HHN 2017 Speculation

5 hours ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

That's it guys! Speculation season is over! Everything is revealed! 2017 seems like a solid year for the most part. What's everyone's anticipation list? 

The Shining

Ash vs. Evil Dead

Titans of Terror 

American Horror Story: Roanoke

Insidious: Beyond the Further

Saw: The Games of Jigsaw

The Horrors of Blumhouse

Shining blumhouse and titans.

6 hours ago, StraightEdge said:

I'm also looking forward to see The Purge get a maze treatment.

Maybe besides another scare zone announcement.

Despite what the event map says, The Purge got a maze treatment last year with the "Guantlet of Fear". It had an entrance & an exit. All it needed was a queue.

There are only 3 scarezones- Hell-o-Ween, Toxic Tunnel, & Urban Inferno. There won't be another announced.

5 hours ago, StraightEdge said:

8 MAZES

8 MAZES

We had 8 mazes last year when you include TWD attraction & "The Purge: Gauntlet of Fear".

12 minutes ago, WESKER69 said:

Despite what the event map says, The Purge got a maze treatment last year with the "Guantlet of Fear". It had an entrance & an exit. All it needed was a queue.

There are only 3 scarezones- Hell-o-Ween, Toxic Tunnel, & Urban Inferno. There won't be another announced.

We had 8 mazes last year when you include TWD attraction & "The Purge: Gauntlet of Fear".

hey wesker, weird question but what scenes do you want to see in the mazes this year

1 hour ago, WESKER69 said:

I would count TWD Attraction since it was new, but I wouldn't count the Purge gauntlet as a maze. It just seemed like a half-a**ed outdoor wannabe maze

2 hours ago, bggrenville813 said:

I wouldn't count the Purge gauntlet as a maze. It just seemed like a half-a**ed outdoor wannabe maze

Outdoor maze, yes. half-assed, no. It actually had very good execution & an extremely great cast. The only thing that would've improved it would have been to add a few more scareactors. They could've had 3 differently themed scarezones & then "Gauntlet of Fear" be the ONLY Purge themed thing last year. It would've been the smarter & less obvious budget-cutting move.

3 hours ago, themazethinker said:

hey wesker, weird question but what scenes do you want to see in the mazes this year

weird answer... but for which mazes? lol

21 hours ago, StraightEdge said:

I was really hoping for one or a few more properties in the Blumhouse of Horrors. But I'm looking forward to Sinister. I really liked the first film, haven't seen the second... YET. I'll make sure to do that now.

Being one who also really enjoyed the first Sinister, only watch the second one if you wanna' laugh. Since it's nothing but hot garbage that falls into every sequel trap.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WESKER69 said:

Outdoor maze, yes. half-assed, no. It actually had very good execution & an extremely great cast. The only thing that would've improved it would have been to add a few more scareactors. They could've had 3 differently themed scarezones & then "Gauntlet of Fear" be the ONLY Purge themed thing last year. It would've been the smarter & less obvious budget-cutting move.

weird answer... but for which mazes? lol

i more meant any maze you want to see, lol

Shouldn't the Event Discussion be up my now since speculation is over and this one closed?

But Murdy's been tweeting how the scare zone props and stuff are brought in right before the event starts instead of leaving it up to be seen during the day time. That's why nobody's been capturing anything on construction updates.

• Angry 1

39 minutes ago, StraightEdge said:

Shouldn't the Event Discussion be up my now since speculation is over and this one closed?

But Murdy's been tweeting how the scare zone props and stuff are brought in right before the event starts instead of leaving it up to be seen during the day time. That's why nobody's been capturing anything on construction updates.

That's stupid 

2 minutes ago, StraightEdge said:

What is? 

2 minutes ago, StraightEdge said:

What is? 

What John said about the scare zone props for hellthat they can putting out before the eventoween scarezone that they can putting out before and

• Love 1

3 hours ago, StraightEdge said:

Well no... thats not true at all. The reason nothing is being "captured" is because they wait until the last minute to do street construction, like literally... right up until opening night. And also, we only have ONE scarezone on the Upper Lot... therefore, not exactly a huge undertaking. They'll start working on "Hell-O-Ween" sometime next week.

Toxic Tunnel will most likely NOT have any scenic other than a banner over the tunnel entrance. "IF" they do have any props, it won't matter... we won't see it until we actually attend the event.

They're currently working on the Urban Inferno scarezone right now (which I DID get pics of).

Also, they still have to clear out the Universal Plaza of the Dreamworks photo-ops so they can erect the "secret Purge compound" for "The Horrors of Blumhouse", as well as finish the movie theatre facade. So again, street construction for the Upper Lot is not exactly their top priority. And they're not going to rely on props/sets that need to be brought out every single night of the event. That'd be moronic, a huge waste of time & a complete pain in the ass due to having to clear the park of daytime guests. For one... they can't exactly bring out the go-go dancer platforms & erect the flame bar every night. Just sayin.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, WESKER69 said:

Sooooooooo the HHN merch has arrived at USH....

It SHOULD become available to purchase in the giftshops in roughly 12 days... or possibly sooner.

sorry that im reposting but since you didn't reply, what scenes would you like to see in the mazes this year, im asking because i saw your ideas in creative and there were pretty damn good and i would like to hear your ideas for this years mazes

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic