HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

2 hours ago, Tich0las said:

I'm incredibly excited for The Shining. This is going to be my first year auditioning, and I'm going to be gunning hard for a Jack role.  One of my all time favorite films by one of my all time favorite directors. 

I don't want to be a bearer of bad tidings, but having watched the video and read the blog, I'm wondering if the Torrances will be making an appearance in the house. 

The previously leaked blurb specifically mentioned Jack and Danny Torrance. The blog released today doesn't mention them. I have to wonder why. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

I don't want to be a bearer of bad tidings, but having watched the video and read the blog, I'm wondering if the Torrances will be making an appearance in the house. 

The previously leaked blurb specifically mentioned Jack and Danny Torrance. The blog released today doesn't mention them. I have to wonder why. 

The YouTube video description still mentions them specifically. So it's interesting....

1 hour ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

The YouTube video description still mentions them specifically. So it's interesting....

Everything we see in the video and read in the blog are movie only imagery. The Grady twins, the elevator, the hedge maze, and room 237 are all movie only imagery. 

We never see Jack, Wendy, or Danny. There's also the "TWD issue". We didn't have the show characters from TWD because of rights issues regarding the actors. Do Nicholson and Duval own their images?  It's not like with Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, and Myers. The image of the actor is obscured with those characters. 

It's going to be interesting to see how they approach this. The blog states that we will have "the shining" and The Overlook is the antagonist. 

I think further speculations about it should probably occur in its thread. I'll respond there to any future spec. 

1 hour ago, mz_ said:

Just in case you missed it!

Also, with all the rumors and speculation.. we posted this.

http://www.horrornightnightmares.com/2017/05/who-is-cindy-caine/

After reading this, I would love to see Cindy incorporated somehow with Dollhouse of the Damned, or Cindy with her doll....

But now that I think about it, i wonder if she is prone to aging like Jack in 2015.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, mz_ said:

Just in case you missed it!

Also, with all the rumors and speculation.. we posted this.

http://www.horrornightnightmares.com/2017/05/who-is-cindy-caine/

So excited AoV is most likely coming back!! They put on an incredible show last year. Bill and Ted has been pretty bad the past two years so having AoV last year really helped!

• Like 2

Aw, I love me some B&T, especially the 2015 show :).  I liked AoV too, more than I thought I would for a dance show.  Its especially well suited for the streetside stage.  Do we think they'll end up being a yearly gig like the jabbawockees in hollywood?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BloodyMaryX3 said:

I'm praying that Cindy becomes the Icon of this year.  We need a year where Eddie makes his appearance as well.  I'll be happy when we get the Lost Icons of HHN.  

I don't want Eddie until we can get a new house location that works for real chainsaws.

On 5/20/2017 at 9:12 PM, Grits0808 said:

After reading this, I would love to see Cindy incorporated somehow with Dollhouse of the Damned, or Cindy with her doll....

But now that I think about it, i wonder if she is prone to aging like Jack in 2015.

Jack ages, but very slowly, wolverine style right?

Also, has anyone who has seen Alien Covenant (without spoiling) say whether it would work well as a house. I know Universal works well with Fox in the past, and even if the movie isn't as good as Alien or Aliens, while we wait for them to come eventually I would love to see the xenomorphs back. If Covenant is anything like Prometheus, the sets for the Engineer stuff would be amazing.

45 minutes ago, Jediwhit82 said:

Also, has anyone who has seen Alien Covenant (without spoiling) say whether it would work well as a house. I know Universal works well with Fox in the past, and even if the movie isn't as good as Alien or Aliens, while we wait for them to come eventually I would love to see the xenomorphs back. If Covenant is anything like Prometheus, the sets for the Engineer stuff would be amazing.

I mean... it could, or at least some moments could. But I think a house based on any of the other Alien films would honestly work better (and that includes Resurrection. I'm NOT saying Covenant is bad or as bad as A:R BUT it's just that A:R with it's setting, moments, and pure # of xenos would make for a better house.) 

*shrug*

• Like 1

9 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

I think Eddie sucks as a character.

I like don't mind Eddie in small, small doses (Like his brief appearance at in Icons a few years ago for one weekend.) but I don't want him to ever be the main Icon. He's not all that intriguing as a character. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

I don't want Eddie until we can get a new house location that works for real chainsaws.

Jack ages, but very slowly, wolverine style right?

Cindy in Dollhouse of the Damned that would be awesome!  I don't know how Cindy can age if she's already a dead girl.  I agree with your statement about Eddie.  I hope we get our Lost Icons that should've happened.  I saw Alien Covenant and it was good, I don't know how it would work as a house.  

On 5/21/2017 at 9:23 PM, criticalanalysis said:

Awful that AoV is coming back. Getting a bad tone for this year. 

* Lack of marketing

* Awful AoV is coming back

* "Expected" IPs with no surprises

It's like all these folks do now is churn above average butter day in and day out.

First off, I agree about the marketing. I think it could be a lot better. Hopefully, they'll up their ante after Volcano opens.

Secondly, AoV is not awful. It was an amazing show, much better than the stagnant B&T we've been getting the past few years, although 25's show was damn good. 26's B&T was just atrocious.

Thirdly, I am excited for these IP's, some are new, so yes, there are surprises, at least for me.

A&D are doing a damn good job with the event so far. Don't knock it until it's here. :)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, littlegreenghouls said:

I feel like we are going to get another year of dancing shows or whatever sells more.
 I wish it more interactive. I didn't watch AoV last year.
 I do feel that we are going to experience a lot of censorship despite being 13 years and up. 

I know what you mean about the lack of interactiveness.  I would love it if Orlando would add Chucky's Insult Emporium.  Its hilarious and a chance for people to engage with the event rather than just observe.  It definitely wouldn't make it past any censorship though haha

29 minutes ago, UsherBscary said:

I know what you mean about the lack of interactiveness.  I would love it if Orlando would add Chucky's Insult Emporium.  Its hilarious and a chance for people to engage with the event rather than just observe.  It definitely wouldn't make it past any censorship though haha

I still maintain that a "Very Special HHN Horror Make-up Show" would be AWESOME.  It's one of my fave things at Uni, and I still laugh every time.  They have writers who could craft a more mature version of that, heavy on the sarcasm, some actual special effects behind-the-scenes, and it would flow so nicely with the event.  It's one of my dream shows for HHN

• Like 5