HHN 2017 Speculation

A little early in the game Murdy but fair enough. Lemonade oh lemonade the all American summer drink...or should I say Shikanji the original name of the beverage that became lemonade that comes from no other than good ol' ancient Egypt home of you guessed it Mummies. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Timberfellingrobot said:

Hmmmm...interesting choice. What makes them think it's Hellraiser? Has Murdy been trying to get the rights for it?

When John asked what we would like to see in 2017 I believe someone replied telling John that a person who works in Clive Barker's office wanted him to message them. Or something like that. And hell raiser would be a challenging maze 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

When John asked what we would like to see in 2017 I believe someone replied telling John that a person who works in Clive Barker's office wanted him to message them. Or something like that. And hell raiser would be a challenging maze 

Oh man, it seems very likely next to Cabin Fever.

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Ozian16 said:

Second code name: Charles. Only other things we know about the maze is that; it's a very tricky property to adapt into a maze and it has an equally tricky iconic scene in it. Speculate away!

Two I've heard is the obvious Chucky to Charles Lee Ray connection. 

And Hellraiser's first showing was in the Prince Charles Theater.

I'm saying Hellraiser for now. Though Murdy's doing a QandA apparently.

i'm not convinced on the Child's Play theory. It's too easy. Plus, he said during today's Twitter Q&A that he's "particularly excited about maze #2" and that he never thought they'd do it.

He also said the first codename (Lemonade) has to do with something a filmmaker said to Murdy about his property. Codename "Charles" also relates to the property but is personal to him too.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, bggrenville813 said:

i'm not convinced on the Child's Play theory. It's too easy. Plus, he said during today's Twitter Q&A that he's "particularly excited about maze #2" and that he never thought they'd do it.

He also said the first codename (Lemonade) has to do with something a filmmaker said to Murdy about his property. Codename "Charles" also relates to the property but is personal to him too.

Any idea what the house is?

3 hours ago, Timberfellingrobot said:

Any idea what the house is?

I'm not sure. A lot of people are saying Hellraiser, which is possible of course. And the "Charles" connection does make sense, but that still seems too easy when you think of how complex Murdy's codenames and clues have always been. I'm kind of thinking The Thing because he said he never thought he'd do it and the complicated scene could be one of the transformation scenes or the defibrillator chest mouth scene. I'm just not sure how "Charles" relates (besides one of the actors' names being Charles).

23 minutes ago, bggrenville813 said:

I'm not sure. A lot of people are saying Hellraiser, which is possible of course. And the "Charles" connection does make sense, but that still seems too easy when you think of how complex Murdy's codenames and clues have always been. I'm kind of thinking The Thing because he said he never thought he'd do it and the complicated scene could be one of the transformation scenes or the defibrillator chest mouth scene. I'm just not sure how "Charles" relates (besides one of the actors' names being Charles).

Unfortunately Murdy confirmed that the "Charles" code name is not from a location, so that kills the Hellraiser tie. 

Some people on USHForums are bringing up The Shining as a wildcard. Because I guess Charles was the owner of the Overlook before the main family in the movie I believe?

For The Thing, Charles Lederer wrote the original screenplay for "The Thing From Another World", the original Thing movie adaption.

5 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Unfortunately Murdy confirmed that the "Charles" code name is not from a location, so that kills the Hellraiser tie. 

Some people on USHForums are bringing up The Shining as a wildcard. Because I guess Charles was the owner of the Overlook before the main family in the movie I believe?

For The Thing, Charles Lederer wrote the original screenplay for "The Thing From Another World", the original Thing movie adaption.

I'm not dying for a Hellraiser maze so I'm fine with that either way. 

The Shining would be pretty awesome. Yeah, Charles was the name of the previous caretaker before the Torrances who got cabin fever and killed his family then himself. Interesting, I'm actually kind of hopeful for that now.

And thank you, there's the connection! Would also love to see The Thing as a maze so crossing my fingers for that.

54 minutes ago, bggrenville813 said:

I'm not dying for a Hellraiser maze so I'm fine with that either way. 

The Shining would be pretty awesome. Yeah, Charles was the name of the previous caretaker before the Torrances who got cabin fever and killed his family then himself. Interesting, I'm actually kind of hopeful for that now.

And thank you, there's the connection! Would also love to see The Thing as a maze so crossing my fingers for that.

I'm actually the one who came up with the Connection between "Charles" and "The Shining". Also Murdy did say that the Codename has to do with a Character. So it cuts out "The Thing". Yes I love that film but I don't see it as this Maze is because it doesn't have a lot of tricky scenes. 

3 hours ago, HHNManics said:

I'm actually the one who came up with the Connection between "Charles" and "The Shining". Also Murdy did say that the Codename has to do with a Character. So it cuts out "The Thing". Yes I love that film but I don't see it as this Maze is because it doesn't have a lot of tricky scenes. 

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't see your post about the Shining connection, I was just responding to ForeverEvil1's comment

21 minutes ago, bggrenville813 said:

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't see your post about the Shining connection, I was just responding to ForeverEvil1's comment

Oh no you're fine. I'm just pointing out that Murdy said the Codename has to do with a Character not a Location or any one else. So it wouldn't be "The Thing".

I'm gonna say it's "American Horror Story". When you look at the photo 3 letters are missing actually "M", "N", and half of "H". Which is letters in the title of "American Horror Story". Just like "Charles" it will be to throw people off with thinking that "Child's Play" and announce "The Shining". Same here announce "American Horror Story" as "Writer's Block"  to throw everyone off when they thought "The Shining". It would also explain why it is 121 pages long because of the amount of the content the have. But time will tell.

Edited by HHNManics
  • Like 1

• Mark M. pinned this topic
  • Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic