HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

8 hours ago, hunnylvr said:

Dude.. can I ask a question?  Why in holy hell, if you have such animosity toward the event and how it's run, are you even here?  Why bother?  Is it in your nature to look for things you can tear apart?  I realize there are certain personality types who need this kind of stimulation, but for fuck's sake, why this?

Totally agree.  And did I mention lately how much I love that "ignore user" feature?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, StupidStupidDan said:

i'm assuming it matches with The Fallen. Possibly something to with the Tunguska event awakening demons that the Angels have to come down to fight.

I assumed the fallen but the Tungusta event I didn't even think of. That would be a good idea. I just looked it up though and the timelines are off.

Could be the Kola Superdeep Borehole and the Well to Hell myth?

1 hour ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

BTW, if 24A is the closer to Shining, then you should switch Dead Waters and Fallen. Because the piece of art that was the steamboat Legacy mentioned was labeled 24A.

Currently 24A is the entrance by the NY Library. It's where Walking Dead was last year and Body Collectors was the year before that. However, there is no set location for 24A and 24B and they have switched places before.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Original House Names per Legacy:

"The Hive" - Vampires - "Hive"

"The Fallen" - Angels / Demons - "Crater"

"Dead Waters" - Voodoo Bayou - "Paddle"

"Scarecrows - Dustbowl" - Scarecrows Dustbowl - "Brains"

He did say specifics were hard so he could be on point or wildly off.

Nothing confirmed until officially announced. Not that I care about the names, that statement is towards others.

Thank you! But I feel that Scarecrows-Dustbowl is probably the laziest name for a house, imho. I'm kinda hoping he's wrong about that.

5 hours ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

I'm looking forward to the Dustbowl house, but I really hope that isn't the proper name for it. I know that names don't really matter, but c'mon, Scarecrows - Dustbowl??? That just sounds sorta cheesy. 

I agree.

5 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

Not that I believe these house names, but if I did, I love all but scarecrow, you don't need a subtitle on an original house. I love the commercial, although I found it odd that Ash or a Deadite wasn't somewhere in it. Lastly, if you plan on having a first drink anywhere, I'd make it trader sam's grog grotto at Disney.

I thought the same thing, about the commercial. I wonder why. 

I probably won't make it there for my "first (legal) drink", but it's on my bucketlist. What would you suggest from there?

1 hour ago, Midnight Detective said:

How sure of we of the house content in "The Fallen?"

Very sure. Based on images released by Universal there is definitely a house that:

(1) Has a portion set in a Cathedral 

(2) Features an underworld with Satanic imagery

(3) In the underworld that looks similar to Catacombs

(4) Dead angels

Based off of the leaked house concept Angels vs Demons this is a definite match. It's also understandable looking at the concept art how this maze could be interpreted as a "Gothic meets Catacombs" maze; which imo would've been really good too.

Edited by wow
  • Like 1

Can we just take a moment to appreciate the fact that the marketing is so messed up that the commercial came out before the full reveal?

I'm not even mad at this point.  I just find this hilarious.

Edited by b-wolf95
Punctuation error
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

you don't need a subtitle on an original house.

Need? No. But there have been MANY original houses from the past several years that have had them. So it really shouldn't come as a surprise.

6 hours ago, b-wolf95 said:

Can we just take a moment to appreciate the fact that the marketing is so messed up that the commercial came out before the full reveal?

Honestly, it is actually kind of a terrible commercial for the event. Its too over the top &... cinematic? Like it really doesn't get to the point quick enough. Its an interesting concept, but not right for the event, especially when it has to be shared with Hollywood.

The commercial is ok. But the longer video just reminded me of the crush I have on Eli Roth (don't judge me). 

Ive tried to be optimistic about the lack of regular updates or the fact that there's no reveal yet, but the closer it gets to my trip the more I just wanna skip Universal almost altogether and just do Disney World. I already cancelled one of my Universal days to do epcot then go to hhn. Oh well

18 hours ago, lespectre said:

UJhSYCLmT-mLQL0VOetWig.png 2owhvtDcT1aRYh_E-D3GOA.png

???!!!!????

am i just seeing clues where there aren't any?? is this just a character for the commercial?? or could she be something more? she definitely fits in with the soul collectors aesthetic that we've seen thusfar

she would have made an amazing icon. seems like a lost opportunity. who understands marketing LOL. they seem crazy lol

On 8/22/2017 at 5:05 PM, Oysterhead00 said:

It worked just fine...made it the best event in the country....so why not rest on their laurels?  

They should have kept it 5 houses, why bother increasing them?

Should have kept it a few nights in late October, why bother to extend the event?

People show up on the weekends, why extend it to weeknights?

We are very successful in the sedan and coupe market, why would Pontiac expand to trucks and SUVs?

Their cars are the new hotness...bigger is better, why make a more economic and fuel efficient Hummer?

Everybody on Wall St owns a PDA, why would Palm develop a smart phone or tablet?

Everybody loves the mini keyboard, why would Blackberry develop a touchscreen when people are happy with the buttons?

People love brick and mortar stores, they'll never buy stuff like clothes without trying them on or Refridgerators without physically touching it first....why would KMart, Sears, JC Penny, Macy's, Circuit City, Lechmeres, etc, etc, etc change and embrace new shopping models and the internet when they have successful anchor stores at every mall in every town in the country?

Times change, the public changes, what people are willing to spend their money on changes.  If the public hated IPs and just wanted originals, they'd all go to Howl O' Scream (yes, that's a gross exaggeration but you get the point).  The trend now, and for the foreseeable future, is that people are comfortable with what they know and are proving it with their wallets.   The crowds at XIV where nothing compared to what they are now...the number of people who come on a MUCH extended run is insane.  

There's a reason they do the user surveys every year...and it's not to hear the 1% paying customers who are super fans like us on these sites.  It's to see what people want to see at the event and what they are willing to spend their hard earned dollars to attend.  There's also a question about what they think of the website and if they found the info they wanted in a timely manner and all that jazz.  ALL the stuff everybody complains about.  They aren't idiots who just live in a bubble and make shit up as they go along.  There are studies, sales metrics, sales breakdowns tied into when they announce stuff, etc, etc, etc.  

I think it's funny I'm the person constantly defending what they are doing....to people who love the event, are going regardless, yet still get off on complaining about every aspect of the event not living up to their personal ideal event and thinking that it's because marketing is too stupid to figure out what they want and that the other hundreds of thousands of paying customers don't matter.

PS - GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!

I mean if you want to settle, that's cool. It just comes down to the fact there's an entire galaxy of content we could be creating but we're just recreating things that already exist. I get that it's a business decision, but if we had one or two hard hitting IP's per year, we'd be more than ok.

19 hours ago, lespectre said:

UJhSYCLmT-mLQL0VOetWig.png 2owhvtDcT1aRYh_E-D3GOA.png

???!!!!????

am i just seeing clues where there aren't any?? is this just a character for the commercial?? or could she be something more? she definitely fits in with the soul collectors aesthetic that we've seen thusfar

Dios Mio! Me gusta!!!! :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Averixx De Avalon said:

I probably won't make it there for my "first (legal) drink", but it's on my bucketlist. What would you suggest from there?

First legal drink being out of an HHN blinky cup would be insanely awesome. Dont miss that opportunity!!!!!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Averixx De Avalon said:

Thank you! But I feel that Scarecrows-Dustbowl is probably the laziest name for a house, imho. I'm kinda hoping he's wrong about that.

I agree.

I thought the same thing, about the commercial. I wonder why. 

Oh, i cant drink yet, i just know the cups are awesome, and i love the effects that happen when you get a drink like the volcano or the old Tiki Room animatronic. I love going there until they kick me out at 8:00.

1 hour ago, Jediwhit82 said:

Oh, i cant drink yet, i just know the cups are awesome, and i love the effects that happen when you get a drink like the volcano or the old Tiki Room animatronic. I love going there until they kick me out at 8:00.

Off topic I know, but Trader Sams is the replacement for the Adventurers Club right? I miss that place so much. Was never old enough to drink there but had such a great time there every time without fail. The actors there were fantastic, the level of interaction was brilliant, and just a fun night all round!

12 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

Off topic I know, but Trader Sams is the replacement for the Adventurers Club right? I miss that place so much. Was never old enough to drink there but had such a great time there every time without fail. The actors there were fantastic, the level of interaction was brilliant, and just a fun night all round!

Kind of, it's in the Polynesian, and no where near as good. But it is great and worth checking out.

Edited by Jediwhit82
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

I mean it's similar but different. It's its own thing for the most part.