HHN 2017 Speculation

Just now, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

The Uber Fan connection isn't about anyone being an Uber fan about anything. John told Manics on twitter that the codename relates to the concept for the facade

the budget was probably partitioned for The Conjuring to be included, and The Thing and Alien would both be much more expensive choices so the budget probably wouldn't allow for it. Don't count on Alien, don't count on The Thing

Got it; so what do you think the replacement will be?

Honestly I'm pretty new here account wise but I've been pretty active looking at what people are saying about hhn Hollywood. But at the same time the conjuring was scrapped, I remember that murdy said that he wrote TWO extra maze treatments, Correct me if I'm wrong! :) but no one is addressing the second maze treatment that murdy wrote. I understand people are talking about the conjuring replacement but i guess no one talked about the other treatment

37 minutes ago, hhnhart said:

Honestly I'm pretty new here account wise but I've been pretty active looking at what people are saying about hhn Hollywood. But at the same time the conjuring was scrapped, I remember that murdy said that he wrote TWO extra maze treatments, Correct me if I'm wrong! :) but no one is addressing the second maze treatment that murdy wrote. I understand people are talking about the conjuring replacement but i guess no one talked about the other treatment

The Other Treatment was for AHS.

5 hours ago, aam1995 said:

Uber fan is Alice Cooper. Murdy is an Uber Fan and the facade is inspired by Murdy. The facade is something an Uber fan would create. 

While I'd love for that to be true, I'm not thinking it's time for Alice to come back yet. Paranormal is being released at the end of this month, but I don't think it's been said if it's a concept album or just a regular album. John has said that he'll do Alice Cooper again in a heart beat but only if Alice makes him a concept album for the maze. 

9 hours ago, hhnhart said:

we had been addressing it for a while, thinking that both Writer's Block (Insidious ch. 4) and The Big Chill ( The Conjuring) were scrapped. Conjuring was actually lost due to the lawsuit and we thought Insidious would be lost due to the date being pushed back however the two extra treatments were to replace The Big Chill and to make extreme alterations to American Horror Story to make it solely based on Roanoke rather than the original design based on the other 3 seasons like Orlando is doing 

I know it's too early to discuss HHN 2018 but someone on the Inside Uni forums said that they might have an IP for next year planned, and I don't know how they'd do it in a maze; but the rumored 2018 property is ......

Twin Peaks

1 hour ago, wow said:

I know it's too early to discuss HHN 2018 but someone on the Inside Uni forums said that they might have an IP for next year planned, and I don't know how they'd do it in a maze; but the rumored 2018 property is ......

Twin Peaks

This guys is in 2018 when we're all in 2017 

We're still speculating on 2017 so I would save all 2018 speculation until a few weeks after the event starts. Plus this IS the 2017 speculation forum, not 2018. It is kinda slow right now but there is still one more property for 2017 that we don't know, we gotta figure that out 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

This guys is in 2018 when we're all in 2017 

We're still speculating on 2017 so I would save all 2018 speculation until a few weeks after the event starts. Plus this IS the 2017 speculation forum, not 2018. It is kinda slow right now but there is still one more property for 2017 that we don't know, we gotta figure that out 

Sorry, speculations been so dry I figured I'd throw that out lol; but yeah thanks to the leaked list speculations mostly been connecting codenames to leaked properties

15 minutes ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

waterworld and Parisian are under construction, looks like every maze is under construction for this year

Hopefully they'll breeze through waterworld construction.. I need to know what it is damn it! Jk

• I am so relieved that Leatherface is no longer happening, it just did not make sense this entire time. It feels awesome to have genuine surprise back in this lineup, as it seems the team really did have something under their sleeves entire time. I'm begging for The Thing to happen.
  • Like 1

Got two Connections for "Uber Fan".

1. Leatherface:

Now I know everyone is really against this one but hear me out...

‘TEXAS CHAINSAW’ UBER-FAN TURNING LANDMARK INTO HORROR DESTINATION | LinkedIn

"Longtime Chain Saw fan Roy Rose purchased the dilapidated Texas gas station this past year, and with the help of a bona fide horror icon, he’s set to turn the property into the ultimate horror fan destination."

Gas Station turned into a Ultimate Horror Fan Destination by a Uber Fan. The Facade being the Gas Station

2. The Thing:

When you search up "Uber Fan" on Google this is what you get.

"Uberfic (short for uber fanfic, uberXena, or simply uber or über) is a genre of alternate universe fan fiction in which characters or events are portrayedsomewhat closely to original canon but usually in a different time period, place, or reality, many times"

THE THING: INFECTION AT OUTPOST 31 Board Game – Mondo

The Description says...

"In THE THING™ INFECTION AT OUTPOST 31, relive John Carpenter’s sci-fi cult classic as a hidden identity game designed to push you to the edge. Play as one of a dozen characters like helicopter pilot MacReady, mechanic Childs, or station manager Garry. Face sabotage and infection as you investigate the facility—gather gear, battle The Thing, expose any imitations among you, and escape Outpost 31!"

The Facade of course being "Outpost 31" but is in a alternate universe withcharacters like MacReady, Childs, and Garry.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HHNManics said:

Got two Connections for "Uber Fan".

1. Leatherface:

Now I know everyone is really against this one but hear me out...

‘TEXAS CHAINSAW’ UBER-FAN TURNING LANDMARK INTO HORROR DESTINATION | LinkedIn

"Longtime Chain Saw fan Roy Rose purchased the dilapidated Texas gas station this past year, and with the help of a bona fide horror icon, he’s set to turn the property into the ultimate horror fan destination."

Gas Station turned into a Ultimate Horror Fan Destination by a Uber Fan. The Facade being the Gas Station

2. The Thing:

When you search up "Uber Fan" on Google this is what you get.

"Uberfic (short for uber fanfic, uberXena, or simply uber or über) is a genre of alternate universe fan fiction in which characters or events are portrayedsomewhat closely to original canon but usually in a different time period, place, or reality, many times"

THE THING: INFECTION AT OUTPOST 31 Board Game – Mondo

The Description says...

"In THE THING™ INFECTION AT OUTPOST 31, relive John Carpenter’s sci-fi cult classic as a hidden identity game designed to push you to the edge. Play as one of a dozen characters like helicopter pilot MacReady, mechanic Childs, or station manager Garry. Face sabotage and infection as you investigate the facility—gather gear, battle The Thing, expose any imitations among you, and escape Outpost 31!"

The Facade of course being "Outpost 31" but is in a alternate universe withcharacters like MacReady, Childs, and Garry.

I thought you said Leatherface was a red herring/property handed around to dissapoint fans?

4 minutes ago, HHNManics said:

I have may been wrong on that.

Damn it; John better not use Leatherface or else he's gonna have to deal with even more backlash than he did for Roanoke *which I agreed with*. But quick question for the Leatherface connection; Leatherface will be a prequel so why would they use the gas station? Still praying we get The Thing

Edited by wow

Just now, themazethinker said:

the thing is more likely since leatherface has a limited release 

Leatherface is gonna have a limited release??? Shouldn't that be a red flag for John; it's also getting a DirecTV release in September. From reading the plot synopsis I don't see how Leatherface could be maze, it seems mostly like a road trip to the Sawyers

1 minute ago, wow said:

Leatherface is gonna have a limited release??? Shouldn't that be a red flag for John; it's also getting a DirecTV release in September. From reading the plot synopsis I don't see how Leatherface could be maze, it seems mostly like a road trip to the Sawyers

and remember murdy said he always wanted to do a thing maze in the scarela panel last year at 59;24 

Just now, themazethinker said:

and remember murdy said he always wanted to do a thing maze in the scarela panel last year at 59;24 

True, I'm not sold on Leatherface till I see it; but I do appreciate Manics work when it comes to updating us. The Thing makes more sense but it would require a bigger budget unless John wants to recycle stuff from 2011's maze

Just now, wow said:

True, I'm not sold on Leatherface till I see it; but I do appreciate Manics work when it comes to updating us. The Thing makes more sense but it would require a bigger budget unless John wants to recycle stuff from 2011's maze

i think the conjuring was replaced on may so i think the props will be done by setember

1 minute ago, themazethinker said:

i think the conjuring was replaced on may so i think the props will be done by setember

Hopefully; I love TCM but it needs to take a break and let another property come