HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

14 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

My guess is Catacombs 2.

I'd agree if it weren't for the fact that clapboard churches aren't really found in France. If Catacombs 2 is happening, then I can only assume it would still take place in France. 

Maybe that's why my brain is so focused on it. The little bit of the design that's been seen doesn't fit with the Catacombs rumors.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

I do try to keep an open mind and to be honest, I could care less if it is an ip or an original. If I can walk through the house and be impressed with how elaborate the sets are and if the timing and variation of the scares are executed properly I won't complain. The best ever example of this (for me) was the Halloween house. How could any fan of the movie go through that house and not be blown away? It was the type of thing Universal should always strive for. They brought the movie to life in essence. 

Do you have faith that The Shining will be pulled off properly? For instance, one of the most iconic scenes, the blood pouring out of the elevator... I'm really scared at what they're going to do to pull it off. I don't want to see a great movie used just for the sake of using it and then getting cheesy effects. 

I have been waiting for a king property at HHN since I started going in 2005.  I realize they are promoting this as Kubrick's Shining, but the story is still King's.  I HAVE to have faith that they will make this another epic passion-project house.  I know they've been trying for years to get King involved, so I can't see them not putting every bit of effort into this.

42 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Well if more specific rumors are true, what other original fits with churches and may take place in a similar area to Catacombs?

Again, the architectural style wouldn't be suited for Gothic. 

A clapboard church is more American, specifically Southern/Midwest. 

I suppose a stone texturing could be added to the facade. We only saw the bare wood and none of the scenic aspects. 

1 minute ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Again, the architectural style wouldn't be suited for Gothic. 

A clapboard church is more American, specifically Southern/Midwest. 

I suppose a stone texturing could be added to the facade. We only saw the bare wood and none of the scenic aspects. 

Just saying the rumors. Not supporting them.

Oh god I need to fix this...

1. Insidous is actually being shared with Orlando. Yeah I'm sorry I was wrong. I didn't actually mean to post it but since I'm a Carny I thought I would let it drag so if you curious about our shared properties it's...

- AHS

- Shining 

- Conjuring

- Insidious 

- Saw 

- Evil Dead

2. The Property that's possibly being cut is The Conjuring and the Property possibly replacing it is TWD for Orlando. Hollywood will have a Different IP.

So as for Codenames (Custom Made Codenames from Inside Universal Forums for the Lineup)

AHS 

Shining 

Purged = Conjuring/TWD

Returning = Saw

Exclusivity = Insidous (Will be Shared With Hollywood but he Codenamed it after a mess up on my part)

Misnomer = Ash Vs Evil Dead (Using Only Evil Dead and the Sequel due to promotional as a false name hence the Codename)

Crossover = Catacombs and Gothic 

Bloody = Icon Maze

Plain = Scarecrow Maze

3. So yeah Nathaniel Crow is not the Icon for the HHN27. When I say Scarecrow Maze I'm taking a Guess as I know 8 of the 9 Mazes and I don't know the final Original Maze which I'm taking a Guess. That's not to say Nathaniel Crow isn't coming but he won't be the Main Icon. 

4. The Actually Icon for HHN27 is someone I won't say but it's a Good Choice. Your hint is that the mix they doing with Icon is inspired by a Commericial after 2000. 

Good Hunting!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HHNManics said:

Oh god I need to fix this...

1. Insidous is actually being shared with Orlando. Yeah I'm sorry I was wrong. I didn't actually mean to post it but since I'm a Carny I thought I would let it drag so if you curious about our shared properties it's...

- AHS

- Shining 

- Conjuring

- Insidious 

- Saw 

- Evil Dead

2. The Property that's possibly being cut is The Conjuring and the Property possibly replacing it is TWD for Orlando. Hollywood will have a Different IP.

So as for Codenames (Custom Made Codenames from Inside Universal Forums for the Lineup)

AHS 

Shining 

Purged = Conjuring/TWD

Returning = Saw

Exclusivity = Insidous (Will be Shared With Hollywood but he Codenamed it after a mess up on my part)

Misnomer = Ash Vs Evil Dead (Using Only Evil Dead and the Sequel due to promotional as a false name hence the Codename

So you mean to tell me that not only were we getting 6 ips, but that all 6 originally were being shared with Hollywood. Maybe it's just me, but that seems a bit unbelievable. 

Also... If they actually swap the Conjuring for TWD and people get wind of this debacle many are going to be seriously displeased. It's almost funny to me just how ridiculous that would actually be considering how many people wanted the Conjuring and how people are ready to storm Universal with pitchforks if they brought TWD back again.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

Because it is not. The ONLY reason I go and spend just a ticket to get in is because I don't want to miss a year since I've been going to since HHN 14. No more money on drinks/food, no more on memorabilia, no more on extra tours, I don't speak highly of it to friends, nothing. 

Yet here you are. I've grown to hate the television show Arrow. You know what I did as soon as I realized I no longer enjoyed it? Unsubscribed from the Reddit page dedicated to Arrow.

9 hours ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

I thought that all the houses were fairly decent last year except maybe Chance's (3d bologna). I only started attending since HHN 20, so I missed out on those teen years. I can't imagine that the houses were that much better back in the day with a smaller budget. However, I'd imagine that the scare zones were probably way better since there was no parade and a lot less people. What I don't like is how much the price has steadily increased each year for the same quality or less in some instances. The people paying full price for one night without express and no stay and scream are definitely getting hosed.

The Exorcist felt like Hot Topic??? IT'S THE POWER OF CHRIST!

I've been going since 2007, and I don't feel as though houses were particularly better than any house we have now. People are simply nostalgic and remembering them to be grander that they actually were. OR they are the "nanny boo-boo" type that only talk about the good ol' days because they are gone and know a lot of people will never get a chance to see them. I had a friend when living in Orlando that always talked about how Disneyland was SOOOO much better than Disney World. Disney World was stupid and should be put out of its misery because of how inferior it was. Disneyland, now THAT was what Disney World should be. But... after the first time I got to go to Disneyland... "You should see DisneySea. It makes Disneyland look like crap. I don't even enjoy Disneyland anymore."

These people are one in the same.

9 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

And yet, you're still here.  Do you also sit on your front porch and yell at kids to get off your lawn?

I pictured it more as yelling up from his parent's basement.

8 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

Literal attention whore. Completely vague tweets. Can't be bothered with that garbage. Thanks for sharing, though.

Finally, we agree on something.

The Name for the HHN27 Icon Maze is...

DARK FORTUNES

And the Icon is 

CINDY

The twist is from the 2007 Commericial where a Man enters a tent to learn of his Fortune. Now Cindy has grown up and became a Fortune Teller.

14 minutes ago, HHNManics said:

The Name for the HHN27 Icon Maze is...

DARK FORTUNES

And the Icon is 

CINDY

The twist is from the 2007 Commericial where a Man enters a tent to learn of his Fortune. Now Cindy has grown up and became a Fortune Teller.

That's....interesting.

I defended your Hollywood list but I'm shakier on this. That's one thing. The name of an original and naming an icon, which has been shaky this year, is another.

You're right, you have some godly sources.

You're wrong or you backpedal, this is a credibility killer.

1 minute ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

That's....interesting.

I defended your Hollywood list but I'm shakier on this. That's one thing. The name of an original and naming an icon, which has been shaky this year, is another.

You're right, you have some godly sources.

You're wrong or you backpedal, this is a credibility killer.

It's a Different source. The Presentation is a Fortune Teller but the Icon is described as looking exactly like a Adult Cindy.

Wouldn't Insidious and the Conjuring be pretty redundant? They are very similar in a lot of ways. My wife and I sometimes have a hard time remembering which scenes were from the Insidious films and which were in the Conjuring films. Is it just us that thinks they are too similar for the same HHN year?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HHNManics said:

It's a Different source. The Presentation is a Fortune Teller but the Icon is described as looking exactly like a Adult Cindy.

I'll hope, because it's a decent idea and for your credibility and whatever source you have's credibility, it is true.

• Like 1

Well the final Original Maze is unknown but we're looking at

- AHS 

- Shining 

- TWD (Used to be Conjuring)

- Insidous 

- Saw

- Evil Dead

- Catacombs and Gothic Crossover

- Dark Fortunes 

- Original Maze

Edited by HHNManics
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, HHNManics said:

Well the final Original Maze is unknown but we're looking at

- AHS 

- Shining 

- TWD (Used to be Conjuring)

- Insidous 

- Saw

- Evil Dead

- Catacombs and Gothic Crossover

- Dark Fortunes 

- Original Maze

Do you nkow if Insidious / Saw are based off of specific movies?

Dark Fortunes sounds like total dog shit.

What about scare zones, any idea?