HHN 2017 Speculation

25 minutes ago, JZOMBIE said:

They've already done a The Thing maze (I'm pretty sure it was the remake) so 62 pages would make sense since he probably already has notes

Yeah they did the 2011 remake which wasn't really a remake rather than a prequel. However I think they'd want to write a different treatment for a different maze. The 2011 maze was really creature heavy and I'd assume that it would take a bit longer than 62 pages to capture all of that. And if this maze is the same it might be longer. But you never know until you know for sure if that makes sense

Gonna have all the Codename hints down for Reference and what I think each one is.

"Lemonade" (Maze 1):

- Is 119 Pages Long

- It has to do with something a filmmaker said to Murdy about his Property

- Murdy recently did a redesign on the Maze and the Codename is even more appropriate 

"Charles" (Maze 2):

- May actually be tricker than "The Exorcist"

- Has a Iconic Scene that took Murdy a while to figure out and is very hard

- The Iconic Scene is instantly associated with the Property

- Is 71 Pages Long

- The Codename has to do with a Character 

- Murdy is excited about this Maze as he thought they would never do it

"Writer's Block" (Maze 3):

- The Property could have the letters "M" and "N" (Possibly a Red Herring)

- Is 121 Pages Long

- Has to do with Writer's Block 

"The Big Chill" (Maze 4):

- Murdy said that the place he was traveling to (Ireland) would influence things for this Maze

- Took Murdy 2 hours to get through 12 minutes of viewing

- "It took all day to get through less than 2 hours of viewing for the research" (Movie that's less than 2 hours)

- "Back at it tommorow... more extremely slow horror video watching awaits" (Possibly has a Sequel)

- "Boo"

- Might top "The Exorcist" in terms of how Scary it is

- Murdy is excited to bring it to HHN 

- Murdy gets shivers after watching this movie (or Movies) with Multiple Viewings

- Will be in the JP Queue 

- Is 62 Pages Long

Don't know about Lemonade. I think "The Shining" is "Charles" (Maze 2) with the Charles/Delbert Grady connection. "AMericaN Horror Story" is "Writer's Block" as in Season 2 (Asylum) Lana Winters has Writer's Block as she is trying to expose the Asylum. And that "The Conjuring" is "The Big Chill" as there is a Concert in England called "The Big Chill" and England is where "The Conjuring 2" takes place. Also in the first Movie they used a Boo Sheet for the Exorcism in the third act. "The Conjuring" is less than 2 hours and is a hour and 52 minutes. That's my thoughts.

"Lemonade" = ???

"Charles" = "The Shining"

"Writer's Block" = "American Horror Story"

"The Big Chill" = "The Conjuring"

Edited by HHNManics
  • Like 2

On 2/19/2017 at 8:10 AM, HHNManics said:

Gonna have all the Codename hints down for Reference and what I think each one is.

"Lemonade" (Maze 1):

- Is 119 Pages Long

- It has to do with something a filmmaker said to Murdy about his Property

- Murdy recently did a redesign on the Maze and the Codename is even more appropriate 

"Charles" (Maze 2):

- May actually be tricker than "The Exorcist"

- Has a Iconic Scene that took Murdy a while to figure out and is very hard

- The Iconic Scene is instantly associated with the Property

- Is 71 Pages Long

- The Codename has to do with a Character 

- Murdy is excited about this Maze as he thought they would never do it

"Writer's Block" (Maze 3):

- The Property could have the letters "M" and "N" (Possibly a Red Herring)

- Is 121 Pages Long

- Has to do with Writer's Block 

"The Big Chill" (Maze 4):

- Murdy said that the place he was traveling to (Ireland) would influence things for this Maze

- "It took all day to get through less than 2 hours of viewing for the research" (Movie that's less than 2 hours)

- "Back at it tommorow... more extremely slow horror video watching awaits" (Possibly has a Sequel)

- "Boo"

- Murdy is excited to bring it to HHN 

- Murdy gets shivers after watching this movie (or Movies) with Multiple Viewings

- Is 62 Pages Long

Don't know about Lemonade. I think "The Shining" is "Charles" (Maze 2) with the Charles/Delbert Grady connection. "AMericaN Horror Story" is "Writer's Block" as in Season 2 (Asylum) Lana Winters has Writer's Block as she is trying to expose the Asylum. And that "The Conjuring" is "The Big Chill" as there is a Concert in England called "The Big Chill" and England is where "The Conjuring 2" takes place. Also in the first Movie they used a Boo Sheet for the Exorcism in the third act. "The Conjuring" is less than 2 hours and is a hour and 52 minutes. That's my thoughts.

"Lemonade" = ???

"Charles" = "The Shining"

"Writer's Block" = "American Horror Story"

"The Big Chill" = "The Conjuring"

This guy seems on point. Also thanks for putting all that info on here in one place. Also, Charles might be for Charles montgomery from AHS. He was a doctor, so maybe something relating to medicine/doctors, like Silence Of The Lambs, which would be pretty hard to turn into a maze

8 hours ago, JZOMBIE said:

This guy seems on point. Also thanks for putting all that info on here in one place. Also, Charles might be for Charles montgomery from AHS. He was a doctor, so maybe something relating to medicine/doctors, like Silence Of The Lambs, which would be pretty hard to turn into a maze

Charles Montgomery was from American Horror Story Season 1 (Murder House) which they already did... If there was a connection it would have to be between Asylum, Coven, and Roanoke. Also my good friend Blake (HorrorNightsFan13) pointed out that AMericaN Horror Story... All 3 Seasons they haven't done (AsyluM, CoveN, and RoaNoke) has a letter from the keyboard being "M" and "N". Also Lana Winters in Season 2 (Asylum) has Writer's Block when trying to expose the Asylum. "Charles" could be "The Shining" because A. Charles/Delbert Grady is the previous caretaker of the Overlook Hotel 

B. The Challenging scene would be "Here's Johnny" or the Blood Elevator Scene. Though the new Hint Murdy put out that he named it after of a friend of his might twist my connection but I don't know. We will see.

Lemonade is almost too obvious:

Amy Schumer made a viral song called "Milk, Milk, Lemonade".

Schumer has several ties to the World Wrestling Entertainment company (WWE).

• She starred in the movie "Trainwreck" alongside WWE wrestler John Cena.  
  • She was the real-life girlfriend of WWE wrestler Dolph Ziggler.
  • Even more astonishing: her close relative is U.S. Senator Chuck Schumer, who has a political ally Tim Kaine.  Kaine is an eerily close spelling to Kane, who is a WWE wrestler closely associated with the Undertaker.

In 2000, Universal Hollywood HHN presented a maze called "The Undertaker: No Mercy", which was considered by all to be a "Trainwreck" of a maze. That maze featured The Undertaker and Kane.

John Murdy stated that there would be no direct repeats this year.  In 2000 the wrestling organization was known as WWF; today it is WWE.  Hence, no direct repeats.

So obviously "Lemonade" is a code name for a maze featuring the Undertaker and Kane.

"But wait!", you say, "what about the other clues Murdy gave us?"

As for "something a filmmaker said to Murdy about his property", John was entertaining an old buddy at his house on a hot summer day last year.  They had met many years ago at a filmmaking class.  While they were in the back yard, John's wife asked their guest if he wanted a refreshment.  After wrestling with the choices, he replied that he would love some lemonade, as long it came from the lemon trees on John's property.  A light bulb went off in John's head and, well, you know the rest...

During the maze pitch, John was told that an even bigger name needed to be added to the maze in order to engage more of the general public.  So the concept was redesigned to include John Cena in the role of his "Marine" character, John Triton.  Cena's connection to Amy Schumer made the codename "Lemonade" even more appropriate.

DUH!

Sometimes I'm surprised I need to point out the simple stuff to you guys.  But if you don't believe me, then wait till Two Ton Tick corroborates my story.

Any day now.  

Just wait.  

0b5.gif

Edited by zombieman
  • Like 4

On 2/24/2017 at 11:30 AM, zombieman said:

Lemonade is almost too obvious:

Amy Schumer made a viral song called "Milk, Milk, Lemonade".

Schumer has several ties to the World Wrestling Entertainment company (WWE).

• She starred in the movie "Trainwreck" alongside WWE wrestler John Cena.  
  • She was the real-life girlfriend of WWE wrestler Dolph Ziggler.
  • Even more astonishing: her close relative is U.S. Senator Chuck Schumer, who has a political ally Tim Kaine.  Kaine is an eerily close spelling to Kane, who is a WWE wrestler closely associated with the Undertaker.

In 2000, Universal Hollywood HHN presented a maze called "The Undertaker: No Mercy", which was considered by all to be a "Trainwreck" of a maze. That maze featured The Undertaker and Kane.

John Murdy stated that there would be no direct repeats this year.  In 2000 the wrestling organization was known as WWF; today it is WWE.  Hence, no direct repeats.

So obviously "Lemonade" is a code name for a maze featuring the Undertaker and Kane.

"But wait!", you say, "what about the other clues Murdy gave us?"

As for "something a filmmaker said to Murdy about his property", John was entertaining an old buddy at his house on a hot summer day last year.  They had met many years ago at a filmmaking class.  While they were in the back yard, John's wife asked their guest if he wanted a refreshment.  After wrestling with the choices, he replied that he would love some lemonade, as long it came from the lemon trees on John's property.  A light bulb went off in John's head and, well, you know the rest...

During the maze pitch, John was told that an even bigger name needed to be added to the maze in order to engage more of the general public.  So the concept was redesigned to include John Cena in the role of his "Marine" character, John Triton.  Cena's connection to Amy Schumer made the codename "Lemonade" even more appropriate.

DUH!

Sometimes I'm surprised I need to point out the simple stuff to you guys.  But if you don't believe me, then wait till Two Ton Tick corroborates my story.

Any day now.  

Just wait.  

0b5.gif

It's a good theory but he did say film maker. WWE is on tv AND if it was a train wreck in the past, why would they do it again. Like for AVP. The second year they did it people didn't like it, so they didn't do it again. Also wrestling doesn't really feel like something Murdy would do.

20 minutes ago, JZOMBIE said:

It's a good theory but he did say film maker. WWE is on tv AND if it was a train wreck in the past, why would they do it again. Like for AVP. The second year they did it people didn't like it, so they didn't do it again. Also wrestling doesn't really feel like something Murdy would do.

It's a joke.

Don't mean to double post but...

Found a connection to "The Big Chill" and "The Conjuring" which in my eyes is a pretty interesting codename. Gonna run through the hints again and give the reason as to why I think it is "The Conjuring".

- Murdy said that the place he was traveling to (Uk, Ireland) would influence things for this Maze

- "Boo"

- Murdy is excited to bring it to HHN (Possibly brand new)

- The hint comes from a song on the soundtrack from the movie "The Big Chill"

- Is 62 Pages Long

"The Conjuring 2" takes place in England, London which is in the UK. "The Conjuring" (First film) is a hour and 52 minutes (the scene he could be talking about for 12 minutes could be the opening with Annabelle). "The Conjuring 2" exists and is a Sequel. They use a Boo Sheet for the ghost in the third act Exorcism in the original. "The Conjuring" has never been at the event. "Insidious" has been in the JP Queue twice and was James Wan Property so "The Conjuring"? The Song is "Time of the Season" by the Zombies which is a song that is used in the first film (The Scene where they unpack into the house). Plus the Song was recorded in London which is where "The Conjuring 2" takes place. 

That's my connection. Big thanks to Chris Galindo(USH Forums). We talk on twitter a lot about connections and such and we found this connection (Well he did find the song) together. That's my opinion. (Also here's the Scene where the song is featured) 

• Like 2

Anyone just see Murdy's recent 'Darkhorse' tweet about Maze 5? That's honestly be way too obvious for an Alien or a Predator maze due to the original Alien/Predator comics being published by Darkhorse comics. I really doubt Predator. I can see us getting a Predator maze next year due to a movie coming out next year but I feel like Alien is a possibility this year because of the Alien: Covenant movie being released in a couple of months. Plus his first tweet about maze 5 said "please ignore the screams coming from my office" ... IN SPACE, NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM? 

19 minutes ago, Bourgeoised said:

I don't know if it's been brought up yet but what are the chances of us getting a Stranger Things maze? The new season comes out in October and the first season was a HUGE hit. I'm not sure if any of these clues point to that?

No chance. And I think I'm a q&a John said there will be a maze based on a tv show. And that sounds like only one maze, which we all know is American Horror Story

On 2/28/2017 at 7:19 PM, Henry14 said:

Does anyone know what the "Dark Horse" maze was from last year?

Krampus

Found a connection for "Lemonade".... Finally. Gonna post all the hints before telling you the connection.

"Lemonade" Hints:

- Is 119 Pages Long 

- It has to do with something a filmmaker said to Murdy about his Property 

- Murdy did a redesign on the Maze recently and the Codename is even more appropriate 

- The Redesign was not requested from the filmmakers

- The Redesign was on a large portion of the Maze

- The Codename has a B connection 

- Lemonade is not a new film

- It's pretty obvious in what it points to but pretty obscure in the connection beyond that 

- It was something that needed to be designed first.

So the connection is this. There is a song called "Blood like Lemonade". The B Connection would be "B"lood. The Connection is that there are lyrics in the song like "He drank the blood like Lemonade". In the original "Hellraiser" Frank comes back to life and needs his lover to lure men and bring them to him so he can drink their blood and become human again. It would be the original "Hellraiser" so it wouldn't be a new film. I could see Clive Barker talking to Murdy about "Hellraiser" and Frank. Seeing as there was that tweet saying that the VP of Clive Barker's Office wanted to talk to him it would make sense if they wanted to get it out of the way first. Yep that's the connection.

Edited by HHNManics
  • Like 1

Damn, this thread's been dead. I remember over the years, it'd be active 24/7. Someone tweeted Murdy a few days ago asking when he was announcing the first maze and Murdy said hopefully in the next month or two. Basically, the same time he announced The Exorcist last year. I wonder what maze is so special that he wants to announce it earlier than usual.

7 minutes ago, StraightEdge said:

Damn, this thread's been dead. I remember over the years, it'd be active 24/7. Someone tweeted Murdy a few days ago asking when he was announcing the first maze and Murdy said hopefully in the next month or two. Basically, the same time he announced The Exorcist last year. I wonder what maze is so special that he wants to announce it earlier than usual.

Based off of rumors and speculation, it's believed that The Shining will be coming to HHN this year and if it does it'll most likely be shared with Orlando. So similarly to The Exorcist, I see both coasts announcing a highly requested property early on in the season

• Like 2

Im Alive!!!!!

whats the low down so far guys ? 

Also so I hate to be the one pee in your guy's cheerios but I'm surprised no one has said anything but unless an act of God has just happened (which idk been disconnected from the game for a while) I wouldn't count on shinning as long as Stephen King is alive or there isn't a two bit remake in the works that made him abandon the title ala Carey. 

For anyone new basically Uni has tried since the Mist to do a maze based on his movie adaptations but he hates the idea of his stuff ending up as attractions unless it's in Carey's case where he hated the remake so bad he disassociated himself from it and knots pull the rights for a room based on it. But idk. 

• Like 1

Personally I really, really, really want to see The Ring come to HHN this year. At both Hollywood and Orlando, and maybe Japan too if they somehow get the original movie. With how much the sequel tanked though, it may seem not as good as an idea as before.

• Mark M. pinned this topic
  • Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic