HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

Just now, TheLadyGator said:

B&T is my favorite part of HHN. I honestly can't imagine the event without it. 

So very hoping they have some sort of amazing idea for a replacement, but I think this just confirms the exit of FF stage.  Which is odd as that show is now back on TV and relevant again.

8 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

While I have found this show a bit on the stupid side these last few years, it's still a tradition, and there are usually some gems in there.  This is such a huge part of HHN, I can't believe they are just getting rid of it.  I mean, even if they tear down that theater, why couldn't this be done at Animal Actors?  Is it too small?  Just wondering the thinking behind this.  I'm surprised to find myself somewhat heartbroken over this announcement.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Drummanmatt said:

Wow, this came out of no where for me. Never thought this day would come. I've been going to HHN since 2002; that's pretty much my entire teenage and young adult life that is filled with memories of watching this show, even though the past few years of the show haven't been the greatest. I'm really taken back. I KNOW I'm not the only one who got a lump in their throat reading that blog article. :(

• Sad 2

I'm so sorry, guys. I heard the rumour yesterday and I completely dismissed it. I thought they'd never do this. 

I'll be around for HHN this year but I'm done going frequently now. This was one of the few things I truly enjoyed. I'm gutted. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jediwhit82 said:

Bill and Ted's bogus Halloween journey would make a great house for an anniversary year.

And it probably will be; this was inevitably gonna happen due to the incedint in Hollywood though so as much as I'll miss it I'm not surprised

7 minutes ago, wow said:

And it probably will be; this was inevitably gonna happen due to the incedint in Hollywood though so as much as I'll miss it I'm not surprised

I seriously doubt the incident in Hollywood had anything to do with this.  Either they think this show has run its course, and it's time for something new.  Or, the theater is being torn down, and logistically it won't work.

1 minute ago, Jediwhit82 said:

On the bright side this should almost confirm shirts for bill and ted right?

A B&T shirt would be most excellent

6 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

I seriously doubt the incident in Hollywood had anything to do with this.  Either they think this show has run its course, and it's time for something new.  Or, the theater is being torn down, and logistically it won't work.

A B&T shirt would be most excellent

From what Legacy said on the forums he made it sound like it's getting harder to write parodies because of how quickly pop culture moves nowadays. He said you could write something in June and it's already dated by October so if I had to guess they just might be having a hard time writing, as well as Universal thinking the show has run it's course

7 minutes ago, Jediwhit82 said:

With no theater for bill and ted in studios, and Nintendo construction taking parade building and possibly sprung tents, I think next year actualy has a possibility of being back at islands.

I was just thinking this...

10 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

On the bright side this should almost confirm shirts for bill and ted right?

hopefully... I hate the shirts for HHN but Id buy one for sentimental reasons.

So sorry to hear this news. While B&T wasn't my cup of tea, I thought the actors and dancers did a terrific job. Even if it's something you're not too into, it's always a shame to see a classic go. I'm glad they at least announced it as a "farewell tour", to give the show a chance to say goodbye, instead of just shuttering FFL immediately. 

I'll definitely be giving the show another shot this year, although I can't imagine B&T will never be back at HHN. I wouldn't be surprised to see it find a new home at HHN in some way in the future.

• Like 1

Yeah this year is horrible for HHN.

* Bad marketing (that literally was mocking fans)

* Shit website

* Bad Soul Collectors idea

* Non-cohesive theme

* Average IPs at best and mildly interesting scarezones at best

* B&T is gone - and this kills me. The show was very popular. If they said it's because pop-culture moves too fast that's a bullshit argument. Pop-culture ALWAYS changes, it's no different. If it got "too hard" to write for then that's tough for them and it's time to hire new writers. I gua-ran-fucking-tee it's because they pulled it since it wasn't politically correct enough and got all the sensitive losers upset.

Talk about an off-year.

• Like 2