HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

On 4/14/2017 at 1:43 PM, _Veritas_ said:

My guess is at least one more house announced this month, and I'd be willing to take a step a little further and say it'd either be (despite ya'll's feelings) TWD or The Mummy. I could be wrong, and probably am- but with the Mummy coming out soon, they could be use that as some extra promotion. And... if it's TWD (if it's returning, or FTWD if they're going that route) they could just be "ripping off a band-aid" by announcing it. 

I gotta say - if TWD is coming back again.. I'm gonna be pissed.

10 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

I gotta say - if TWD is coming back again.. I'm gonna be pissed.

It wouldn't happen, last year was the last nail in the coffin for the franchise, it went out with a bang, some people took it with a grain of salt and others took it very pleasingly, they did a best of house, I think it was predictable that last year was its final year, AHS is taking over from now until Universal finds another property such as Stranger Things or possibly Bates Motel or Hannibal? Something that might be concrete for them to use at the event, TWD might come to the event but might just be a year round attraction replacing Terminator since the ride has been outdated for quite sometime. 

12 hours ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

It wouldn't happen, last year was the last nail in the coffin for the franchise, it went out with a bang, some people took it with a grain of salt and others took it very pleasingly, they did a best of house, I think it was predictable that last year was its final year, AHS is taking over from now until Universal finds another property such as Stranger Things or possibly Bates Motel or Hannibal? Something that might be concrete for them to use at the event, TWD might come to the event but might just be a year round attraction replacing Terminator since the ride has been outdated for quite sometime. 

You don't know this for sure.  I would've never believed they would bring TWD back as many times as they did.. but it happened.  Until it's official, I will still wonder.

AHS was a HUGE hit last year because they did an AWESOME job with that house.  I am thrilled they are doing it again this year.  The nice thing about AHS is that it's a different story every season, so it's not like TWD where it's just a variation of zombies on a set.  Ugh.  F8ck zombies.  Anyway, I can see this being a recurring thing for a while.

Bates Motel ends this season.  There would be no earthly reason for them to use that as some kind of franchise.  Furthermore,  a single Psycho house might work ONCE, but that's it. 

I LIKE Terminator.  But then, I liked Twister as well.. and I do not think that the Fallon ride is an improvement AT ALL over Twister.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

They did? News to me. I thought it sucked just like AHS sucks.

I really dislike the show. I watched the entirety of the first season and a few episodes of the Carnival season, but I don't have much nice to say about AHS. That being said, I thought the house was entertaining and well done. I am cautiously optimistic about the upcoming AHS house, but at the very least, it will be a major people eater.

54 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

If you're a fan of the series, you'd most likely be a fan of the house, and it's fair to assume the opposite would be true (obviously not 100%).  That being said, it did stay true to the visuals of the series, so in that aspect they did a good job.  With that being said, I did like season 1, but agree with you about the other seasons.  Regardless of whatever we think, it's a name that gets quite a bit of national air time, and will put butts in seats.

56 minutes ago, N i c k said:

I really dislike the show. I watched the entirety of the first season and a few episodes of the Carnival season, but I don't have much nice to say about AHS. That being said, I thought the house was entertaining and well done. I am cautiously optimistic about the upcoming AHS house, but at the very least, it will be a major people eater.

It will absolutely be a people eater.  Even without knowledge of the stories, it will provide some creepy visuals to the tourists who aren't necessarily into horror, possibly even get people who haven't seen the series to watch it...for better or worse.

1 hour ago, criticalanalysis said:

If there was a Las Vegas line on your commentary, I would be a wealthy woman right now.

The fact you don't like AHS is completely irrelevant as to whether the house was good or sucked.  The house was GREAT!  

For the record, I thought Roanoke sucked (last year's AHS season), but I can see where some of the visuals will be REALLY GOOD in the house.  The show started off promising, and then it went off the rails into a really, really stupid direction.  I hope they don't do that again.  In any case, as a huge horror fan who is OFTEN disappointed by the yearly crop of crap we are subjected to at the theater, I am happy to watch AHS and take the good with the bad.  Even though some of the stories aren't perfect, they still do a LOT for being a basic cable series.  There just aren't that many shows that cater to horror fans.  

Personally, I wish someone would reboot the old Night Gallery series I used to watch as a kid.. something like that would awesome.  

Sorry for the tangent.  Please resume.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, sikbyrd350 said:

If you're a fan of the series, you'd most likely be a fan of the house, and it's fair to assume the opposite would be true (obviously not 100%).  That being said, it did stay true to the visuals of the series, so in that aspect they did a good job.

I kind of hate the series. The narrative ends up being too long and loses it's way about 6 episodes in.

That being said, I thought that the house was fantastic. As stated above it focused on staying true to the visuals, and that's really the show's strongest element. Great production design.

I was also impressed how they implemented look-a-likes and actual dialogue from the show.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

You don't know this for sure.  I would've never believed they would bring TWD back as many times as they did.. but it happened.  Until it's official, I will still wonder.

AHS was a HUGE hit last year because they did an AWESOME job with that house.  I am thrilled they are doing it again this year.  The nice thing about AHS is that it's a different story every season, so it's not like TWD where it's just a variation of zombies on a set.  Ugh.  F8ck zombies.  Anyway, I can see this being a recurring thing for a while.

Bates Motel ends this season.  There would be no earthly reason for them to use that as some kind of franchise.  Furthermore,  a single Psycho house might work ONCE, but that's it. 

I LIKE Terminator.  But then, I liked Twister as well.. and I do not think that the Fallon ride is an improvement AT ALL over Twister.

Well the thing is, if you seen the latest season of TWD, you can tell that there is no way, noooooo way that Universal is gonna spend a lot on effects for Shiva, they had blown a lot of money on the AWIL wolves and boy they put them to good use, as much as I love the Walking Dead, I don't think it would be smart for Universal to do it again because its just blowing more money on something that people have already seen,  I do love the many sets, they got me there but its the same thing, now they could do other things with zombies and even involving humans, Walking Dead there's not that many heroes in the house only the villains, now its HHN so yes, Wolves, Terminus crew & Walkers themselves are featured in the house, but last year was a best of house, and when they do a best of house technically means something has come to an end. Bates Motel if not picked I don't think they would do another Psycho house because there has already been so many back in the day and they did one already back 2006, so revisiting Norman would just make it obvious, unless they do an all Alfred Hitchcock best of house which maybe Universal has in their plans for the future who knows. Terminator is great, don't get me wrong, I love all of them except for Salvation, the latest one with Arnold back was somewhat good but its outdated, the film, everything about it is outdated, I mean yes ET is too but they can't touch that's Steven Spielberg' baby same with Jurassic Park and the reason for Jaws getting taken out was because the damn shark didn't work and they were gonna replace it anyways with the world of Harry Potter that can't be used for HHN which makes no entire sense since it involves witches and other things, but that's something else, Twister another outdated house and as for Fallon, it was decent, it wasn't great just decent but that's all we have right now till its get old and people start forgetting it, Universal always adapts to change just like Disney doing the same thing with putting Star Wars all over Hollywood Studios and Avatarland being put in Animal Kingdom All about change, the next big thing or the biggest trend going on. Also you could tell that they didn't give TWD that much attention last year, they just threw it on their twitter saying it was coming back and nothing more, so I think that also signaled the end of it as well because it didn't get that much notoriety that it once did and AHS and the other houses were promoted more than it was. 

Edited by HorrorUnearthed

1 hour ago, hunnylvr said:

If there was a Las Vegas line on your commentary, I would be a wealthy woman right now.

The fact you don't like AHS is completely irrelevant as to whether the house was good or sucked.  The house was GREAT!  

For the record, I thought Roanoke sucked (last year's AHS season), but I can see where some of the visuals will be REALLY GOOD in the house.  The show started off promising, and then it went off the rails into a really, really stupid direction.  I hope they don't do that again.  In any case, as a huge horror fan who is OFTEN disappointed by the yearly crop of crap we are subjected to at the theater, I am happy to watch AHS and take the good with the bad.  Even though some of the stories aren't perfect, they still do a LOT for being a basic cable series.  There just aren't that many shows that cater to horror fans.  

Personally, I wish someone would reboot the old Night Gallery series I used to watch as a kid.. something like that would awesome.  

Sorry for the tangent.  Please resume.

I couldn't have said it better 

I completely understand that times change....but I just cant imagine losing Terminator :(

Maybe they could find other ways of putting it to good use during HHN.  Perhaps a return of Chucky's Insult Emporium?  That holding area with the balcony would be a good spot for it

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, UsherBscary said:

I completely understand that times change....but I just cant imagine losing Terminator :(

Maybe they could find other ways of putting it to good use during HHN.  Perhaps a return of Chucky's Insult Emporium?  That holding area with the balcony would be a good spot for it

They have no other choice because remember Nintendoland will be coming in and that's gonna take some portions of both parks as Harry Potter has done. I don't think they would take Hollywood's idea like that and bring it over here to Orlando, I mean it sounds like a good idea but Universal has no really big choices because the real decision is done by Comcast, Comcast are the ones that behind some of the things, Jimmy Fallon's ride is one of their contributions to the park along with Fallon himself, Hollywood is making a lot of money because of that Walking Dead attraction out there, Orlando can see that, and Comcast would grab that idea and bring it out here, I mean I would rather have the Universal House of Horrors that Hollywood once had but tore it down, I mean that would work for a year round horror attraction for HHN but The Walking Dead is still big on tv, but I don't think its big enough anymore to be represented as a house at the event, too much money, its better to have as a year round attraction than anything else. Last year was the best ending they could do for TWD as a maze, for Universal in the day and night, its better to have The Walking Dead as a year round attraction, so many fans could get their fix for the show and experience it that way whether it taking up a soundstage that should be used for something else. Back at 23 we were supposed to have both Walking Dead & AHS and it was said something was going on where they couldn't put AHS in, besides it was just starting to grow at that time, and for 26, AHS had gotten more exposure as what Walking Dead back then, so you could tell last year was just the final nail in the coffin, if they bring Walking Dead back as a house its just a sham and the house last year would have been just for nothing. You can't spam something like that show over and over again, AHS has different themes whether they are good, bad or confusing, the show still draws people in because the show may confuse the hell out of you but the house scares the confusement out of you and makes it a haunted house you wanna go through. 

1 hour ago, StupidStupidDan said:

I kind of hate the series. The narrative ends up being too long and loses it's way about 6 episodes in.

That being said, I thought that the house was fantastic. As stated above it focused on staying true to the visuals, and that's really the show's strongest element. Great production design.

I was also impressed how they implemented look-a-likes and actual dialogue from the show.

I couldn't agree more.  The first 6/half of the season may show glimmers of hope, and then it just goes off the rails.  It seems like they try to cram as much crap as they can into a season.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sikbyrd350 said:

I couldn't agree more.  The first 6/half of the season may show glimmers of hope, and then it just goes off the rails.  It seems like they try to cram as much crap as they can into a season.

I don't mind AHS and loved the house last year.  And frankly, if it's between that and TWD, I'll take an AHS house any day.  But yeah, the series shows are...interesting.  I've noticed a trend where each season starts of great and then halfway though, they sort of go off the chain.  I never watched Coven so I had been watching it this week on Netflix.  5-6 episodes in they do seem like they're shoving in any and everything.

Watching the episodes play the intro music really gave me HHN flashbacks from last year.  Making me wish it wasn't 5 months out 'till 27.  But 5 is better than 6+.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

It's probably because of all the human female scareactors it wasn't scary...

:D

Critical.. tell me you're of drinking age.  One of these days, I'm going to find you and buy you a beer.  Then, I'm going to hand you a pretty box, and watch you open it to reveal your very own ass hat to wear to the event.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pandry said:

I don't mind AHS and loved the house last year.  And frankly, if it's between that and TWD, I'll take an AHS house any day.  But yeah, the series shows are...interesting.  I've noticed a trend where each season starts of great and then halfway though, they sort of go off the chain.  I never watched Coven so I had been watching it this week on Netflix.  5-6 episodes in they do seem like they're shoving in any and everything.

Watching the episodes play the intro music really gave me HHN flashbacks from last year.  Making me wish it wasn't 5 months out 'till 27.  But 5 is better than 6+.

I agree, not only that, they've gone to make Murderhouse the first season and Coven or Roanoke I believe link together or I think Coven and Roanoke are linked together, regardless, the show is one big link to each season, last year's house was great, I got caught off-guard a few times, especially from Piggy and Twisty lmao, it was good house, I think this year it might be good, HHN are really good at making the houses abit more interesting than the show, last year showed that, so I wonder what sets we could see be featured, Asylum, we have Briarcliff and the many of places from the doctors quarters and Sister Judes' office with her punishing tools, Briarcliff will be in its present and past states, Lana's house, the basement of the Dr. Olivers, the woods outside of the asylum where Dr. Arthur Ardsen keeps his experiments out and feeds them. The lady of death who kisses her victims to set them free. Kits place and potentially maybe seeing the Aliens? Since Asylum had deal with that sort of them of abduction. Coven we have the house, the voodoo barber shop, that one witchs' place in the woods somewhere and the mortuary where Evan Peters' character ends up and so forth and Roanoke, we have the Roanoke house as well going down the little shaft they discovered, we would run into its many past victims as well as The Butcher, we would also probably see little documentations of what transpired or what could probably see next since Roanoke was the documentary type thing, so we'll see some scenes from the season as well. I mean Universal knows what they could do with these three seasons, they don't have much with the exception of both Roanoke and Asylum, Coven might be the interesting because well I mean they did have that zombie scene outside of the house and things like that, the devil but all in all, this year's house should just be interesting entirely, I've watched all three seasons and so far Asylum is my favorite out of the two, Roanoke a little due to the content even though tends to come off very confusing at times to focus on what's going on, but I'm really looking forward on what HHN will bring with this house 

As previously noted I along with so many others are bored of TWD it won't be a surprise at this point if it does come back. It almost seems as interest has been revitalized with what I'm calling the "season of Negan." And I think the clause where we cant use character likeness could hurt peoples view of this seasons house if we do get it. Walking dead houses rely heavily on scenery and walkers which is a negative to some of us. Open scenes and passive, stagnant walkers lead to poor houses.

AHS however should be fine this year. I don't think it will be as great as last year as this years house will have some of the weaker seasons in my opinion. But there are some memorable scenes that can be recreated with ease. 

I think AHS will have the limelight for a little bit, at least another 2 or 3 years after this. Stranger things wont be utilized for at least a year or two mostly due to anticipiated costs of acquiring rights due to immense popularity. Maybe next year as a mega house since ahs will be down to one season.

Bates motel is on its last goodbye and I dont think we will see it as a house if were going to get a tv show they want something they can build a franchise around. Psycho on the other hand we could hopefully see in the near future, maybe hhn 30.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, killswitch22 said:

As previously noted I along with so many others are bored of TWD it won't be a surprise at this point if it does come back. It almost seems as interest has been revitalized with what I'm calling the "season of Negan." And I think the clause where we cant use character likeness could hurt peoples view of this seasons house if we do get it. Walking dead houses rely heavily on scenery and walkers which is a negative to some of us. Open scenes and passive, stagnant walkers lead to poor houses.

AHS however should be fine this year. I don't think it will be as great as last year as this years house will have some of the weaker seasons in my opinion. But there are some memorable scenes that can be recreated with ease. 

I think AHS will have the limelight for a little bit, at least another 2 or 3 years after this. Stranger things wont be utilized for at least a year or two mostly due to anticipiated costs of acquiring rights due to immense popularity. Maybe next year as a mega house since ahs will be down to one season.

Bates motel is on its last goodbye and I dont think we will see it as a house if were going to get a tv show they want something they can build a franchise around. Psycho on the other hand we could hopefully see in the near future, maybe hhn 30.

Yeah I agree with what you said about TWD and AHS, Stranger Things would be awesome see come to the event in the foreseeable future, I do love the show, and can't wait for the next season. If the Bates Motel doesn't happen, I don't think they would use Psycho because its already been done, the last time they had Psycho was for 2006 and that was that really, I mean the only thing I could see the event really do at this point is do a best of Alfred Hitchcock house but that's been a big rumor dating back since 24, 25 I believe

So Mike on twitter just mentioned about not being on NY time, and a NY set....with a pic of the cover art of the 1980 movie inferno?

Can we gather anything from this??  I'm not coming up with anything, but just putting it out there if anyone else can draw a connection?

16 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

Critical.. tell me you're of drinking age.  One of these days, I'm going to find you and buy you a beer.  Then, I'm going to hand you a pretty box, and watch you open it to reveal your very own ass hat to wear to the event.

Haha I am (29) - thanks for your generosity! You'll probably have fun with me at the event, I've got a nice butt.

Edited by criticalanalysis

17 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Haha I am (29) - thanks for your generosity! You'll probably have fun with me at the event, I've got a nice butt.

Critical, honey.. I'm glad you have a "nice butt".. I assume you are male.  I am NOT male.. however, I have a wife. :)  Your nice butt would be lost on me.  I would still buy you a beer.  hahahah

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WannabeIcon said:

So Mike on twitter just mentioned about not being on NY time, and a NY set....with a pic of the cover art of the 1980 movie inferno?

Can we gather anything from this??  I'm not coming up with anything, but just putting it out there if anyone else can draw a connection?

Mike doesn't really throw many codenames or little guesses anymore, its mostly Patrick that does the little hints, but doesn't really try to spoil too much into it, I think they both are keeping quiet this year due to leaks, I mean its like Hollywood, both coasts are just genuinely keeping quiet and picking dates to release news. 

• Gambit pinned this topic
  • Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic