HHN 2017 Speculation

If they weren't coveted properties that John had been trying to get for a long time I could see them having a best of Stephen King. But these properties were next in line to The Exorcist of highly requested but not really able to obtain. So if John in fact did obtain any of these properties, I think they would receive their own mazes

33 minutes ago, Ozian16 said:

How do we know Universal could get rights to Stephen King properties, I thought he didn't like his novels or properties turned into scare attractions? I would just like some clarity please. 

The speculation initially was since King hates the Shining movie, it's likely he wouldn't have the exact rights to it, but WB and Kubrick Estate would.

WB and Uni seem to have a decent relationship considering both parks got Exorcist last year. So the presumption was they could go around Kings and just get The Shining movie rights. As long as they don't explicitly use his name, I figure it's fair game.

Im pretty sure we either get Shining or IT (the 2017 movie being associated with New Line Cinema, by extension WB). I think those are the two we have a chance of getting.

• Like 1

Regarding Codename #2:

The previous caretaker was named Delbert Grady. There is a one line error in the Kubrick movie calling him Charles Grady (if memory serves). 

Charles Grondin was a previous owner of the Overlook. I don't remember if he was mentioned in the Kubrik movie. 

On the other hand, Charles Campion is patient zero from The Stand.

There's, also, Charlie the Choo-Choo who is referenced in the Dark Tower series, Charles Boone from Salem's Lot, Charlene (Charlie McGee) from Firestater, Charles Avarino from It, and a few more Charles's spread across the beams.  

• Like 1

I don't believe that we're not getting a LITERAL REPEAT returning this year to be honest. The Exorcist is a maze he worked on for like what? 10 years? And he's been chasing it for that long too. And on top of that, it's The Exorcist, lol. I can see it returning. Another thing is the really long lines it would constantly have (3-2 hours.) I would expect him to bring it back due to many guests who probably didn't get to experience the maze. Maybe it will come back but with scenes from sequels added in or from the TV Show?

Regarding maze #3, the first thing I thought of when he released the codename was Misery. While I highly highly doubt that would happen it is just a thought. 

Another movie I thought of for 3 is Sinister, which I think could have a chance of making it into a maze, but it's been a while since that came out and people probably wouldn't remember it very well or even care very much about it. 

Exorcist definitely could work with scenes from the TV show. Considering...

the show turned out to actually be about Reagan's daughter being possessed, so it's definitely a continuation. The maze could have like a 30 years later type feel somewhere in the middle, to now show her daughter suffering, plus the mother returning, and then eventually Reagan being re-possessed.

The show started off great, with some awesome twists, but then ended pretty damn stupidly. However, there were A LOT of great maze elements.

Hey! I'm a new member. I was just thinking, what if Charles was for Charles Manson. Marilyn Manson got his name from combining Marilyn Monroe (Someone that's pretty well known at the park) and Charles Manson. Like a Marilyn Manson maze (kinda like an Alice Cooper one, but for Manson). Just a theory, kinda dumb but oh well.

Also, do you think that Murdy will go for more than 1 Wan related maze. I've heard a lot of speculation about a Saw maze, a Insidious maze, and a Conjuring maze. I don't think Murdy would do all of those. Any ideas of how those could connect to the one of those words.

3 hours ago, JZOMBIE said:

Hey! I'm a new member. I was just thinking, what if Charles was for Charles Manson. Marilyn Manson got his name from combining Marilyn Monroe (Someone that's pretty well known at the park) and Charles Manson. Like a Marilyn Manson maze (kinda like an Alice Cooper one, but for Manson). Just a theory, kinda dumb but oh well.

John said that no Rocker mazes will be at the event this year. 

Also welcome!