HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

7 hours ago, WannabeIcon said:

So Mike on twitter just mentioned about not being on NY time, and a NY set....with a pic of the cover art of the 1980 movie inferno?

Can we gather anything from this??  I'm not coming up with anything, but just putting it out there if anyone else can draw a connection?

Mike was retweeting something a friend of his said - his friend had arrived in NY and due to jet lag couldn't get to sleep and watched a favorite horror film set in NY. Mike just retweeted it and said "Wonderful". He approved of the film choice and it likely has nothing at all to do with HHN.

Inferno is a Dario Argento film that has some scenes in Rome, but mostly takes place in NY. It is his follow up to Suspiria and is the second film in the Three Mothers trilogy. The first two films are true classics and are quite wonderful.

But it took Argento over a two decades to finally make part three: The Mother of Tears which was quite frankly a huge disappointment.

Nevertheless a house based on either Suspiria or Inferno would be quite amazing, but I fear those cult films are just not well known enough by the general public for him to ever get approval. A long shot at best.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dr. Jimmy said:

Nevertheless a house based on either Suspiria or Inferno would be quite amazing, but I fear those cult films are just not well known enough by the general public for him to ever get approval. A long shot at best.

Well...there is an American Susperia remake in production (gross, I know).

So, probably not this year, but who knows in the future?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Jimmy said:

Mike was retweeting something a friend of his said - his friend had arrived in NY and due to jet lag couldn't get to sleep and watched a favorite horror film set in NY. Mike just retweeted it and said "Wonderful". He approved of the film choice and it likely has nothing at all to do with HHN.

Inferno is a Dario Argento film that has some scenes in Rome, but mostly takes place in NY. It is his follow up to Suspiria and is the second film in the Three Mothers trilogy. The first two films are true classics and are quite wonderful.

But it took Argento over a two decades to finally make part three: The Mother of Tears which was quite frankly a huge disappointment.

I'd love a house based on the Argento version of Phantom of the Opera. Just the film itself is bad enough to be scary...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr. Jimmy said:

Suspiria would make one hell of a 3D maze with Argento's bright, saturated color scheme

• Like 1

8 hours ago, horror lover said:

Suspiria would make one hell of a 3D maze with Argento's bright, saturated color scheme

Never doubt it coming in the future, I could see the future could happen ips from George A. Romero, Lucio Fulci possibly and Dario Argento along with other cult horror films, its never enough for HHN, even though it seems like there aren't enough properties for them to tackle, it would lead to them starting to get impossible properties to bring to the event in both coasts. So never say never. :) 

Is it just me or is speculation feeling a little Dead this year? Have their been any consistent rumors? I briefly browsed through the thread and found Saw, The Mummy, Conjuring/Insidious, and the Shining pop up on multiple occasions, but has there been any real talk?

Here is my list that I would like to see in 2017. 

1. insidious 4 or Saw
 2. A creature horror comedy house.
 3. no conjuring. 
 4. anything original houses. 
  5. streets that aren't like Vamp 55 or gang of new York.
    I just want better streets with solid sets. Not rocks or bushes.. or floats.

In somewhat relation to this year, James Keaton revealed on his Twitter that there's soon going to be Jack busts that'll be sold at USF's Prop Store, and that it'll apparently be the start of more Icon merch to come.

https://twitter.com/Mrfurious32821/status/854457372173103105/photo/1

C9ukcnbXUAAEMQQ.jpg

Really hoping that we'll get a Caretaker bust.

Edited by Blizzard
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Blizzard said:

In somewhat relation to this year, James Keaton revealed on his Twitter that there's soon going to be Jack busts that'll be sold at USF's Prop Store, and that it'll apparently be the start of more Icon merch to come.

https://twitter.com/Mrfurious32821/status/854457372173103105/photo/1

C9ukcnbXUAAEMQQ.jpg

Really hoping that we'll get a Caretaker bust.

Ok, that's awesome!  Although.. I may need to add on to my house.  Jeez.

1 hour ago, Chef said:

Is it just me or is speculation feeling a little Dead this year? Have their been any consistent rumors? I briefly browsed through the thread and found Saw, The Mummy, Conjuring/Insidious, and the Shining pop up on multiple occasions, but has there been any real talk?

It's not just you - I feel the same.  I check in here about twice a day to see if anyone is talking or anything happening.  It's mostly just wish lists still.  I doubt we will see another Insidious though because the news just came out that they pushed the movie to a 2018 release.  Granted, I'm sure the IPs have already been chosen, so I would hope that one wasn't actually on the list.  Honestly, I am still trying to figure out where all the unusually intense King rumors are coming from. I know every year, many of us WISH for him, but this year seems much more focused.  

35 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

Honestly, I am still trying to figure out where all the unusually intense King rumors are coming from. I know every year, many of us WISH for him, but this year seems much more focused.  

It's just because of that one "checkmate" tweet. Other than that, nothing else to report.

4 hours ago, Chef said:

No, I totally agree! Last year there was a lot more talk and an awful lot more speculation. I'm disappointed this year. Although flights, tickets and RIP tours booked! So maybe I'm just a little eager!

13 minutes ago, Jessicaann101 said:

No, I totally agree! Last year there was a lot more talk and an awful lot more speculation. I'm disappointed this year. Although flights, tickets and RIP tours booked! So maybe I'm just a little eager!

I feel its just because they are trying to prevent leaks going out and just waiting for the right time to release certain things, I mean they are still working on the mazes at this time, so we might not hear something till maybe May or June because those are usual months would come out too, March we got AHS, so they are just letting that sink into peoples' minds right now because that's the new Walking Dead coming to the event, Walking Dead was retired last year and replaced with it, so now its time for the next house to probably be released at the same time that Hollywood completes it. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

I feel its just because they are trying to prevent leaks going out and just waiting for the right time to release certain things, I mean they are still working on the mazes at this time, so we might not hear something till maybe May or June because those are usual months would come out too, March we got AHS, so they are just letting that sink into peoples' minds right now because that's the new Walking Dead coming to the event, Walking Dead was retired last year and replaced with it, so now its time for the next house to probably be released at the same time that Hollywood completes it. 

I would've expected another announcement by now, actually.  If you go back up to where I posted the announcement dates, you'll see we received TWO last April.  Since they announced the first house even earlier this year (March), I would've thought a second one would've happened already.  We have just over a week left of April - and less than 150 days until opening night. I know.. that probably seems ridiculous to some people - counting down like that - but recent history shows information coming earlier and earlier.  So, bring it on!  Give us stuff to talk about!  Send out some hints if you don't want to reveal yet.  I've tried baiting Aiello on Twitter. He's not biting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hunnylvr said:

I would've expected another announcement by now, actually.  If you go back up to where I posted the announcement dates, you'll see we received TWO last April.  Since they announced the first house even earlier this year (March), I would've thought a second one would've happened already.  We have just over a week left of April - and less than 150 days until opening night. I know.. that probably seems ridiculous to some people - counting down like that - but recent history shows information coming earlier and earlier.  So, bring it on!  Give us stuff to talk about!  Send out some hints if you don't want to reveal yet.  I've tried baiting Aiello on Twitter. He's not biting.

Aiello wouldn't so much be the guy though, its always Patrick, Patrick was the one who threw out the first two codenames, Mike is presenting yes but Patrick is the one that is leading the team for the houses, and no worries lol, I've been counting down the days as well, 146 days till HHN 27 to be exact now XD but anyways, if we get something soon, it might have to deal with the codename Brains, now everyone thinks it could be the icon, who knows, I mean we'll probably get the icon announcement in June like we did with Chance I believe, its hard to remember with so much stuff going on. Then again, the codename Brains could be an original maze, last year we got Cobweb and that led to it being Tombs of the Ancient last year, so Brains couldn't be an ip but an original maze, the only things that come to mind is Dead Exposure, then again probably it won't come back this year, but Brains might mean a certain past house could potentially be returning this year, another house is Catacombs from HHN XX, everyone is speculating if that is coming back but again who knows. Hopefully we'll get more clues from Mike and Patrick soon. Keep your fingers crossed because they might randomly throw out an announcement like they did with AHS, so keep your eyes wide open lol 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

I mean we'll probably get the icon announcement in June like we did with Chance I believe, its hard to remember with so much stuff going on.

Chance was teased on June 8th, and officially revealed on June 9th. 

Soooo...still a little over a month before we're "late" compared to last year.

Edited by StupidStupidDan
spelling

2 minutes ago, StupidStupidDan said:

Chance was teased on June 8th, and officially revealed on June 9th. 

Soooo...still a little over a month before we're "late" compared to last year.

So if not June then perhaps in late may if not early May, it also depends what Hollywood is doing since Hollywood is sharing some of the properties, this year they aren't sharing the concept of AHS, since we Asylum, Coven and Roanoke, they only have Roanoke apart of their year which personally to me seems unfair that Hollywood would do that but there must be some explanation, about the icon, possibly in May? I mean that's as earliest they could get unless they go closer to the event and reveal the icon before, its kinda wonky how they are gonna reveal stuff this year but with 34 nights under their belt, I would not doubt that team is kind of scrambling around to get things prepared behind the scenes for the event, so hopefully we get more information soon. 

19 hours ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

Aiello wouldn't so much be the guy though, its always Patrick, Patrick was the one who threw out the first two codenames, Mike is presenting yes but Patrick is the one that is leading the team for the houses, and no worries lol, I've been counting down the days as well, 146 days till HHN 27 to be exact now XD but anyways, if we get something soon, it might have to deal with the codename Brains, now everyone thinks it could be the icon, who knows, I mean we'll probably get the icon announcement in June like we did with Chance I believe, its hard to remember with so much stuff going on. Then again, the codename Brains could be an original maze, last year we got Cobweb and that led to it being Tombs of the Ancient last year, so Brains couldn't be an ip but an original maze, the only things that come to mind is Dead Exposure, then again probably it won't come back this year, but Brains might mean a certain past house could potentially be returning this year, another house is Catacombs from HHN XX, everyone is speculating if that is coming back but again who knows. Hopefully we'll get more clues from Mike and Patrick soon. Keep your fingers crossed because they might randomly throw out an announcement like they did with AHS, so keep your eyes wide open lol 

Actually neither Mike nor Patrick can just make an announcement. All information released to the public must be approved by Publicity and Marketing.

I remember at a press conference in London where Mike was going to announce a house a couple years ago, Publicity pulled the plug and he just talked about the houses that had already been announced. People asked him for clues and hints or "c'mon you can tell us, we won't say anything" But Mike pointed to Allison Lundell from Publicity who was standing right beside him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr. Jimmy said:

Actually neither Mike nor Patrick can just make an announcement. All information released to the public must be approved by Publicity and Marketing.

I remember at a press conference in London where Mike was going to announce a house a couple years ago, Publicity pulled the plug and he just talked about the houses that had already been announced. People asked him for clues and hints or "c'mon you can tell us, we won't say anything" But Mike pointed to Allison Lundell from Publicity who was standing right beside him.

And that's where my heart shatters, marketing always puts their hands in everything, it really sucks, I understand we get good ips from there, that's great but I mean they should let A&D and Mike and Patrick have room to do what they wanna do, with Marketing all they care for is how much money they are going to generate from us, they know they are gonna get it, they should just let off and let us get hyped up and instead of holding the event back till they feel its ready, I mean come on, we just got one announcement, and hoping for another one by the end of this month, last year was good with announcements, I mean some had to wait longer than others but it just sucks that we still have to wait, even when they could be announcing things early now you know. I miss the clues or the little teases they would throw on twitter to keep our minds wondering, I mean the codename Brains, it seems like it could be an original house like how they gave us the code name Cobweb last year, but idk it just feels weird that Hollywood posts more than Orlando too, its obvious were gonna get shared properties which ones we don't know but marketing just needs to let A&D be is all. 

So my Source finally got back to me and got some info for you guys. Somewhat Disappointing. 

Insidous will be a Hollywood Exclusive. 

Insidous and Conjuring are still happening by the way. Meaning for Hollywood...

AHS - Exclusive (Sort of)

Blumhouse - Exclusive 

Insidous - Exclusive

Shining - Shared

Evil Dead - Shared

Conjuring - Shared

Saw - Shared 

Edited by HHNManics
  • Like 1

Any indication if we're getting eight or nine houses this year? With the fact that ORL is pretty tight on space with construction, I wouldn't be surprised with a drop in count.

Plus, if that list is correct, we only have 5 shared properties unless we get at least one exclusive. Add in three originals, and that's only 8 this year.

12 hours ago, HHNManics said:

So my Source finally got back to me and got some info for you guys. Somewhat Disappointing. 

Insidous will be a Hollywood Exclusive. 

Insidous and Conjuring are still happening by the way. Meaning for Hollywood...

AHS - Exclusive (Sort of)

Blumhouse - Exclusive 

Insidous - Exclusive

Shining - Shared

Evil Dead - Shared

Conjuring - Shared

Saw - Shared 

Well this is just a sudden change from both coasts if they are doing this now. 

3 hours ago, StupidStupidDan said:

Any indication if we're getting eight or nine houses this year? With the fact that ORL is pretty tight on space with construction, I wouldn't be surprised with a drop in count.

Plus, if that list is correct, we only have 5 shared properties unless we get at least one exclusive. Add in three originals, and that's only 8 this year.

I think we will still have 9 houses but next year on, I feel like we'll have problems, construction for Nintendo hasn't started yet, Volcano Bay has all the focus right now as far as construction but in the coming months and years we might see drastic changes in the back of Universal by ET, if they take out Barney and Curious George around that area, we could definitely tell that Universal might have to relocate for another area to add the potential 2 or 3 houses they always put in the back of the park