HHN 2017 Speculation

If this leaked lineup is true, then my only problem is that The Shining, Insidious and Conjuring are all paranormal mazes, with the Blumhouse maze featuring even more ghosts. Evil Dead 2 is a maze I have wanted for years and it deals with a curse and demons, so that adds a bit of variety. Saw is the gorefest maze that I've been wanting for a while. And the tram would just be all slashers. It seems like there's a bit of balance, but I think Insidious should be replaced by something like The Thing, It or literally anything not in the James Wan style of ghostly creatures. But like may have said, the HHN team may be throwing red herrings out so that we are all truly shocked when the lineup is officially announced.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Arsik_22 said:

Its not a remake, enough with the blasphemy! Lol 

I'm curious why they're holding off on the announcement for Hollywood. If the leaked line up is true, I'm really bummed that we're only getting Roanoke. I think Asylum makes for the best maze material. 

Also, I've been doing weekly HHN videos and would love for any of you guys to check it out and subscribe if you enjoy the content. Thanks in advance! =]

I agree I was hoping we would get asylum this year  aswell but Murdy did state he believes asylum should be its own maze. Id prefer it being its own maze instead of put together with the other seasons the way Orlando is tackling it. Hopefully next year we get an Asylum maze  

• Like 2

What's your do you think will be your favorite maze from the leaked lineup. I'll go with Evil Dead II, Saw (of course) and Blumhouse just for Get Out since most of there movie are just jump-scare fests that do nothing to the story

Hmmm....  AHS is revealed only for Orlando.  Not a peep from Hollywood, yet we all know AHS is returning to Hollywood.  

And more interesting: people are actually wondering why - even after I provided a perfectly logical reason last year.

So let me repeat it:  Hollywood will get AHS, but NOT the Asylum season this year.

West coast haunts of all sizes want to avoid any "snowflake unapproved" themes for the next couple of years.  

I'd bet money that HHN Hollywood will not open the Pandora's Box called Asylum...  

They would just as soon have the public forget that in 2006 the ONLY house they had was called "The Asylum"

HHN Hollywood had sell out nights for the very first time last year.  A controversy from Asylum would only risk that; there is no possible upside for them.

So why not have one house 100% devoted to a single season, and wait until P.C. culture dies the death it so deserves?  

If you were a Universal exec, what would you do?

Win-Win for Universal: Fans get a whole house for one season and Universal avoids offending the SJW crybabies.

People poo-pooed me last year...  Anyone want to bet against me now?

Edited by zombieman
  • Like 3

*Blows off the dust on my account.* Hey everyone! I'm back after a long slumber from the site. I don't think I've posted anything here since last HHN. It's been a while. Thought I would stop by again and post something. 

So yeah, the leaked line-up. Totally knew about this as I'm frequently on USHForums. I'm stoked for the Conjuring, the Shinning, and Evil Dead. Everything else to me is either, "we'll see how it is", to "That AGAIN? Really!?" I'm not really mad about Saw coming back as it's been seven years since we've last had it. I'm just not excited about it either. It better go in the Mummy venue and not the backlot because the Shinning needs as much space as it can get. I'm also not really thrilled abut Insidious coming back for a third time. It was great last year, but c'mon, do something else. 

I'm slightly disappointed with the "Blumhouse of Horrors" concept. It's not really a maze that anybody was super eager to get. If they're going to do a mash-up house, why not with Alfred Hitchcock? Why not the Classic Monsters? I know Murdy is doing this so he can do Sinister and Get Out without having to do full mazes on them, but a Hitchcock or Monster mash up would be far more interesting. I'm sure the facade is going to be as plain and bare bones as our AHS house from last year.

Titans of Terror Tram does sound interesting. Maybe the Terror Tram will finally be amazing again. Last year was pretty good, but not quite amazing. Maybe they'll bring back the sheet maze since I first started going. 

Overall, I think this year will probably be really good despite the fact that I don't agree with all of the choices. 

12 minutes ago, zombieman said:

Anyone else find it interesting that AHS was not announced for both coasts?  I mean, we all know AHS will come to Hollywood, so why not a tandem announcement?

I think the reason behind that backs up what I speculated last year - that Hollywood will get AHS, but NOT the Asylum season this year.

West coast haunts of all sizes want to avoid any "snowflake unapproved" themes for the next couple of years.  

I'd bet money that HHN Hollywood will not open that Pandora's Box. 

People poo-pooed me last year...  Anyone want to bet against me now?

Eh…..that could be the case. I feel like budget may be more of an issue. If HHN was too sensitive to "snowflake unapproved" haunts, I feel like they wouldn't do the Exorcist being that it has heavily religious themes. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Freak said:

Eh…..that could be the case. I feel like budget may be more of an issue. If HHN was too sensitive to "snowflake unapproved" haunts, I feel like they wouldn't do the Exorcist being that it has heavily religious themes. 

Exorcist was already up and running before the shit hit the fan.

The sadly misguided and misinformed Ron Thomas and the organization he has sided with went against the easiest target - The FearVR attraction at Knott's.  The media obediently reprinted the lies regarding what was in the attraction - based on things Ron "heard about" but never saw for himself.  Knott's backed down, and this emboldened the offense, who LATER said if they had their way, Universal wouldn't do half the houses they do, and movies that contained those themes would be removed from society (find the John and Ken interview with Ron to hear it for yourself).

Essentially, this small group threw down the gauntlet at the foot of Universal last year.  They won a huge victory for their side, and got national exposure.  You seriously think that Universal Hollywood - who banned B&T show after ONE person was offended, banned the Purge auctioneer, then neutered the whole "ringmaster" role altogether - would suddenly grow a set of balls and stand up for Asylum?  Not unless the AHS contract called for AHS production company to foot the legal bills...

I'll go one further and make another prediction - this year or next, the go-go dancers at Universal will be the new target.  Because "rape culture".  Or something.  Get them while they're hot, so to speak, because they will be gone soon enough.

Edited by zombieman
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, zombieman said:

Exorcist was already up and running before the shit hit the fan.

The sadly misguided and misinformed Ron Thomas and the organization he has sided with went against the easiest target - The FearVR attraction at Knott's.  The media obediently reprinted the lies regarding what was in the attraction - based on things Ron "heard about" but never saw for himself.  Knott's backed down, and this emboldened the offense, who LATER said if they had their way, Universal wouldn't do half the houses they do, and movies that contained those themes would be removed from society (find the John and Ken interview with Ron to hear it for yourself).

Essentially, this small group threw down the gauntlet at the foot of Universal last year.  They won a huge victory for their side, and got national exposure.  You seriously think that Universal Hollywood - who banned B&T show after ONE person was offended, banned the Purge auctioneer, then neutered the whole "ringmaster" role altogether - would suddenly grow a set of balls and stand up for Asylum?  Not unless the AHS contract called for AHS production company to foot the legal bills...

I'll go one further and make another prediction - this year or next, the go-go dancers at Universal will be the new target.  Because "rape culture".  Or something.  Get them while they're hot, so to speak, because they will be gone soon enough.

Tbh I wouldn't really mind if the go-go dancers disappeared. They seem a bit out of place to me. I don't actively want them to leave, I just wouldn't really care if they did.

Isn't it funny how nobody blinks an eye with victims being literally sliced in half and corpses galore in many mazes and throughout the park, yet the moment something is religious, sexual, or just plain funny people start a riot? I've always thought of HHN as a controversial event and would love to keep it that way.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, dereksdominance said:

Isn't it funny how nobody blinks an eye with victims being literally sliced in half and corpses galore in many mazes and throughout the park, yet the moment something is religious, sexual, or just plain funny people start a riot? I've always thought of HHN as a controversial event and would love to keep it that way.

People are so ignorant.

• Like 4

On 4/4/2017 at 10:08 PM, dereksdominance said:

Don't give them any ideas, or they'll tackle that next! :(

I remember after 9/11 at KSF, they got rid of the imagery of skulls on the maps. SKULLS. ON A MAP!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DTH316 said:

Don't give them any ideas, or they'll tackle that next! :(

I remember after 9/11 at KSF, they got rid of the imagery of skulls on the maps. SKULLS. ON A MAP!

Man, I mean I understand after 9/11 because that was a tragedy, but it is still a haunted event. I can't see HHN being a politically correct haunt. I just can't. Everyone should know what they're in for, and a majority of us are walking around with horror t shirts and just seem like the type of people that are here for an edgy and fun time. But every year there's people that clearly should be at Mickey's Not So Scary at Disneyland instead. It just pisses me off because it's all tradition, the corpses, the go go dancers, the "auctioneer" scareactor, they've all been here for years and taking them away because of a few offended guests just is not fair. There are warnings galore both at the event entrance and online.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, dereksdominance said:

Man, I mean I understand after 9/11 because that was a tragedy, but it is still a haunted event. I can't see HHN being a politically correct haunt. I just can't. Everyone should know what they're in for, and a majority of us are walking around with horror t shirts and just seem like the type of people that are here for an edgy and fun time. But every year there's people that clearly should be at Mickey's Not So Scary at Disneyland instead. It just pisses me off because it's all tradition, the corpses, the go go dancers, the "auctioneer" scareactor, they've all been here for years and taking them away because of a few offended guests just is not fair. There are warnings galore both at the event entrance and online.

It really sucks how many haunts are p.c.ing there haunts. Soon there will be no actors or mazes and it will all be replaced with minions.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, StraightEdge said:

If we just get the latest season of AHS, that's so wack. Why wouldn't we get season 2 or 3? Why?

I couldn't have made it clearer.  Read a couple of pages back.  Asylum ain't happening this year.  Probably not next year.

9 hours ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Well it looks like final stuff for the houses are being made and they are going right on to doing the Terror Tram and scarezones. Any guesses??? Hopefully we might hear more soon from Murdy. 

I think he's hinting we need to talk to TwoTonTick.

3 hours ago, zombieman said:

I couldn't have made it clearer.  Read a couple of pages back.  Asylum ain't happening this year.  Probably not next year.

I think he's hinting we need to talk to TwoTonTick.

If it doesn't happen Hollywood that really sucks because its random how we got three parts worth of mazes in one and you guys only get one, there has to be something going on behind the scenes behind his explanation for it. 

• Like 1