HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

12 minutes ago, Jediwhit82 said:

What's hive? Is that just our most recent name for the conjouring replacement(I can't spell)

Hive is the Universal codename for the Vampire house that replaced Conjuring

• Like 1

Hype finally starting to build up nicely now. Not overly convinced by the festival of the deadliest theme though. My gut tells me this is plan B (or C even).  Regardless the pics from the houses look great, especially loving the gothic pic (I'm convinced at least one of those light holders will move and scare the crap out of me haha). Also really excited for the scarezones which all sound good. Only criticism is why has it took so long to get to this point? Minor gripe but glad this is going to be my first year. Only 36 days to go for me now! Can't wait. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HHN Explorer said:

I typically make a custom house t-shirt but since the full lineup still hasn't been announced, I decided to make a B&T shirt for now. Let me know what you guys think.B_T_Shirt.jpg

Very nice! I'm also working on a shirt for Bill and Ted's final year. It'll be done sometime this week and I plan on making it available online.

Mine will be an illustration, like my poster for last years show, just not nearly as elaborate.

Bill-and-ted-2016-web-final

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WESKER69 said:

ONLY 26 days until the event begins (less for employee preview)..... and the original houses & blumhouse of horrors STILL has not been announced yet.

Not sure when preview night will be (hasn't been officially announced to us) but a heads-up to anyone who might have wanted to go--TMs are NOT getting guest tickets for preview night this year. They are tightening it up, it seems. Maybe it's because of all the filming/photos they take.

Instead of the preview they're letting people use one comp ticket for HHN. The public-facing team site has the dates.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Futurion said:

Maybe I'm dumb or I don't understand something but I don't get the meaning of this post.  

Pilot Light: is a small gas flame, usually natural gas or liquefied petroleum gas, which serves as an ignition source for a more powerful gas burner. Common applications include household water heaters, central heating systems, fireplaces, flamethrowers, etc...

Basically... the pilot light will be lit & the main jack-o-lantern in Central Park's "Trick R Treat" scarezone will do THIS... every so often throughout the night

dVUQ7uM.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, zacVStheworld said:

I'm just curious to know what might've taken them this long to inform us? 

laziness... IP issues... loss of brain function for deciding to end B&T for more Potter...

The event starts in 25 days & they still haven't announced the 4 original mazes or Blumhouse of Horrors. Back in the day, this wouldn't be a big deal because we'd at least have fun distractive updates on the website that'd tease & hint to whats to come while building a deeper mythology and story. Of course, at the same time, back then, the even't didn't start as early as it does now. So yea... its just terribly handled.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, WESKER69 said:

laziness... IP issues... loss of brain function for deciding to end B&T for more Potter...

The event starts in 25 days & they still haven't announced the 4 original mazes or Blumhouse of Horrors. Back in the day, this wouldn't be a big deal because we'd at least have fun distractive updates on the website that'd tease & hint to whats to come while building a deeper mythology and story. Of course, at the same time, back then, the even't didn't start as early as it does now. So yea... its just terribly handled.

This post for the win

1 minute ago, Rikku said:

I'm sorry I have seen it kinda discussed but no direct answer really and I know we won't get one until Universal says but what are we leaning towards in terms of Icon or no icon? Will one happen or no...?

No icon

2 minutes ago, Rikku said:

Awwww darn, ok thanks!

It seems odd to me as I thought both Jack and Chance were successful the past two years, even if Chance's house and scarezone wasn't as well received. 

Agreed; they had a really good concept with the Soul Collectors too and could've used that to their advantage

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wow said:

Agreed; they had a really good concept with the Soul Collectors too and could've used that to their advantage

I'm pretty sure they planned on doing something more with the Soul Collector idea and it fell through. I also think that countdown was originally for something much better than a damn wallpaper. I swear, I want a tell-all book from the Universal staff about this year's horror nights. There's no way all of this was just out of pure laziness. Some kind of shit had to have gone down. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

I'm pretty sure they planned on doing something more with the Soul Collector idea and it fell through. I also think that countdown was originally for something much better than a damn wallpaper. I swear, I want a tell-all book from the Universal staff about this year's horror nights. There's no way all of this was just out of pure laziness. Some kind of shit had to have gone down. 

Yeah; this years been very chaotic behind the scenes and some incidents have been obvious(Conjuring turned into Hive) while some are still highly unknown(Collectors)

4 hours ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

I don't want a book.  I want marketing to pivot beautifully and do their job.

• Like 1

Another incident from this year I wanted to point out was that Insidious was originally a house in the MIB tent but was scrapped in favor for the Blumhouse Mashup(at least this is what I've heard). Additionally(according to rumors), half of the Blumhouse maze is Insidious with the other half being half Sinister and half Purge. If the Insidious rumor is true then that means the initial lineup planned was:

AHS: Asylum, Coven, Roanoke; SS??

The Shining; SS22

Ash vs Evil Dead*; Parade Building

Saw; Shrek Queue

The Conjuring; Sprung 2

Insidious: MIB Tent

Bayou of Blood/Dead Waters: SS24

Angels vs Demons: SS24

Scarecrows: Sprung 1

* = AvED was initially rumored to be based on Evil Dead 1 & 2 and use the name for promotion, which has yet to be proven(in terms of if it initially was an Evil Dead house) aside from  early leaks

Edited by wow

6 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Will anyone in the know be able to tell us what happened behind closed doors with the "Soul Collectors?"

And will the drama have an effect on the actual event quality? Everything I've heard about the houses themselves sounds great.

From what I've heard all the houses are top notch quality and could win HoTY, it sounds like there's no duds. The only awkward thing you may notice is that the house codenamed Hive is gonna look a lot like the Conjuring.

• Love 1