HHN 2017 Speculation

Considering the trailer for IT was shown to an audience at I forgot what event, and how the trailer comes out next month, I'm kinda hoping next months maze announcement is IT. 

The trailer/teaser is getting great feedback and is said to be very creepy/scary.

I'm still counting on "The Shining" to be the First Maze Announcement there are some reasons. 

A. It's the Stanley Kubrick Version which King himself didn't like. In which with all the success with "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter" and last year "The Exorcist" maybe Murdy got ahold of them and convinced Warner Bros to give the rights to "The Shining".

B. It's very long overdue. Last time I can Remember people speculating on "The Shining" was 2012. It's a Cult Classic and it has every right to be a Maze.

C. Three of the four Codenames hint or have connections with "The Shining"

1. "Charles" - The Previous caretaker in the film is Charles Grady and later in the film he is called Delbert Grady, (Challenging Scene) Elevator Blood Scene.

2. "Writer's Block" - Jack Torrance becomes Caretaker so he can get Inspiration for his new novel because he has Writer's Block

3. "The Big Chill" - Jack Torrance freezes at the End of the Film (I know this isn't a connection anymore)

But all those Codenames hint at it and if it wasn't coming it would seriously disappoint fans. I personally think it's "Charles" because it fits all of the Hints that the Codename has.

D. It would work as the First Maze Announcement. Monsterpalooza is coming up on April 9th and with Murdy's recent tweets he seems that he has designed 6 Mazes. There is a chance he will finish all mazes treatments by Early April. Last year at Monsterpalooza Murdy hinted the first Maze Announcement by saying it will have a Blackout Performer and a few days later "The Exorcist" is announced as a Shared Maze. Which is what I think Murdy will do this year. Hint at Monsterpalooza the first Maze Announcement and announce "The Shining" a few Days later. "The Exorcist" was a huge first Maze Announcement and possibly the biggest announcement of last year. Having "The Shining" be the first Maze Announcement would also be equally huge. Also someone asked Murdy if we will get hints at Monsterpalooza and he said "possibly but not for sure". Also "It" can't be the first Maze Announcement because if it was coming by Early April only the Teaser would be Out. If it was to be a Maze I would say late July/ Early August for that Announcement.

So yeah.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Grindhousehero13 said:

Same thing unless a miracle happened Stephen king would not allow it 

Maybe like you said about him kinda disowning Carrie, it may be the same kinda thing where he doesn't really give a shot about IT. Also, I'm loving this thread

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JZOMBIE said:

Maybe like you said about him kinda disowning Carrie, it may be the same kinda thing where he doesn't really give a shot about IT. Also, I'm loving this thread

Quite the contrary with IT, he seems to be praising the remake. The Shining however, since he hated Kubrick's version I could see them getting away with it 

11 hours ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

Quite the contrary with IT, he seems to be praising the remake. The Shining however, since he hated Kubrick's version I could see them getting away with it 

Ok, thanks for the clear up :)

So far we have these speculated

Lemonade: The Conjuring 

Writer's Block: The Shining 

Charles: I don't really know.

The Big chill: I heard this could be Alien since the connection of the big chill and outer space. 

Any ideas?

22 minutes ago, JZOMBIE said:

Ok, thanks for the clear up :)

So far we have these speculated

Lemonade: The Conjuring 

Writer's Block: The Shining 

Charles: I don't really know.

The Big chill: I heard this could be Alien since the connection of the big chill and outer space. 

Any ideas?

Well "Lemonade" hasn't had any real connections as of far. So that wouldn't be it. "Writer's Block" could be American Horror Story due to Lana Winters has Writer's Block as she is trying to expose the Asylum plus the missing letters from that photo that John tweeted was "M" and "N" in which "AsyluM", "CoveN", and "RoaNoke" which are all seasons that haven't been used yet. "The Shining" could be Charles because in the film the previous caretaker is Charles Grady but later in the film when he meets Jack he says his name is Delbert Grady which is personal. And the Challenging Scene would be the Elevator Scene. And "The Big Chill" could be Psycho considering that multiple songs from the Soundtrack hint at Psycho. "I heard it throughthe Grapevine" was written by "Norman" Whitfield. "My Girl" has the lyrics "When it's cold outside, I've got the month of May" (Mother's Day is in May). "What's going on" alludes to Marvin talking to his mother as what is going on around him so as of far.

"Lemonade" = ???

"Charles" = "The Shining"

"Writer's Block" = "American Horror Story"

"The Big Chill" = "Psycho"

• Like 1

Any scare zone ideas? I could see them doing the one theme thing again like last year. What were your guys' thoughts on that? :)

Also, just putting it out there that I'm super excited for the David Bowie code name. I know an exstensive amount about him so maybe that could come in handy when theorizing :)

On March 19, 2017 at 9:36 PM, JZOMBIE said:

Any scare zone ideas? I could see them doing the one theme thing again like last year. What were your guys' thoughts on that? :)

Also, just putting it out there that I'm super excited for the David Bowie code name. I know an exstensive amount about him so maybe that could come in handy when theorizing :)

Murdy said during a Q&A that they will probably have more than one theme. I sincerely hope so, I'm pretty over the Purge take-over (as much as I loved the movies). 

1 hour ago, Razor14 said:

i hope we get a classic universal monsters scare zone and no dub step i would prefer this. The song has such a beautiful tone but yet so creepy and ambient which would fit perfectly in the scare zone.   

That would be cool. Also, I LOVE your DG picture :)

16 minutes ago, HHNManics said:

So the lineup got leaked. 

- American Horror Story (Roanoke Only) - FDTD Area 

- The Shining (Kubrick Version) - Mummy Queue 

- Insidous (Chapter Four Only) - JP Queue 

- The Conjuring - Waterworld Queue 

- Saw - Metro Sets 

- Evil Dead ll - 747 Queue 

- Blumhouse Mashup - Parsian Courtyard

Terror Tram: Titans of Terror 

Scare Zones: Unknown

Leaked where? 

15 minutes ago, HHNManics said:

On the USHforums. The Source is two people who work at Universal. Someone else who has a Source on the forums confirmed this lineup.

Are you that someone?

If this is true, a Blumhouse maze just wouldn't work. Stick with one film or series. Maybe just Get Out since it's been so successful? Also if this is legit, the titans of terror tram just sounds random and strange. Just seeing them walking around the trail? I just don't see it working. Everything else sounds pretty fan- requested so I am excited!

47 minutes ago, behemothman08 said:

So this Saw maze, is it supposed to be Saw Legacy or a "best of" like '09 and '10?

I hope it's best of. Also, I'm excited that this is happening. It's going to be fucking legit

Guess it's time to guess scarzones. 

I think:

Clowns

some type of corpses/zombies zone

some movie based zone

And maybe extermanators 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2017 at 3:57 PM, DTH316 said:

Decent line up if true. Evil Dead II though? What about part 1! lol

II is just a remake of I. You only need II. :)

On 3/28/2017 at 2:04 PM, RevFreako said:

II is just a remake of I. You only need II. :)

Its not a remake, enough with the blasphemy! Lol 

2 hours ago, ldh5086 said:

Not sure if you guys saw or not but Orlando announced AHS Asylum, Coven and Roanoke today. So I wonder if an announce for us will follow...

I'm curious why they're holding off on the announcement for Hollywood. If the leaked line up is true, I'm really bummed that we're only getting Roanoke. I think Asylum makes for the best maze material. 

Also, I've been doing weekly HHN videos and would love for any of you guys to check it out and subscribe if you enjoy the content. Thanks in advance! =]