is unless they drop some sort of teaser within the next 2 months.

If that happens then we'll have two Wolfman houses *a house for a movie coming out the next year*. I don't get why John would do Leatherface after (1) he already faced the backlash for AHS: Roanoke, so now he has to deal with backlash for the same house 2 years in a row, and (2) TCM and Saw in the same year doesn't make much sense since they're both gorefests. However, this house does give everyone the Asylum setting people have been wanting. I like the lineup a lot but I feel some of the properties are too risky for what they could've been

Edited by wow

23 minutes ago, wow said:

My bad; I just remember hearing that rumor and I didn't know if it was true or not

If that happens then we'll have two Wolfman houses *a house for a movie coming out the next year*. I don't get why John would do Leatherface after (1) he already faced the backlash for AHS: Roanoke, so now he has to deal with backlash for the same house 2 years in a row, and (2) TCM and Saw in the same year doesn't make much sense since they're both gorefests. However, this house does give everyone the Asylum setting people have been wanting. I like the lineup a lot but I feel some of the properties are too risky for what they could've been

when the original lineup was leaked i was really excited because it looked like it had the potential to top last years, especially since the conjuring was coming, but since this whole conjuring getting scrapped thing its kind of gone down hill for me, i was ok with it at first because it was getting replaced by the thing, and that was a pretty good replacement, and we were getting an insidious maze, which for me kind of fills the void for the conjuring since last year was my first year and i had never been able to go through the previous 2 insidious mazes. But now that the conjuring will potentially be replaced by leatherface, i dont know if i am as excited as i was. Don't get me wrong, it's still a really good lineup and i'm sure it'll blow us away, but i dont think it had the potential that it did a couple months ago. Then again, they're just leaks and not official announcements, so who knows if this is even happening or not.

15 minutes ago, Jcs1707 said:

when the original lineup was leaked i was really excited because it looked like it had the potential to top last years, especially since the conjuring was coming, but since this whole conjuring getting scrapped thing its kind of gone down hill for me, i was ok with it at first because it was getting replaced by the thing, and that was a pretty good replacement, and we were getting an insidious maze, which for me kind of fills the void for the conjuring since last year was my first year and i had never been able to go through the previous 2 insidious mazes. But now that the conjuring will potentially be replaced by leatherface, i dont know if i am as excited as i was. Don't get me wrong, it's still a really good lineup and i'm sure it'll blow us away, but i dont think it had the potential that it did a couple months ago. Then again, they're just leaks and not official announcements, so who knows if this is even happening or not.

I agree with every word you just said; also just for comparison purposes here's the original 2017 lineup compared to the new 2017 lineup compared to the 2016 lineup:

Original:

The Walking Dead - TWD Attraction

Blumhouse Mashup-Parisian Courtyard

The Conjuring - Waterworld Queue

The Shining - Mummy Queue

Insidious - JP Queue

AHS Roanoke - FDTD Area

Saw - Metro Sets

Ash vs Evil Dead - 747 Queue

Present Lineup:

Leatherface - Waterworld Queue

Insidious - JP Queue

AHS Roanoke - FDTD Area

Saw - Metro Sets

2016 Lineup:

TCM: Blood Brothers - Waterworld Queue

The Exorcist - Mummy Queue

Halloween 2 - JP Queue

AHS Freak Show, Hotel, Murder House - FDTD Area

Krampus - Metro Sets

Freddy vs Jason - 747 Queue

I still think this lineup has potential, and if the Conjuring were to come I'd argue it could possibly be a better lineup than 2016's. Also, I saw it on the forums but ush.hacker said that TCM has been the backup for basically everything that's been scrapped(AWIL & Conjuring); they should've given another property a chance. Hell they could've done F13 to coincide with the game or maybe even Resident Evil since Biohazard was a success

Edited by wow

4 minutes ago, wow said:

I agree with every word you just said; also just for comparison purposes here's the original 2017 lineup compared to the new 2017 lineup compared to the 2016 lineup:

Original:

The Conjuring - Waterworld Queue

Insidious - JP Queue

AHS Roanoke - FDTD Area

Saw - Metro Sets

Present Lineup:

Leatherface - Waterworld Queue

Insidious - JP Queue

AHS Roanoke - FDTD Area

Saw - Metro Sets

2016 Lineup:

TCM: Blood Brothers - Waterworld Queue

The Exorcist - Mummy Queue

Halloween 2 - JP Queue

AHS Freak Show, Hotel, Murder House - FDTD Area

Krampus - Metro Sets

Freddy vs Jason - 747 Queue

I still think this lineup has potential, and if the Conjuring were to come I'd argue it could possibly be a better lineup than 2016's.

lmao its really crazy to think that changing 1 maze could make me view the lineup so differently, actually looking at the comparison its still a really good lineup, guess im just biased to the conjuring. 

Just now, Jcs1707 said:

lmao its really crazy to think that changing 1 maze could make me view the lineup so differently, actually looking at the comparison its still a really good lineup, guess im just biased to the conjuring. 

Yeah me too; idk I was just really excited for The Thing, I guess it just goes to show to never get too excited about leaked properties because anything can happen

Before I start, I'm super new here. I basically created an account just to ask a quick question. I've been reading this thread religiously for the past few months. I was beyond excited for The Conjuring and I'm legitimately heartbroken if it's really gone for this years line up.

My question is, how do you guys see it as "The Big Chill" when it comes to the codenames? What was the connection? Is there a possibility we were wrong and it wasn't Conjuring and it could possibly still be coming? I've attended the event two years in a row now (I've wanted to for many years but was finally able to beginning in 2015) so I'm not overly familiar with the codenames like you all obviously are. Just wanting to understand it more. I appreciate any response!

Edited by ZJxLP
  • Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 8:37 AM, HHNManics said:

I just found out that The Thing isn't replacing The Conjuring. Something else is. Kinda shocked Murdy would choose this as this is WAY too soon but it's fine. There is a Codename and it's called "Uber Fan". However kinda surprised and not surprised.

There goes any hopes I had of this year's lineup topping last year's. Don't get me wrong, I'm still gonna make the most of it and have a blast, but I just REALLY wanted The Conjuring and/ or The Thing. I'm completely over Leatherface, and thought Blood Brothers was the weakest maze last year. I'm just not that scared of Leatherface and chainsaws anymore. There are so many IPs that would have felt so fresh and scary as replacements.

6 hours ago, ZJxLP said:

Before I start, I'm super new here. I basically created an account just to ask a quick question. I've been reading this thread religiously for the past few months. I was beyond excited for The Conjuring and I'm legitimately heartbroken if it's really gone for this years line up.

My question is, how do you guys see it as "The Big Chill" when it comes to the codenames? What was the connection? Is there a possibility we were wrong and it wasn't Conjuring and it could possibly still be coming? I've attended the event two years in a row now (I've wanted to for many years but was finally able to beginning in 2015) so I'm not overly familiar with the codenames like you all obviously are. Just wanting to understand it more. I appreciate any response!

The song from the soundtrack "The Big Chill" titled "Time of the Season" was featured in the "The Conjuring".

The thing i'm wondering is, why wouldn't john just replace the conjuring with an Annabelle maze? I know its part of the conjuring universe, but technically it doesn't have anything to do with Ed or Lorraine Warren, at least not in the spin offs. Honestly i wasn't a fan of the first movie, and i know the whole possessed doll thing is kind of overplayed, but the second one looks like it has the potential to be good, and there are some things in it that could translate well to a maze, like the demon from the first one, and it makes sense promotion wise. 

2 minutes ago, wow said:

Has anyone else noticed that people have been more mad that Leatherface will be in the same location as TCM in a two year span, yet Insidious has been in the same location each time it's been at the event(3 times). Anyone know why; to me it just seems a little biased

im guessing it's because insidious didnt have 2 houses back to back, they were spread out over the years.

4 minutes ago, Jcs1707 said:

The thing i'm wondering is, why wouldn't john just replace the conjuring with an Annabelle maze? I know its part of the conjuring universe, but technically it doesn't have anything to do with Ed or Lorraine Warren, at least not in the spin offs. Honestly i wasn't a fan of the first movie, and i know the whole possessed doll thing is kind of overplayed, but the second one looks like it has the potential to be good, and there are some things in it that could translate well to a maze, like the demon from the first one, and it makes sense promotion wise. 

Annabelle seems like a REALLY hard property to translate into a maze; but hey if he's willing to make a Leatherface prequel that apparently barely features the titular character than I'll take Annabelle anyday

Side note but does anyone else think that The Evil Within or Resident Evil Biohazard would be a good maze(s)?

Edited by wow

With the Jigsaw poster already out and trailer most likely on the way, do you guys think we'll get a Saw or Insidious announcement next? Also did anyone else notice that Leatherface and Jigsaw are due for a similar realease date yet Leatherface's promo still hasn't began yet? 

Edited by wow

1 minute ago, sammers8888 said:

Daydreamer Insidious Chapter 4 got held back to 2018 so I think an Insidious maze will probably not happen but it could happen in HHN 28.

This is Hollywood, HHN 28 is Orlando. It has been previously discussed that while the date for Insidious ch. 4 has been pushed back John and Chris have decided to proceed with it anyways. The proof coming from John saying that only one maze, The Big Chill, has been scrapped. The leaked lineup had Insidious ch. 4 in it, the only thing that's changed is The Conjuring. So Insidious is still happening. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, themazethinker said:

is anyone not freaking out this year. we have freddy, jason,micheal,leatherface,jack,ash,the thing,all the blumhouse characters,jigsaw,and the lipstick face demon in one event. i think this year may be my favorite

^agreed; but the Thing may or may not come, hopefully John will realize how stupid of an idea it is to do a TCM prequel for a maze and do a movie that's actually scary

21 minutes ago, themazethinker said:

i actually meant leatherface in the terror tram but now i just realized they were gonna do a house about it.

Leatherface is going on the terror tram, but he doesn't have as big of a role