HHN 2017 Speculation

12 minutes ago, Henry14 said:

Does anyone else find it odd that there might be two houses that have more than one IP in each one(one contains old school horror and the other contains new school horror)? And they're both on the upper lot as well. If that were the case maybe the New York entrance scare zone should include a bunch of iconic horror movie characters, similar to the All Nite Die-In scare zone from HHN 25. 

All the scarezones are original concepts this year, and while combining a ton of horror icons may seem like an original idea, the characters are still branded with an IP so I think that would technically make the zone an IP 

Posting this to clear things up:

I was at a party with some people who know way more than I do last night and some of the talk was speculation and some (at least I'm assuming) was real. I cannot confirm any of the information I provided as I have no clue if it's real or not. Side note: alcohol was involved so take everything I post with a grain of salt. That aside, I have plenty of reason to believe that some of the stuff I heard was legitimate. 

List of things that were brought up:

Blumhouse is confirmed (no clue if that's actually the case)

Ash vs Evil dead  is confirmed- supposedly branded as the show for publicity but will focus on the first two original Evil Dead movies. (No clue if this is actually true)

Saw maze is confirmed - will supposedly be focusing on a different movie so as to be original  (I have good reason to believe this is true) 

Titans of Terror will be a maze and not the terror tram (Got this information from multiple people so it might hold some weight) 

There won't be a terror tram this year (Enh about this piece of information) Only reason I'm not completely dismissing it is because last year's tram was not fantastic as it did not get the praise we were expecting it to nor the throughput 

The conjuring was going to be a maze but was dropped because of a lawsuit over the rights or something (I've heard this one a lot so probably true) 

All other speculation that I've read on this forum was not brought up at all so other than what I just wrote above is either bologna or any of the people who I talked to don't know more than they talked about. 

12 hours ago, themazethinker said:

jesus we need a whole thread of your stories behind the scenes

I was going to do an AMA on reddit but got too lazy. I'm all for doing one on this site though. If ya'll have any questions at all I am willing to answer all of them. 

46 minutes ago, JonaMar said:

Posting this to clear things up:

I was at a party with some people who know way more than I do last night and some of the talk was speculation and some (at least I'm assuming) was real. I cannot confirm any of the information I provided as I have no clue if it's real or not. Side note: alcohol was involved so take everything I post with a grain of salt. That aside, I have plenty of reason to believe that some of the stuff I heard was legitimate. 

List of things that were brought up:

Blumhouse is confirmed (no clue if that's actually the case)

Ash vs Evil dead  is confirmed- supposedly branded as the show for publicity but will focus on the first two original Evil Dead movies. (No clue if this is actually true)

Saw maze is confirmed - will supposedly be focusing on a different movie so as to be original  (I have good reason to believe this is true) 

Titans of Terror will be a maze and not the terror tram (Got this information from multiple people so it might hold some weight) 

There won't be a terror tram this year (Enh about this piece of information) Only reason I'm not completely dismissing it is because last year's tram was not fantastic as it did not get the praise we were expecting it to nor the throughput 

The conjuring was going to be a maze but was dropped because of a lawsuit over the rights or something (I've heard this one a lot so probably true) 

All other speculation that I've read on this forum was not brought up at all so other than what I just wrote above is either bologna or any of the people who I talked to don't know more than they talked about. 

I was going to do an AMA on reddit but got too lazy. I'm all for doing one on this site though. If ya'll have any questions at all I am willing to answer all of them. 

one thing i do wanna know is if there were any changes to houses after opening night. like prop changes or added scareactors etc etc

1 hour ago, themazethinker said:

one thing i do wanna know is if there were any changes to houses after opening night. like prop changes or added scareactors etc etc

No, all props are final by opening night. The only thing they'll do is change around where some scareactors are or what their movements might be, but they don't add anything. The only example that I can think of that follows that is: the purge scarezone inside the tunnel in Route 666 had SOME prop changes. A machete or two were handed out to purgers that weren't supposed to have machetes. 

1 minute ago, JonaMar said:

No, all props are final by opening night. The only thing they'll do is change around where some scareactors are or what their movements might be, but they don't add anything. The only example that I can think of that follows that is: the purge scarezone inside the tunnel in Route 666 had SOME prop changes. A machete or two were handed out to purgers that weren't supposed to have machetes. 

i meant about stuff that were removed or changed since people were offended but point taken. what was the most grusome/scariest makeup you did. also were there any funny scareactor experiences.

20 minutes ago, themazethinker said:

i meant about stuff that were removed or changed since people were offended but point taken. what was the most grusome/scariest makeup you did. also were there any funny scareactor experiences.

This year will be my first as a scareactor, in the past, I've worked as a maze host and a lead for Route 666. So I haven't done any makeup on myself (at least not yet). The funniest scareactor/guest experience I got was as follows: My friend who was working as a glass mask in the Purge zone Tunnel walked behind a couple who was holding hands. He tapped the man on his shoulder and got him to unlock hands with his girlfriend. My friend took the girl's hand and continued walking for some 20 feet before she realized it wasn't her boyfriend. I've never seen someone jump so high in my life. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hhnhart said:

Hmmmmmmm... look up 'Inglewood oil field houses' on google images. 

Figured that out on Tuesday. Saw the house on an episode of Face Off and worked backwards. Thinking Jason Blum liked the look of the house on the episode of Face Off (he guest starred on the episode) and decided to use it for Insidious ch. 4 

2 hours ago, JonaMar said:

This year will be my first as a scareactor, in the past, I've worked as a maze host and a lead for Route 666. So I haven't done any makeup on myself (at least not yet). The funniest scareactor/guest experience I got was as follows: My friend who was working as a glass mask in the Purge zone Tunnel walked behind a couple who was holding hands. He tapped the man on his shoulder and got him to unlock hands with his girlfriend. My friend took the girl's hand and continued walking for some 20 feet before she realized it wasn't her boyfriend. I've never seen someone jump so high in my life. 

Are you gonna be in a maze or scarezone?

27 minutes ago, MashPotatoes said:

Have you even gotten your email to see if you're casted or not?

No one has, at least not yet. I got my golden ticket all with all my friends when we auditioned. The emails usually roll out two to three weeks before orientation. But being that I'm over 6 feet, and the casting director told me I got a part, I'm fairly certain that I have a part. 

So Titans of Terror as a maze. I don't hate it. I was just telling my friend that I think Freddy or Jason should have a maze of their own because they both have not in years. I'm a Freddy superfan so I will never be bored by his appearances. I'm warming up to Jason.  I'm still hyped about Michael so I'm all for a maze appearance from him (despite the sense of closure from the ending of Hell Comes to Haddonfield). I have to say I really am 100% tired of Leatherface. He's had multiple mazes of his own and by the time I went through Blood Brothers I was not scared whatsoever. Does anyone else feel this way? Anyways, TOT really isn't the worst maze concept, I'd take it over The Mummy or Rings or something.  It's just much to familiar to anyone who has attended HHN in the last six years. I was hoping for the Conjuring replacement to be The Thing, Alice Cooper, Chucky or just any IP that could add a bit of uniqueness to the lineup. 

Just now, dereksdominance said:

So Titans of Terror as a maze. I don't hate it. I was just telling my friend that I think Freddy or Jason should have a maze of their own because they both have not in years. I'm a Freddy superfan so I will never be bored by his appearances. I'm warming up to Jason.  I'm still hyped about Michael so I'm all for a maze appearance from him (despite the sense of closure from the ending of Hell Comes to Haddonfield). I have to say I really am 100% tired of Leatherface. He's had multiple mazes of his own and by the time I went through Blood Brothers I was not scared whatsoever. Does anyone else feel this way? Anyways, TOT really isn't the worst maze concept, I'd take it over The Mummy or Rings or something.  It's just much to familiar to anyone who has attended HHN in the last six years. I was hoping for the Conjuring replacement to be The Thing, Alice Cooper, Chucky or just any IP that could add a bit of uniqueness to the lineup. 

I agree with all of that. To me Leatherface is the scariest but he's had way too many houses compared to Freddy and Jason. Micheal Myers is starting to get overused too but both of his houses have been highly rated so I'm not too disappointed for his return. I'm surprised this maze is gonna be so small though, 88 pages doesn't like enough for the Titans of Terror combined

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, wow said:

I agree with all of that. To me Leatherface is the scariest but he's had way too many houses compared to Freddy and Jason. Micheal Myers is starting to get overused too but both of his houses have been highly rated so I'm not too disappointed for his return. I'm surprised this maze is gonna be so small though, 88 pages doesn't like enough for the Titans of Terror combined

Freddy, Jason, and Leatherface have all actually had the same amount of houses (if you count Freddy vs. Jason for the both of them) they've all had 4, Michael has only had 3 so the other Titans are more overused than him 

4 minutes ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

Freddy, Jason, and Leatherface have all actually had the same amount of houses (if you count Freddy vs. Jason for the both of them) they've all had 4, Michael has only had 3 so the other Titans are more overused than him 

Really? I guess it's because of the distance between Freddy and Jason's mazes vs Leatherface's that made it seem like one had more than the others. Micheal's houses seem to be the highest rated, Freddy's seem to be fan favorites, Jason's seem to be ok, and Leatherface's seem pretty good too. I'm most excited to see the facade, I think it might be the poster that they were using last year for the Titans but in facade form

Edited by wow

HHN is really a numbers game. Everything matters when it comes to placement of the mazes. For example, the maze that had the longest consistent queue wait time was AHS. Throughout the even the queue had to be closed several times per night because more people could not be held. Freddy v Jason had the same problem. My theory is that because they were in the backlot, and people had to walk close to a mile to get to them, they wanted to stay there longer and visit the mazes more than one time, since they wouldn't want to walk route 666 more than once. Those two mazes were by far the most popular last year.

AHS, AVE, and the Shinning will be in the backlot.

Saw will be where Exorcist was last year.

Insidious will be at JP. 

TOT will be upper lot possibly where Halloween was 2015

Conjuring replacement will be at waterworld. 

The space where Krampus was last year will be given to the smallest maze. Waterworld queue will be given to the largest maze. AHS should be second largest. Universal Plaza will be third largest. They will put the least popular IP in the backlot with the two most popular IPs. 

57 minutes ago, wow said:

Really? I guess it's because of the distance between Freddy and Jason's mazes vs Leatherface's that made it seem like one had more than the others. Micheal's houses seem to be the highest rated, Freddy's seem to be fan favorites, Jason's seem to be ok, and Leatherface's seem pretty good too. I'm most excited to see the facade, I think it might be the poster that they were using last year for the Titans but in facade form

For the first two Freddy, Leatherface, and Jason mazes they were actually all together, 2007 and 2008. Michael came in 2009. Then in 2010 Freddy and Jason came back. Leatherface came back in 2012 as a replacement for American werewolf in London. Michael came back in 2015. Then they all came together in 2016 and possibly stuck around for 2017. 

If Titans is truly the maze replacement, I don't think the facade will be the poster. I think John will do something much more original/creative with it. And if it is based off of All Nite Die In then it could be a movie theater of sorts, not exactly a drive in because they don't wanna copy Orlando exactly 

38 minutes ago, JonaMar said:

HHN is really a numbers game. Everything matters when it comes to placement of the mazes. For example, the maze that had the longest consistent queue wait time was AHS. Throughout the even the queue had to be closed several times per night because more people could not be held. Freddy v Jason had the same problem. My theory is that because they were in the backlot, and people had to walk close to a mile to get to them, they wanted to stay there longer and visit the mazes more than one time, since they wouldn't want to walk route 666 more than once. Those two mazes were by far the most popular last year.

AHS, AVE, and the Shinning will be in the backlot.

Saw will be where Exorcist was last year.

Insidious will be at JP. 

TOT will be upper lot possibly where Halloween was 2015

Conjuring replacement will be at waterworld. 

The space where Krampus was last year will be given to the smallest maze. Waterworld queue will be given to the largest maze. AHS should be second largest. Universal Plaza will be third largest. They will put the least popular IP in the backlot with the two most popular IPs. 

Double post... but I believe you are misinformed with venues...

The two mazes we have confirmed now, The Shining and American Horror Story already have confirmed venues. AHS is staying in the same spot. But The Shining is actually the maze by the mummy where The Exorcist was and that is confirmed by John Murdy. 

The Conjuring replacement would be Titans of Terror... so it can't be in Waterworld and in Parisian Courtyard. But john did say the replacement for The Conjuring, Uber Fan, will be located in Waterworld.

Venues:

Waterworld: Titans of Terror

Parisian Courtyard: Blumhouse Mashup

The Mummy: The Shining

Jurassic Park: Insidious ch. 4

Metro Sets (Krampus): Jigsaw

747 (outside): Ash vs. Evil Dead

Behind the City Wall: American Horror Story

20 hours ago, wow said:

Crap I didn't think about the page amount! Hopefully it delivers.

What my source has said to me about recent hhn news is that titans will be waterworld, jp is still insidious, Persian is still blumhouse and saw and ash are still happening but what they didn't know was the terror tram, and if you remember chucky's writer or whatever said that chucky would be there at this years event somehow, could it be the terror tram replacing the titans because they're getting their own maze?? This is all obviously speculation so don't attack me if it isn't true or if I mistook something :) 

3 minutes ago, hhnhart said:

What my source has said to me about recent hhn news is that titans will be waterworld, jp is still insidious, Persian is still blumhouse and saw and ash are still happening but what they didn't know was the terror tram, and if you remember chucky's writer or whatever said that chucky would be there at this years event somehow, could it be the terror tram replacing the titans because they're getting their own maze?? This is all obviously speculation so don't attack me if it isn't true or if I mistook something :) 

That seems very likely. Uber fan connects to the design of the facade, so maybe the facade is something that an Uber fan would love? Maybe the big 4 on each corner the facade . Terror tram, idk I enjoyed last years tram because it was original, I'd love to see more originals, but wouldn't mind chucky. 

So Chris Galindo on the forums confirmed some news:

(1) All Nite Die In will not be a maze, and the Titans are still on the tram

(2) Chucky will not be a Terror Tram, it will actually be a maze. At the moment it is unknown if it will be like Orlando's 09 maze or based off Cult of Chucky. However this is the (speculated) lineup at the moment:

- Chucky; Waterworld Queue

- Blumhouse of Horrors; Parisian Courtyard

- The Walking Dead; TWD Attraction

- Insidious Chapter 4; JP Queue

- The Shining; Mummy Queue *

- Ash vs Evil Dead; 747 Queue

- Jigsaw; Metro Sets

- AHS Roanoke; FDTD Area *

* = Confirmed