HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

2 hours ago, mz_ said:

Oh the days when we all had to wait till one late night at the end of August to find out everything.. no one ever complained then, and was actuality more exciting! 

And get off my lawn!

Only started going about halfway through the event's history...but old enough to say that :)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Oysterhead00 said:

• They didn't add Fantastic Beast stuff to Harry Potter Land (I'm assuming that's true, haven't watched the movies).

Yet. You forgot the word yet. Phase 3. Phase 3 will happen, and Mike already hinted at an announcement coming soon in the Holidays announcement.

Other than that, I agree a year round haunt is unlikely. My reasoning is just different than others. It's just not a priority right now at UO. 

On May 2, 2017 at 11:46 PM, mystiquephreeq said:

I'm not sure King signed off on the haunt. His name is very obviously missing from that blurb. It wasn't Stephen King's The Shining, it was Stanley Kubrick's The Shining. King is also not listed in the copyrights. Which begs the question, "Did someone really screw up by leaking this?"

You see, King still owns rights to The Shining. The Minnesota Opera had to get his permission to do an Opera Version of The Shining. (That's the MN connection btw). The issue will be how a haunt is treated rights wise. Is it theatrical rights? Film rights? What will be at issue? 

Uni may not be able to reference King at all. King (if he was not consulted) may have an ability to prevent the house. They may be unable to connect his name to the event. It's an interesting puzzle.

With a week having gone by since the leak without an announcement occurring, I feel compelled to quote this. 

Since the the announcement was found on UK travel, and ticket prices have been announced on UK Travel sites without an announcement, I have to worry that I may have been close to the mark. 

You see, a week can cause fluctuations in international flight costs. Marketing wise, not announcing by now isn't a wise decision. 

Mike Aiello tweeted this morning a inspiring video about 

enjoying your day, but also mentioned he was really liking

this band Dead Man Bones(Ryan Gosling) Music was used in the conjuring.

Could this be a subtle hint, Inquiring minds want to know.

• Like 4

I could see two in the parade building as a potential solution to some of the space issues. 

I do question how tight it will be to fit them in there though. I know the houses in there the last two years were pretty spacious (Walking Dead and Halloween 2). Maybe they learned a few things from Tomb last year, and they can fit two claustrophobic type houses in one area.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

Let me go on record as saying that it's shitty for Uni to tease that we would be getting info "soon" - and then let another 4 days go by with silence.  I mean, why even bother sending anything then?  

Its definitely quite crappy. I'm sure Aiello and company isn't too happy since he doesn't have control over this stuff.

On a more speculative topic, apparently a "original crossover" house featuring Catacombs with another original has been rumored.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Its definitely quite crappy. I'm sure Aiello and company isn't too happy since he doesn't have control over this stuff.

On a more speculative topic, apparently a "original crossover" house featuring Catacombs with another original has been rumored.

Well, at least that's interesting.  <sigh>  I don't have patience for this. There is so much garbage going on in this country right now that a little HHN news would certainly brighten things up.  I realize I might sound crabby, but wth?

3 hours ago, StupidStupidDan said:

I could see two in the parade building as a potential solution to some of the space issues. 

I do question how tight it will be to fit them in there though. I know the houses in there the last two years were pretty spacious (Walking Dead and Halloween 2). Maybe they learned a few things from Tomb last year, and they can fit two claustrophobic type houses in one area.

I hope your right about two claustrophobic houses! Tomb was one of my favorites last year for that reason alone. Most houses after a few times through I have the path figured out and know where most (if not all) the actors are. With Tomb, I never could figure it out and I loved it for that!

8 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

I really did love Catacombs, and can't wait what they would tie it up with if its true, I always wondered if they would ever bring back Deadtropolis, it came from 2004 the same year with Ghost Town, the last time Deadtropolis was brought back was for a scarezone at HHN 16, it was pretty cool, I do hope to see it return some time down the line. 

5 hours ago, StupidStupidDan said:

The current house space is only using 1/3 to 1/2 of the actual warehouse space. 

Since I wade through its permits daily, B79B aka Parade Warehouse 2.0 is either complete or will be complete soon. There will be plenty of space for two houses. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

The current house space is only using 1/3 to 1/2 of the actual warehouse space. 

Since I wade through its permits daily, B79B aka Parade Warehouse 2.0 is either complete or will be complete soon. There will be plenty of space for two houses. 

So if we are getting 2 houses in B79, I'm wondering what the tradeoff is. Are we confirmed for 9 houses or could it be stretching to 10 (not including any VR possibilities?)

34 minutes ago, Alice said:

So if we are getting 2 houses in B79, I'm wondering what the tradeoff is. Are we confirmed for 9 houses or could it be stretching to 10 (not including any VR possibilities?)

That's the question. 

If both permits remain active, why are there two separate permits for B79?

Clerical error? This isn't a stretch. When I use the word wade, it's not hyperbole. The permits for B79B (new parade building) are duplicated multiple times under multiple addresses. One electrical permit can appears 50 times on the permits site for this new warehouse. It's why I initially thought I was dealing with duplicates when I found the permits. It wasn't until I verified two separate permit numbers three times before I realized the potential. 

Dual run? Maybe. OPs hates dual run houses though. 

10 houses? Maybe. Hard to say. Rumors have been slow to come this year. 

Loss ad of a venue? Maybe. The UOAP FB group recently had a post regarding the fact that the second Shrek theater was operational. 

I'm not sure what this new development means. I only know it's the first time B79 has had two permits. 

4 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

That's the question. 

If both permits remain active, why are there two separate permits for B79?

Clerical error? This isn't a stretch. When I use the word wade, it's not hyperbole. The permits for B79B (new parade building) are duplicated multiple times under multiple addresses. One electrical permit can appears 50 times on the permits site for this new warehouse. It's why I initially thought I was dealing with duplicates when I found the permits. It wasn't until I verified two separate permit numbers three times before I realized the potential. 

Dual run? Maybe. OPs hates dual run houses though. 

10 houses? Maybe. Hard to say. Rumors have been slow to come this year. 

Loss ad of a venue? Maybe. The UOAP FB group recently had a post regarding the fact that the second Shrek theater was operational. 

I'm not sure what this new development means. I only know it's the first time B79 has had two permits. 

If I had to guess, we are getting 10 houses. More houses means more overall capacity. Plus, more houses than ever is a great marketing tool. 

I can't see them doing away with Shrek. It simply works to well as a house location. I do think they need to rethink the entrance though. The first year was awful. Last year's worked better. However I think if they used the normal Shrek entrance for the house, they will make it harder for people to pick which house to go into right when they enter the park considering two house entrances will be right across the street from each other. If AHS is going in the same location, putting another big name house in Shrek will help divide the crowds up a little better.

IDK where to find info on this, so feel free to move if in the wrong place, but does anyone know how much of a discount preferred annual pass gets on FFP? I remember last year the FFP post-tax being about $4 cheaper than the advertised price pre-tax. Hopefully they don't increase the price by another $8 this year like they have the last two years, given that it was only about a $2 increase each year prior. Thanks.