HHN 2017 Speculation

2 hours ago, Horrorisprettyrad said:

am I the only one that's kinda disappointed in potentially ANOTHER insidious maze?

Well it's not really another Insidious maze since it's based on content nobody's actually seen. It's gonna be solely based off of the 2018 movie and will likely feature the Lipstick Face Demon and new villains 

Just now, Horrorisprettyrad said:

I dunno, insidious isn't really appealing to me i guess. The ghosts and haunted house theming come across as a bit stale personally, especially after having it for two years already. And lets not kid ourselves, we know the fourth movie is just gonna be that again. Really though I wonder why they just didn't shove it in the supposed blumhouse mashup.

In a way I agree because then another IP could've taken Insidious' place, but the Insidious mazes have always been good so I guess it's better for this to come back over stuff like TiTE

2 minutes ago, Horrorisprettyrad said:

Didn't you think TITE was amazing though??? I think this year we should have an escape room where you're locked in a box with seth rogen. Horrifying.

Personally, I've never actually been to HHN and this year will be my first year. From what I've heard though TiTE was generally regarded as the worst maze of that year

1 minute ago, HHNManics said:

Leatherface

Hey Manics do you know if John had any other properties that he wanted to do this year besides The Conjuring or Asylum/Coven? Or just anything on the short list that you could see coming in future years

5 minutes ago, Horrorisprettyrad said:

My god i'd be so bummed if we really got leatherface instead of the thing. The thing is one of my favorite movies ever

Yeah me too, but I can see why John would choose Leatherface since he's already done it so many times. With The Thing it would feel too similar too 2011's maze since we've never had the '82 version and therefore we wouldn't have the props for it.

12 minutes ago, TheGatekeeper1234 said:

I'm just asking this, I recently join this site. Mind telling me what's the deal with leatherface? Didn't we just have a house last year in the same location about him?

Leatherface is supposedly the last minute replacement for the Conjuring. The Conjuring was supposed to be in the Waterworld Queue this year but it has since been scrapped, so John's decision was to replace it using Leatherface which right now kinda seems like a poor move due to us just having TCM in the same venue last year 

• Like 1

I have to say I'm in 100% denial that Leatherface would happen. Universal/ Murdy aren't stupid, they know that they're already constructing two mazes for films premiering after HHN begins (Jigsaw and Insidious 4). A third would be pushing it. In addition, they know the uproar they would get from fans for giving us a crappy maze of the same property in the same location. They have to have something up their sleeve. I'll keep the faith until we get an official announcement.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dereksdominance said:

I have to say I'm in 100% denial that Leatherface would happen. Universal/ Murdy aren't stupid, they know that they're already constructing two mazes for films premiering after HHN begins (Jigsaw and Insidious 4). A third would be pushing it. In addition, they know the uproar they would get from fans for giving us a crappy maze of the same property in the same location. They have to have something up their sleeve. I'll keep the faith until we get an official announcement.

I'm hoping you're right, but Leatherface is going to be distributed by Lionsgate who will also distribute Jigsaw, so it would be very easy to get the rights to and they have lots of props to reuse. *praying we get The Thing*

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:55 AM, wow said:

I'm hoping you're right, but Leatherface is going to be distributed by Lionsgate who will also distribute Jigsaw, so it would be very easy to get the rights to and they have lots of props to reuse. *praying we get The Thing*

You are absolutely right and I'm not gonna deny a Leatherface maze would be an easy one to produce and get the rights to. I just feel like they understand that it would not make for a crowd pleaser and have a super secret maze plan in the works.

Hey everyone.

It's been ages since I've posted on here, but with the Brand NEW Cult of Chucky trailer dropping today and the new film being released (10/3/17)

I reached out to writer, director DON MANCINI via twitter and he confirmed that we would be seeing Chucky incorporated in this years HHN somehow.

(my guess being a scare zone, as previously done in 2013 for the promotion for "Curse of Chucky")

_

what does my fellow HHN family think?

12 minutes ago, FattYeli17 said:

Hey everyone.

It's been ages since I've posted on here, but with the Brand NEW Cult of Chucky trailer dropping today and the new film being released (10/3/17)

I reached out to writer, director DON MANCINI via twitter and he confirmed that we would be seeing Chucky incorporated in this years HHN somehow.

(my guess being a scare zone, as previously done in 2013 for the promotion for "Curse of Chucky")

_

what does my fellow HHN family think?

Murdy said there would be Original Scare Zones this year. But I don't know anymore?

8 minutes ago, wow said:

What day do you think we're gonna get the Insidious announcement next week?

Highly speculated that it's Insidious, it could possibly be something else. Who knows at this point? But I would say Thursday or Friday would be a safe bet. They announced Hell Comes to Haddonfield around that time last year so I think another announcement may be in store

Just now, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

Highly speculated that it's Insidious, it could possibly be something else. Who knows at this point? But I would say Thursday or Friday would be a safe bet. They announced Hell Comes to Haddonfield around that time last year so I think another announcement may be in store

Hopefully it's Insidious. When do you think we'll get the supposed Leatherface announcement *i still hope that fell through and it's actually The Thing*

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wow said:

Hopefully it's Insidious. When do you think we'll get the supposed Leatherface announcement *i still hope that fell through and it's actually The Thing*

I'm gonna give myself a 100% confidence interval and say sometime between July and September 15th 

But seriously im thinking mid to late July, potentially early August