HHN 2017 Speculation

8 minutes ago, aam1995 said:

But weren't you the one claiming The Thing was happening and calling out people who said that wasn't coming? 

I've never said anything to claim that the thing is coming. I've never even thought that the thing was coming this year. I'm pretty sure I did call people out who said it was coming though

32 minutes ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

Double post but

this can't be a coincidence

I told you all JP wasn't Insidious. So now our eyes turn to Parisian courtyard where the leaked lineup said blumhouse was going to be housed in. My guess would be that Insidious got scrapped and Blumhouse got moved to JP. 

3 minutes ago, aam1995 said:

I told you all JP wasn't Insidious. So now our eyes turn to Parisian courtyard where the leaked lineup said blumhouse was going to be housed in. My guess would be that Insidious got scrapped and Blumhouse got moved to JP. 

For another time there were two extra maze treatments Murdy wrote. One of them was for AHS and the other was for the Conjuring Replacement. So that means...

A. Insidious was never to be in JP and was actually to be in Parisian Courtyard.

B. Insidious is actually in JP and that house was not only used in Face Off but also Insidious Chapter 4

or

C. Insidious was just never happening this year.

1 hour ago, HHNManics said:

For another time there were two extra maze treatments Murdy wrote. One of them was for AHS and the other was for the Conjuring Replacement. So that means...

A. Insidious was never to be in JP and was actually to be in Parisian Courtyard.

B. Insidious is actually in JP and that house was not only used in Face Off but also Insidious Chapter 4

or

C. Insidious was just never happening this year.

I want to lean with A. But knowing Murdy if Insidious was coming he'd keep it in JP. So now we technically have a mystery maze in Parisian courtyard? That house in JP is not used in Insidious chapter 4. Hopefully Insidious IS in PC , I've liked all the mazes there. I think it'd be a ill venue for Insidious. 

3 minutes ago, aam1995 said:

I want to lean with A. But knowing Murdy if Insidious was coming he'd keep it in JP. So now we technically have a mystery maze in Parisian courtyard? That house in JP is not used in Insidious chapter 4. Hopefully Insidious IS in PC , I've liked all the mazes there. I think it'd be a ill venue for Insidious. 

So assuming JP is Blumhouse/Writer's Block, why would he choose a random house from Face Off as the facade?

Can we get some context for the house's appearance in the episode though? How long was it on screen, did they mention anything specific about it?

Also, keep in mind that we've already seen props from Insidious sitting outside the maze. If this is Blumhouse, that likely means Insidious isn't coming as its own maze.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, deliciousoatmeal said:

Can we get some context for the house's appearance in the episode though? How long was it on screen, did they mention anything specific about it?

Also, keep in mind that we've already seen props from Insidious sitting outside the maze. If this is Blumhouse, that likely means Insidious isn't coming as its own maze.

^^ this

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wow said:

So assuming JP is Blumhouse/Writer's Block, why would he choose a random house from Face Off as the facade?

Maybe the house from face off is Jason Blums house? Lol OR what if we're getting an ALL face off original maze? That's a stretch but just throwing it out there. 

Here's what I think everything means...

So that episode of Face Off was the season 10 finale and Jason Blum was brought on as a guest judge. That house has no current significance. My guess though, is that while shooting that episode, maybe Jason liked the look of the house and thought "hey maybe we could use this house in another film" and what if it was used in an upcoming film, that being Insidious ch. 4

Assuming that just because Jason Blum was on the episode of face off that that maze is automatically the Blumhouse mashup is stupid. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

Here's what I think everything means...

So that episode of Face Off was the season 10 finale and Jason Blum was brought on as a guest judge. That house has no current significance. My guess though, is that while shooting that episode, maybe Jason liked the look of the house and thought "hey maybe we could use this house in another film" and what if it was used in an upcoming film, that being Insidious ch. 4

Assuming that just because Jason Blum was on the episode of face off that that maze is automatically the Blumhouse mashup is stupid. 

How is it stupid? You're very rude when it comes to people putting in their opinions and it not lining up with the "leaked" lineup.

Anyways, it cannot be Chapter 4 as that's not how the house looks. There has to be significance to WHY they coincidentally chose that house. Maybe Jason lives there or maybe he owns it? His name is Jason BLUM. Or maybe he lived there for a period of time in the past? I haven't seen the episode, but did they show the house when they introduced him? As in they had his introduction as the house is shown on the screen? There has got to be something more reasonable as to why THAT house in particular. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aam1995 said:

How is it stupid? You're very rude when it comes to people putting in their opinions and it not lining up with the "leaked" lineup.

Anyways, it cannot be Chapter 4 as that's not how the house looks. There has to be significance to WHY they coincidentally chose that house. Maybe Jason lives there or maybe he owns it? His name is Jason BLUM. Or maybe he lived there for a period of time in the past? I haven't seen the episode, but did they show the house when they introduced him? As in they had his introduction as the house is shown on the screen? There has got to be something more reasonable as to why THAT house in particular. 

It's stupid because people are assuming something is automatically one thing when there is no evidence behind it. 

How would you know what the ch. 4 house looks like? And even if you knew I don't think you're supposed to talk about it... 

Just because Jason Blum was guest starring on the episode and that house was in the background doesn't automatically make it Blumhouse. That episode was from 2016, so it is VERY reasonable that Jason saw the house and liked the look of it for Insidious ch. 4. 

The house was in the background of long shots when they were introducing Jason and when Mackenzie Westmore was introducing the challenge. I couldn't see any more than that as I had to leave for work. But they didn't show Jason walking out of the house like "hey I live here!" And would they really do that? Because then that would show any fans of his where his house is. 

If you have significant evidence that the Blumhouse maze is actually in JP then I would understand where you're coming from. But you don't. There is significant evidence saying that Insidious is in JP. The leaked lineup IS significant evidence. But if you want to assume it's Blumhouse... then come back with a connection to Writer's Block. Oh and also explain what else could be John's 'mad science project'. Give more reasoning to why the Blumhouse mashup is in JP because "Jason Blum was on the episode of face off and they showed the house so that automatically means it's Blumhouse I told you so!" Is terrible evidence. 

I just got this tweet text: @HorrorNights: I cursed myself by quoting from "The Scottish Play" (theatre people will get the reference). Waiting for info. Hang in there Boils & Ghoul...

Now I'm a Shakespeare fan so I knew the "Scottish play" was a famous reference to Macbeth's performance curse. And as the rumor goes, one of many, there's a 3 witches curse that plagues the production. 

Any ideas on what he means? I'm new here but have been lurking for a few months. Last year was my 1st HHN and we'll be going again this year.

Edited by dykealiscious

Just now, dykealiscious said:

I just got this tweet text: @HorrorNights: I cursed myself by quoting from "The Scottish Play" (theatre people will get the reference). Waiting for info. Hang in there Boils & Ghoul...

Now I'm a Shakespeare fan so I knew the "Scottish play" was a famous reference to Macbethvs performance curse. And as the rumor goes, one of many, there's a 3 witches curse that plagues the production. 

Any ideas on what he means? I'm new here but have been lurking for a few months. Last year was my 1st HHN and we'll be going again this year.

Ash Vs Evil Dead is my guess.

• Like 1

Well Murdy basically confirmed Ash vs Evil Dead is the next announcement, he said that the hint for the announcement is a 1980's David Bowie album. And if we remember what the hints for maze #5 were...

- Was supposed to have a David Bowie inspired codename

- 103 pages long

- Has a smell of stinky socks(will probably be in the basement)

The connection is in the 1980 David Bowie album Scary Monsters there is a song called "Ashes to Ashes". 

But anyways credit for the connection comes from HorrorNightsFan13 on the forums

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, wow said:

Well Murdy basically confirmed Ash vs Evil Dead is the next announcement, he said that the hint for the announcement is a 1980's David Bowie album. And if we remember what the hints for maze #5 were...

- Was supposed to have a David Bowie inspired codename

- 103 pages long

- Has a smell of stinky socks(will probably be in the basement)

The connection is in the 1980 David Bowie album Scary Monsters there is a song called "Ashes to Ashes". 

But anyways credit for the connection comes from HorrorNightsFan13 on the forums

The announcement was supposed to be today, but the people who edit the videos weren't able to pull off the video for the time they were given. 

Just now, aam1995 said:

The announcement was supposed to be today, but the people who edit the videos weren't able to pull off the video for the time they were given. 

Oh; when do you think we'll get it?

1 hour ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

Any proof to that? John never said why it was delayed 

Someone asked him "later today or tomorrow?" And he said "I have no idea right now, just waiting to hear so I can tell you guys when". 

Do do you really think he'd flat out say why it was delayed? It was supposed to be at 7AM. 

6 minutes ago, aam1995 said:

Someone asked him "later today or tomorrow?" And he said "I have no idea right now, just waiting to hear so I can tell you guys when". 

Do do you really think he'd flat out say why it was delayed? It was supposed to be at 7AM. 

No. I didn't think he wouldnflsy out say why it was delayed. But I don't understand how you can jump to the conclusion that the video wasn't done on time so they delayed it from him saying "I have no idea right now, just waiting to hear so I can tell you guys when" 

5 minutes ago, MomoChinchi said:

Hey guys! Haven't been here in forever unfortunately. Can y'all update me on confirmed mazes and progress on the speculated? 

How true is the leaked line up from earlier his year looking? Thanks!

Confirmed:

8 Mazes this year (including TWD Attraction)

The Shining

American Horror Story: Roanoke

Speculation:

Blumhouse Mashup (containing Blumhouse movies such as Get Out, Sinister, The Purge, that have enough content for a short maze segment but not a whole maze)

Insidious ch. 4

Jigsaw

Ash Vs. Evil Dead (Rumored to be based on the original 2 evil dead films but titled as the show for promotion) 

The last maze is a mystery to everybody. Originally The Conjuring was in the lineup however it has been scrapped due to a lawsuit and the replacement has not been leaked nor figured out

Terror Tram is rumored to be Titans of Terror, meaning Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, and Michael are all together on the tram 

The leaked lineup definitely seems true. With only two mazes announced it's hard to say for sure but a lot of evidence points towards it being true. It listed 7 mazes and we have 7 mazes that are exclusive to HHN. It said that AHS would only be based on Roanoke, and that's true. It said The Shining was coming and when everybody doubted it, it came to the event. And it had The Conjuring on there, then information was let out that The Conjuring was scrapped and this was confirmed by John saying that the codename The Big Chill no longer applied for this year. That codename connected to The Conjuring

• Like 2