HHN 2017 Speculation

1 hour ago, plaguexdoctor said:

UPDATE

747 area tent is up as well. Missed it when I was in awe of AHS's tent size.

How large is the 747 Tent? Also is the AHS tent large Length Wise or height wise?

Edited by HHNManics

5 hours ago, wow said:

How're they gonna fit the Roanoke house in that?

They're not gonna make it fullscale, it will obviously be a scaled down version of the house, but I don't expect it to be small in any manor. It'll probably be a massive facade within the maze, but there's no way they could ever make it full scale inside of the tent

1 minute ago, plaguexdoctor said:

747 is the usual tent size

So far is the AHS tent the largest? If I remember right I think Freddy vs Jason was longer maze wise but was in 747 last year

3 minutes ago, wow said:

Ok so I'm not sure if this has been posted or not but here are the updates from the Inside Unversal forums, credit to HHNManics and Chris Galindo:

- Leatherface was a red herring and will not be coming

- 4 properties John considered for this year that MIGHT be the replacement are: Alien Covenant, It, Hellraiser, and The Thing

- Hellraiser is owned by Dimension Films(Scream fiasco) so it probably won't come

- It is still a King property, so the chances are slim

- The most likely condenders for our replacement are Alien or The Thing

- Here's a quote by Chris Galindo explaining why he thinks Alien will be one of our exclusives:

" So @HHNManics and I were discussing The Conjuring's replacement and we came to an agreement out of the blue 

Alien 

The unofficial code word for this maze was "Uber Fan", which David in Covenant is of the other guy who keeps having music in the film. 

Aside from that, I'm sure Murdy could recycle old Alien costumes/ props and have unused props in the maze without the use of the Queen which he destroyed. 

Waterworld queue is also large enough to host it. The rumor I heard was that the maze would be one that was "out of the blue" and "pleasantly surprise" both the general public and fans alike... 

Again, just speculation, but thoughts?"

So yeah, that's been the developments for today; excited that Leatherface won't be coming after all!

irony is both aliens and the thing both feature extraterrestrials 

Just now, themazethinker said:

irony is both aliens and the thing both feature extraterrestrials 

Even if the replacement isn't Alien or The Thing all 4 properties would make great mazes; I think this event could top last year's if they do it right

Poor John they've had so many leaks this year lol

3 minutes ago, wow said:

Even if the replacement isn't Alien or The Thing all 4 properties would make great mazes; I think this event could top last year's if they do it right

Poor John they've had so many leaks this year lol

best part is each house features good makeup effects

the thing - do i have to explain

alien - need to explain that too

it - multiple forms pennywise can take

hellraiser - cenobites

Just now, themazethinker said:

hellraiser - cenobites

Whichever one we do end up getting I hope the other 3 can come next year

47 minutes ago, themazethinker said:

hellraiser - cenobites

They were not considered for the Replacement but considered just for this year. However my bets are going for Alien.

Edited by HHNManics

So if Alien is the replacement then this is definitely the second best, if not the best lineup because right now we're looking at

AHS: Roanoke; FDTD Area

Alien; Waterworld Queue

Jigsaw; Metro Sets

Evil Dead; 747 Area

Blumhouse Mashup; Parisian Courtyard

The Walking Dead; TWD Attraction

Insidious Chp 4; JP Queue

The Shining; Mummy Queue

If Alien does come then we might finally have something for Orlando to be jealous of us with

2 hours ago, wow said:

So if Alien is the replacement then this is definitely the second best, if not the best lineup because right now we're looking at

AHS: Roanoke; FDTD Area

Alien; Waterworld Queue

Jigsaw; Metro Sets

Evil Dead; 747 Area

Blumhouse Mashup; Parisian Courtyard

The Walking Dead; TWD Attraction

Insidious Chp 4; JP Queue

The Shining; Mummy Queue

If Alien does come then we might finally have something for Orlando to be jealous of us with

I can actually think of three things Orlando might be jealous of Hollywood for. One is our AVP maze, more specifically how we had The Queen at the end. Two is our Freddy Vs. Jason, from people who have done that maze at both coasts I've heard them say that Hollywood's was marginally better. And three being our Krampus maze, I've heard that our Krampus maze blew theirs out of the water and in the videos I've seen of Orlando's Krampus, I would have to agree

• Like 1

I found this....it says “uber fan”, but that may just be me looking in too much. 

Ridley Scott’s hotly anticipated Alien-prequel/Prometheus-sequel is mere days away; but even though US residents can’t see Alien: Covenant until Friday, Alien uber-fan and filmmaker Zev Deans has already produced a short based on the film: Alien Covenant: Biotic.

5 hours ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

I can actually think of three things Orlando might be jealous of Hollywood for. One is our AVP maze, more specifically how we had The Queen at the end. Two is our Freddy Vs. Jason, from people who have done that maze at both coasts I've heard them say that Hollywood's was marginally better. And three being our Krampus maze, I've heard that our Krampus maze blew theirs out of the water and in the videos I've seen of Orlando's Krampus, I would have to agree

Our Freddy vs Jason maze was scarier, their sets were better though. Krampus definitely was better! Their AVP maze was also much scarier, the only part that was better was the queen here at Hollywood. 

Also, our Halloween maze and AWIL (to me) was way scarier, even though their maze had better transitions. 

1 minute ago, Arsik_22 said:

Our Freddy vs Jason maze was scarier, their sets were better though. Krampus definitely was better! Their AVP maze was also much scarier, the only part that was better was the queen here at Hollywood. 

Also, our Halloween maze and AWIL (to me) was way scarier, even though their maze had better transitions. 

Our mazes are usually scarier, but they have sound stages available to them so they get the advantage for sets. Both of our Halloween mazes, our Krampus maze, and soon our Alien maze will be better than theirs

51 minutes ago, wow said:

Our mazes are usually scarier, but they have sound stages available to them so they get the advantage for sets. Both of our Halloween mazes, our Krampus maze, and soon our Alien maze will be better than theirs

One, IF we were to get Alien, it's a Hollywood exclusive. And two, I wouldn't count on Alien. Right now, nothing is known about Uber Fan and a connection to someone being an Uber fan of something isn't valid anymore since John said the connection is to the facade concept. So it could be Alien, but I just don't think it's likely for this year

I'm counting on Uber Fan to either be Alien or The Thing mostly because they were on the short list before the lineup was finalized. + if it wasn't those 2 what would it be? Maybe Alice Cooper since John is an "Uber fan"? Going back to the other two cut from the lineup, I don't think the replacement is gonna be It or Hellraiser for different reasons. For It, it's a King property and after he got pissed that The Shining was coming I doubt he'd sign off on It. For Hellraiser, it's owned by Dimension Films(hello Scream). So yeah, if it isn't Alien or The Thing I don't know what it could be

Edit: My only doubt that the replacement is Alien is because John said they destroyed most of the props, which would make it a more actor oriented maze than AVP maze(rather than the animatronics used for the Xenomorphs in AVP). And plus it would be very expensive to design the parts that take place in the ship and I don't know if it's in the budget. To me the easy way out for John is to do The Thing since it's a universal IP. 

Edited by wow

11 minutes ago, wow said:

I'm counting on Uber Fan to either be Alien or The Thing mostly because they were on the short list before the lineup was finalized. + if it wasn't those 2 what would it be? Maybe Alice Cooper since John is an "Uber fan"? Going back to the other two cut from the lineup, I don't think the replacement is gonna be It or Hellraiser for different reasons. For It, it's a King property and after he got pissed that The Shining was coming I doubt he'd sign off on It. For Hellraiser, it's owned by Dimension Films(hello Scream). So yeah, if it isn't Alien or The Thing I don't know what it could be

Edit: My only doubt that the replacement is Alien is because John said they destroyed most of the props, which would make it a more actor oriented maze than AVP maze(rather than the animatronics used for the Xenomorphs in AVP). And plus it would be very expensive to design the parts that take place in the ship and I don't know if it's in the budget. To me the easy way out for John is to do The Thing since it's a universal IP. 

yeah the thing is more easier. and here are some other reasons

1. john always wanted to do this property he said in a scarela panel

2 most of the work can translate into a house

3 movie is insanely well known

26 minutes ago, wow said:

The Uber Fan connection isn't about anyone being an Uber fan about anything. John told Manics on twitter that the codename relates to the concept for the facade

the budget was probably partitioned for The Conjuring to be included, and The Thing and Alien would both be much more expensive choices so the budget probably wouldn't allow for it. Don't count on Alien, don't count on The Thing