HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

12 minutes ago, BenjaminNicholas said:

I hold out hope that the level of detail this year will make it worthwhile.  As for the actual houses, so far, I'm unimpressed.  

IP....  Rinse... Repeat.  Welcome to Comcast.  It's HHN for the masses and as long as the general public knows it's based off a film, why do anything original?  In an odd way, it's the same thing that's happening to Broadway:  Just musicalize a movie that people know.  Original work be damned.

Um we are getting four original houses and only two of the scarezones are based off IPs. I would say you might be blowing it a little out of proportion there. 

25 minutes ago, biomegaceu said:

Um we are getting four original houses and only two of the scarezones are based off IPs. I would say you might be blowing it a little out of proportion there. 

And how many houses are based on IPs?  Yeah.  Let's revisit that and then tell me how original HHN keeps getting.

I'm showing doubt, not blowing anything out of proportion.  As someone who has been to every HHN since year one, I see the writing on the wall. 

Oh yeah, ditch Photobucket.  They suck.  

https://imgbb.com/

Edited by BenjaminNicholas
  • Like 1

I think the scarezones sound good. Not sure I like the Altars of Horror because like someone else said seems like a waste to have characters from the houses on the street also seems like an unimaginative way to fill up a scarezone but I'm willing to hold judgment. Invasion! has a lot of potential, so does Festival of the Deadliest which if it turns out to be a scarezone full of different cultures ideas of the undead should be interesting, hoping it's not a cheap ripoff of Dia de las muertes. TrickRTreat could be good and I might be one of the few or only people looking forward to the Purge scarezone if nothing else if it's scarezone it won't be a house and works best as a scarezone. Still waiting for houses though

I know we are still waiting on the original house announcements....but I just don't undertand some of Uni's choices here. WE have a festival, which is supposedly a quasi-over-arching theme, but no leader to said activity?  Are we in for another surprise here, but why would you announce the Icon last if so? But if we are really just getting this zone of mascots instead an Icon, I'm not sure how much sense it makes. I thought Uni had seen the errors of their ways when we finally returned to having them 2 years ago. It has to be easier to drive advertising, marketing, in-park merchandising sales, etc. (I'm sure we could think of more). Hopefully we get hit with a surprise outta left field...unless someone else can shed light on any of this?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

What they put in that scare zone last year really wasn't that different from The Purge. If they named it The Purge would anyone have even noticed a difference?

Yes, literaly everyone who went would have noticed a difference because it is different in every way. The costume and setting is completely different from Purge. Having three different factions that you could align yourself with to become further immersed in the zone makes Survive or Die one of the best scare zones I have ever been in, so yeah, people would have noticed.

22 minutes ago, WannabeIcon said:

I know we are still waiting on the original house announcements....but I just don't undertand some of Uni's choices here. WE have a festival, which is supposedly a quasi-over-arching theme, but no leader to said activity?  Are we in for another surprise here, but why would you announce the Icon last if so? But if we are really just getting this zone of mascots instead an Icon, I'm not sure how much sense it makes. I thought Uni had seen the errors of their ways when we finally returned to having them 2 years ago. It has to be easier to drive advertising, marketing, in-park merchandising sales, etc. (I'm sure we could think of more). Hopefully we get hit with a surprise outta left field...unless someone else can shed light on any of this?

They'll use the "Festival" as the advertising. Basically an invitation to viewers of whatever commercial to come and "join the celebration".

That's the angle I'm getting at least.

2 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

with to become further immersed in the zone makes Survive or Die one of the best scare zones I have ever been in,

I mean that's certainly an opinion to have, lol.

2 hours ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

That's the angle I'm getting at least.

This year is all over the place. Bad ideas all around.

Before complaining about IPs, remember that Universal Studios is a theme park designed around film with the intent of bringing classic movies to life.  Why would it then be surprising that they make haunted houses that allow guests to walk into a living horror movie?  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, mathew said:

Before complaining about IPs, remember that Universal Studios is a theme park designed around film with the intent of bringing classic movies to life.  Why would it then be surprising that they make haunted houses that allow guests to walk into a living horror movie?  

Because their original work made the event popular.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, WannabeIcon said:

The Soul Collectors say hi

9 minutes ago, mathew said:

take your common sense somewhere else! Its not welcome in deez parts!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

Yes, literaly everyone who went would have noticed a difference because it is different in every way. The costume and setting is completely different from Purge. Having three different factions that you could align yourself with to become further immersed in the zone makes Survive or Die one of the best scare zones I have ever been in, so yeah, people would have noticed.

Survive or Die, one of the best scare zones? Yeah, no. Lol.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, WannabeIcon said:

Couldn't agree more I think not having an icon is a missed opportunity. There's a focal point instead of just a billboard with movie names on it. The icon can peak people's interest and drive people to the website, instead when UNI relies on IPs they have to constantly find 3 or 4 big name marquee IPs every year to market and drive sales instead of putting energy into an icon. Of course some people will go no matter what IPs or icon the event has.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, HHN Explorer said:

I typically make a custom house t-shirt but since the full lineup still hasn't been announced, I decided to make a B&T shirt for now. Let me know what you guys think.B_T_Shirt.jpg

Um. This is perfection and I need it! If you sell them please let me know ASAP!

4 hours ago, Horrorisprettyrad said:

wouldn't you argue that bringing in more ips is a good move for universal? Ips certainly draw a bigger crowd than original concepts nowadays. I feel like the general public would care more for michael meyers than jack the clown (also not arguing that they should go full on ip like universal hollywood, its just having a creative side and an ip based side seems fair to me)

No, I would not. They got popular because of their original work. Then they started doing more IPs. The event would've grown in popularity regardless of IPs. It's not a good argument to say, "Event is popular, they have IPs, therefore IPs are popular with the crowds."

I would argue that they would earn more money if they introduced IPs less frequently.