HHN 2017 Speculation

This is just upsetting to me. I really wanted to come face to face with Valek. I mean The Thing is a great film, but I'm afraid they're gonna disrespect the property by rushing everything in the last minute. A house based on a John Carpenter classic should be crafted masterfully and should take its time, not like The Saw is the Law. Or else it'll be a house that's just there with little effort put into it. Oh well, at least we're seeing more old school horror in the lineup.

How does nobody understand that this is not a last minute replacement. The Conjuring hadn't even come close to starting construction. John has enough Time to design a maze based off of The Thing and not have to change Conjuring sets into Thing sets. We still have 4 months until September so this is far from a last minute change 

• Like 3

Man I am so ridiculously upset about this, my whole week is ruined. Don't get me wrong, The Thing is an incredible movie and is in my top 10 favorite horror flicks of all time, so I'm glad that's coming. It just sucks that it'll be replacing what would have been a very strong and completely nightmare inducing maze. Hopefully they'll be able to make it work next year, I just want to see Valak! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

How does nobody understand that this is not a last minute replacement. The Conjuring hadn't even come close to starting construction. John has enough Time to design a maze based off of The Thing and not have to change Conjuring sets into Thing sets. We still have 4 months until September so this is far from a last minute change 

And worst case scenario he can re-use scene treatments from 2011 if he's running short on time. I'm sure it will turn out to be a great maze, and honestly I'm glad we have one less paranormal house.

• Like 1

So... not sure if everyone saw but going off of twitter John's apparently making another maze, which kinda confirms Conjuring might be gone. I'm really excited for The Thing though because it adds something besides ghosts to this years event. Needless to say it is disappointing that The Conjuring won't be at the event, but at least we're getting a good backup.

Edited by wow

I'm really sorry to hear the Conjuring has been scrapped. That was going to be my most-anticipated house. This sounds like AWiL/TCM all over again from 2012. I'm a little concerned how the Thing will turn out since this is a little late in the game for design. When that happened with AWiL/TCM, that was around June, I think. Hopefully this will turn out to be good. 

I think The Thing will actually be really good because it's being designed/made before they were deep into the construction phase. Hopefully the maze won't disappoint because right now The Thing is my #2 most anticipated maze

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wow said:

I think The Thing will actually be really good because it's being designed/made before they were deep into the construction phase. Hopefully the maze won't disappoint because right now The Thing is my #2 most anticipated maze

I agree, I'm sure it will still be great since they have quite a bit of time to work on it. Plus, you know Murdy has back-up mazes at least partially planned in case something like this happens. He must have expected the possibility of The Conjuring being pulled, since these lawsuits have been going on since the first movie was released. I'm sure he had plenty of material work out for The thing in advance, it's just a matter of getting the rest of it planned out. And it is extremely lucky that construction has barely started. Have faith people!

On a side note, does anyone know if any of the locations of the mazes got moved? Because right now we're looking at:

Upper Lot:

Blumhouse Mashup: Parsian Courtyard

The Walking Dead: TWD Attraction

The Thing: Waterworld Queue(assuming it replaces Conjuring)

Lower Lot:

Insidious: Jurassic Park Queue

The Shining: Mummy Queue

Backlot:

Saw: Metro Sets

American Horror Story(Roanoke): FDTD Area

Ash vs Evil Dead: 747 Queue

Also, Insidious has to be the answer to the codename "The Big Chill" because if it is in the JP queue then it must be it because John said "The Big Chill" is in that area.

Edited by wow

On 5/27/2017 at 8:19 PM, HHNManics said:

On a unrelated note to HHN2017. For some good news. Murdy always talked about wanting Alice Cooper to do a Concept Album for the Final Maze. And...

http://teamrock.com/news/2017-05-11/alice-cooper-announces-new-album-paranormal

While it may be too early to discuss HHN 2018 I think we could be seeing this for 2018.

It would of been perfect to have the maze this year in order to promote the album right away.

1 hour ago, wow said:

This is unrelated but, what do you guys think we'll get for scarezones? John said they're all originals but what do you think they'll be?

There's really no way to tell as we never get hints for scarezones. They're just all kinda announced when the website is, if they're originals. I can eliminate clowns though since he said he won't be using clowns. Other than that, he can come up with anything. 

It's going to be interesting seeing The Thing (if it actually is true, I kind of doubt it because he said they're making their own spin on the facade) replace The Conjuring in WW. The Thing in 2011 used large puppets and large sets/rooms, so it may make the maze shorter or more difficult to work with in that area.

18 minutes ago, StraightEdge said:

Was The Mummy reboot not on the leaked list? I can't remember if it was but from what's in the trailers, it looks like it could have maze material or possibly make a good maze plus it's a Universal Property so how the hell isnt it coming this year.

If Insidious gets crammed into the Blumhouse of Horrors, The Mummy might make a good replacement.

9 minutes ago, deliciousoatmeal said:

If Insidious gets crammed into the Blumhouse of Horrors, The Mummy might make a good replacement.

I was thinking about that earlier and while I don't think it would be a great replacement, I think it may be the replacement. A promotional universal property makes sense. Plus John did say on twitter that he wrote not just one but two extra maze treatments which makes it easy to infer that another Conjuring and Insidious were removed from the lineup and The Thinf and something else have had treatments written 

Honestly if both Conjuring and Insidious get pulled, I feel like we will see The Thing and a different, unexpected IP. Something that not many have guessed, because Murdy wants to keep everyone on their toes and two properties getting pulled is the perfect opportunity for this.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, aam1995 said:

I don't see The Thing happening. Unless it goes into JP, which I highly doubt. 

The Thing is actually very likely, but mostly because the Conjuring was pulled. According to rumors the replacements for Conjuring and Insidious are Thing and *I hope this isn't true but it makes sense* The Mummy. Thing is more likely but Mummy would make sense for promotional purposes; but anyways if they did come this would be locations:

Waterworld Queue: The Thing(1982 version)

JP Queue: The Mummy/Other IP Replacement

1 hour ago, StraightEdge said:

It would make sense to put The Mummy maze in the Mummy venue..... lol. But since The Shining took that spot oh well.

They really should've put The Shining in a bigger area(preferably on the backlot); there's no way they can replicate some of the Overlook's details in the Mummy venue.

On 6/2/2017 at 10:09 PM, dereksdominance said:

Honestly if both Conjuring and Insidious get pulled, I feel like we will see The Thing and a different, unexpected IP. Something that not many have guessed, because Murdy wants to keep everyone on their toes and two properties getting pulled is the perfect opportunity for this.

I hope this happens instead of getting the mummy.

• Like 1