HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

Evil's Roots will always be my #1 of all time. I am biased based on how many of the people in it I am friends with, but still. All of the pro photos taken of that zone are the most gorgeous. Even my iPhone pics were great, lol. I miss my Scarecrow. 

HpFyFzB.png

• Like 2

I knew I was going to come home to a lot of junk in here, but not this bad.  Cleaned up the thread of all the waste.  

We can have more mature conversations here, leave the whining for facebook!

B&T is done after this year, the event will go on, people will still go.  Some hate it, some don't care.   Let's move on.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

This is not a personal shot at anyone, but if anyone feels offended by a post or topic, or thinks the discussion is going south please feel free to report it.  You can also PM me, or a moderator and we'll take care of the situation.

Adding to it, or creating an argument about it won't help and just clutters the forum up.

Not to speak for any member, but we've lost a few top posters/veterans of this forum and other forums due to the nonsense being posted.   If you want to have a good community to discuss HHN and other Haunts, then we all need to make that happen and work together.  

We love to read each of your opinions on a subject, but keep it respectful. Think before you post!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Updates from the forums on the quality of the original maze names, credit to Legacy;

Angels vs Demons(previously suspected to be Gothicombs): A creative & memorable name 

Voodoo(previously suspected to be Bayou of Blood): Creative

Scarecrows & Soul Collectors: Terrible name

Vampire: Bad name that works for the house

Also, just a reminder to everyone that apparently every house this year is strong, and that if actors deliver there should be no duds(a la Lunatic's Playground). 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

With the pumpkins up and TrT speculated, it is very possible that we will see those timed/synced outages from 08. It's one of the Halloween rules in the movie. 

Whoa!  You might have made my entire year right there.  Fingers crossed!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Pandry said:

Whoa!  You might have made my entire year right there.  Fingers crossed!

Definitely fingers crossed. I don't now why it never occurred to me until now given all the spec, but it's one of the first scenes in TrT (if I remember correctly). The girlfriend blows out the candle, and the boyfriend says something like, "You're not suppose to blow the candles out before midnight on Halloween."

It's a perfect opportunity to use the timed/synced outages. 

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Definitely fingers crossed. I don't now why it never occurred to me until now given all the spec, but it's one of the first scenes in TrT (if I remember correctly). The girlfriend blows out the candle, and the boyfriend says something like, "You're not suppose to blow the candles out before midnight on Halloween."

It's a perfect opportunity to use the timed/synced outages. 

Exactly. 

The other rules include. 

-always wear a costume

-always pass out treats

-always check your candy

And NEVER blow out a Jack O Lantern before midnight

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Alice said:

Evil's Roots will always be my #1 of all time. I am biased based on how many of the people in it I am friends with, but still. All of the pro photos taken of that zone are the most gorgeous. Even my iPhone pics were great, lol. I miss my Scarecrow. 

HpFyFzB.png

HHN25ERTallHatGuy.jpg

HHN25EvilRootsHayWagon.JPG

HHN25ERWickerMan.JPG

HHN25 - pumpkinsintrees.jpg

Just because Alice likes the pics.. and so do I - and it shows the potential for that area when done right.

Edit: Crap - I don't know why two of these posted sideways.  I thought I fixed them.  Sorry about that.  Crap.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jediwhit82 said:

I personally have always found Central Park to be the least effective area for most scarezones, just because of how the theming must include lots of trees. But then again, I'm the weird guy who didn't like Bayou of Blood

I didn't really care for it either.  I think that location tends to have the best atmosphere, but I'm bias towards the pumpkins.  But nowadays, especially with the flow of Hollywood Blvd. and the stage, it's a log jam.  My fave area for scare zones, even though it wasn't the main official area, was Sting Alley.  Hate that they don't utilize it anymore.  2011 was the last use.

I can't even begin to put into words how happy & excited I will be if/when TrT is announced. If I could make a list of the top 5 dream IP's I'd love to see at HHN, TrT would absolutely be on it! Such a good Halloween movie.

I'm so curious to see how they're gonna make it work too. The Central Park area felt slightly more confined to me last year, as opposed to the other scare zones, I'm wondering if they're gonna have all the characters from the movie out at the same time or if they'll do cast changes with different characters at different times.

However it's done, I know that'll be the SZ I spend the most time in this year! 

31 minutes ago, Pandry said:

It's definitely the most atmospheric and Halloween feeling area when done up with pumpkins:

22625538031_611424d998.jpgHHN 25 by Mike Buchawiecki, on Flickr

*gobsmacked* - that pic is BEAUTIFUL!!  Thanks for sharing that!!

30 minutes ago, Jediwhit82 said:

I personally have always found Central Park to be the least effective area for most scarezones, just because of how the theming must include lots of trees. But then again, I'm the weird guy who didn't like Bayou of Blood

You are DEFINITELY the weird guy.  This is usually my favorite scare zone every year (last year is the exception).  I think all the trees and cover give it just enough enclosure to make it effective.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, traveller said:

Central Park with pumpkins,fog=Old school Halloween. It is a beautiful area but does get crowded .

I don't even mind the crowds in there.  It's a decent ebb and flow.  If this area is good (like with Evil's Roots and Grown Evil), we will spend a LOT of time there, so I know it's not always packed.  

39 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Yeah, it kind of felt like they threw Lair of the Banshee together at the last minute. ER looks like it was an outstanding scare zone, and I look forward to TrT this year.

I felt the same way on Lair.  I was really, really disappointed with that whole thing - especially with how awesome Evil's Roots was the year before.  If TrT is coming there, I will literally do the Snoopy happy dance all the way from the parking lot, through City Walk, all the way past the gates until I reach this zone and probably start crying.  Is it weird to find good Halloween decorating beautiful enough to make one cry?  LOL

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

I actually think Central Park shouldn't be a scare zone. Just let it be the pumpkins and maybe tombstones with some fog for atmosphere and spend the resources elsewhere. It's never been that great of an area for a scare zone.

Beer offer revoked

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

I actually think Central Park shouldn't be a scare zone. Just let it be the pumpkins and maybe tombstones with some fog for atmosphere and spend the resources elsewhere. It's never been that great of an area for a scare zone.

I think you're right on par here.  Technically - technically - in 2008, CP wasn't a full on scare zone.  They had the Skoolhouse where Jack's stage is (sort of) and the Scary Tales/Asylum zone more located around the kidzone fork.  They did have scareactors going through there but I distinctly remember many nights (albeit near closing time) when there was barely anyone in CP.  It was just the pumpkins and the constant loop of the Bloody Mary soundtrack with the pumpkins going out and being relit.  And it was AWESOME!! 

Why not just keep the area beautiful and atmospheric with pumpkins and such and add an official zone elsewhere?  Best of both worlds.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

I could get on board for this. Maybe it could be the "safe zone" a few people are always asking for.

While I'm against a "safe zone" at a horror event, I could get behind a place for some downtime...while still being heavily themed.

Maybe even sell some seasonally appropriate foods/drinks at each end of the zone so people can really get in the Halloween spirit (ciders, fritters, etc).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jediwhit82 said:

I've always felt that in front of men in black should be a scare zone, it always feels like a very long and uninteresting walk from San Francisco to Central Park.

Totally agree.  It's been a dead zone back there for a while.  Thankfully Diagon offers some respite on the journey to San Fran.  Though I have noticed the chainsaw crew is out there a lot.  Helps break up the "nothingness."  But I also get the issue.  You have multiple houses entering and exiting there, MIB, bathrooms, bars, B&T nearby.  I guess all they can handle is the roaming hordes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

How much saw should I watch?

The original up to 3. I don't expect we'll see a lot from after that other than the new movie. There are a few from 4-6 I would like to see personally again. but there wont be enough space 

In regards to central park.

I always found central park to kind of be the same year after year. I do like the pumpkins as it adds a nice touch. I hope trick r treat changes it up a little, even though I think it would make a better house than scarezone.

Edited by killswitch22