HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

25 minutes ago, Jessicaann101 said:

So I got an email from HHN regarding buying tickets ect... it mentions the scare actor dining. Has anyone done this and would you recommend it? 

I'd love to do it, I saw some clips from last year with Chance and it looked awesome. But not knowing what the theme is I'm a little dubious to book. Is it worth booking without knowing?

I did it last year and I think it was my favorite thing we did (besides the houses) at HHN! The food wasn't amazing, but the character interactions were terrific!! The only one that spoke was Chance and she was super sweet, the rest of the scareactors still did a great job interacting though. They also all spent a lot of time with us, and we weren't rushed through dinner, which I really appreciate. I'm excited to do it again this year I just haven't booked it yet, but only cause I'm not sure whether to do it the first night or not. 

I would definitely give it a try though if you're interested, it's pricey but a lot of fun!

13 minutes ago, DraculaTeeth said:

I did it last year and I think it was my favorite thing we did (besides the houses) at HHN! The food wasn't amazing, but the character interactions were terrific!! The only one that spoke was Chance and she was super sweet, the rest of the scareactors still did a great job interacting though. They also all spent a lot of time with us, and we weren't rushed through dinner, which I really appreciate. I'm excited to do it again this year I just haven't booked it yet, but only cause I'm not sure whether to do it the first night or not. 

I would definitely give it a try though if you're interested, it's pricey but a lot of fun!

This sounds pleasant, and like something that I should try at least once if anything just to say I did it. Thanks for the info, I haven't really heard anything about this before.

48 minutes ago, Grime said:

This sounds pleasant, and like something that I should try at least once if anything just to say I did it. Thanks for the info, I haven't really heard anything about this before.

We did it last year as well.  It happened to be the weekend where we brought along my wife's son and daughter in law.  They are both in their mid-30's, so we aren't talking kids.  I have to say, the interaction we had with Chance was outstanding.  She got a little crass, a little dirty with my wife's son, and we roared with laughter.  We still tease him about leaving his new "girlfriend" behind at HHN.  His wife gives him endless shit over it, too.  The rest of the characters were SO MUCH FUN.  They spent a lot of time at our table, and we got some terrific pics.  I'd definitely recommend.   I'm waiting to see which characters will be at this year's experience, but I'd say it's already 80% chance we'll do this again.

1 hour ago, Grime said:

Yeah I wouldn't say I'm excited about it. Just more interested than our other options.

However, The Shining has me hyped past the point of hype and it better not let me down. I don't typically care for houses based on IPs but The Shining is one of my top 5 favorites so I'm curious to see what they do with it and I may spend my entire opening night going through it as many times as possible to catch all of the details.

The only IP I think that would surpass hype for The Shining would be an Alien house themed around the first movie, aboard the Nostromo. Hnnnng.

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN

hynjgbu-png.3419

"You're aboard....the Nostromo....with...Sigourney Weaver..."

This would be the greatest house of all time! I ride GMR JUST for the Alien and Indiana Jones sections

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ringwraith said:

"You're aboard....the Nostromo....with...Sigourney Weaver..."

This would be the greatest house of all time! I ride GMR JUST for the Alien and Indiana Jones sections

I worked GMR for a brief stint at Disney several years ago and going through the Alien scene was always my favorite. I still go every time I'm at DHS.

3 minutes ago, StupidStupidDan said:

It doesn't look familiar. The guy up front looks a bit mummy-ish. So, maybe from Tomb?

If it's not Tomb and it is a house from this year it could be the Angels vs Demons house. Most likely it's an old house though

3 hours ago, DraculaTeeth said:

Oh awesome! Thank you, I'll go ahead and book then. Universal owes you commission ;)

27 minutes ago, wow said:

If it's not Tomb and it is a house from this year it could be the Angels vs Demons house. Most likely it's an old house though

Look at the background behind the guy in the back. Looks like the skulls that are on the website (as well as above the image of the house). Tomb was not that wide at any point in the house. This has to be from a new house. Angels v Demons doesn't make sense...perhaps the formerly rumored Catacombs? Don't see how "Harvest" would apply here..

Edited by criticalanalysis

2 hours ago, Grime said:

I worked GMR for a brief stint at Disney several years ago and going through the Alien scene was always my favorite. I still go every time I'm at DHS.

Didn't they have to do AVP instead of Alien because Disney owned the rights to Alien but not AVP? I THINK this discussion has been going on the last few pages but I wasn't really paying attention and am too lazy to search lol.

19 hours ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

This year's marketing has been so flat (negative), that I'm honestly not even really excited about attending for the first time ever. That is just a shame. I guess I just like to have a clear picture of sorts when I go on my trips. Maybe if I lived only driving distance to the event I wouldn't care as much because I'd probably be attending no matter what and I'd take it for granted, however that is not the case. 

Sadly I haven't been that excited about the event for the past 3 years, maybe 4. It seems like you want more and exciting announcements. But the funny thing is I don't really care about theses announcements. I felt like I was more hyped about the event when they had 1 big announcement. Maybe it was because I was in high school, and besides going to soccer practice/games I would sit on HHNVault and IOACentral talking about the event. It built the suspense, and that's what made it great. 

Don't get me wrong. For people spending tons of money, coming from out of state for the event, I understand wanting to hear what you have spent your money on. I believe they need to give Creative back most of the control of this event, and we would get amazing announcements. Now they just have people with social media degrees that probably do alright with general theme park stuff but when it comes to HHN there is a different skill set you need to keep all these crazy fans happy.  

I saw (no pun intended) on the regular universal twitter that passholder nights for horror nights fall on a night I'm going and give you advanced admission to 3 houses. What is this, has anyone done it, and how is it different from normal waiting at a holding area?

53 minutes ago, Jediwhit82 said:

I saw (no pun intended) on the regular universal twitter that passholder nights for horror nights fall on a night I'm going and give you advanced admission to 3 houses. What is this, has anyone done it, and how is it different from normal waiting at a holding area?

I've done it the last few years. They open 3 houses at 5:30 for AP's the first 2 Fridays and Saturdays. You have to RSVP (usually sign ups start the first week of September) and are allowed one guest, as long as you each have a valid ticket for that night's event. 

1 hour ago, StupidStupidDan said:

With no announcement today, I think we can confirm that The Conjuring had indeed been purged.

I know we all assumed as much, but today would have been the drop dead date with the release of (the apparently very good) Annabelle: Creation.

Yeah, it actually was very good.
One thing it particularly impressed me with was the way it handled one of my main criticisms learning in advance of the movie: I didn't think another prequel was necessary, that the previous film showed the doll's demonic origins pretty completely (I'd have said if another 'Annabelle' movie was made, it should be a sequel about another owner it had before ending up with the young nurses). Yet, by 'Creation''s end, they pulled off a truly brilliant and unexpected connection to the previous film that did indeed help to better show how things all got started, and even threw in a clever nod to the actual Annabelle doll.
Plus, it opened with an amazing new preview for 'It' which helped to further assure me that Bill Skarsgaard will make a magnificent Pennywise.

2 hours ago, marc said:

I've done it the last few years. They open 3 houses at 5:30 for AP's the first 2 Fridays and Saturdays. You have to RSVP (usually sign ups start the first week of September) and are allowed one guest, as long as you each have a valid ticket for that night's event. 

So what makes that any different from the normal of staying in the park?

1 hour ago, Jediwhit82 said:

So what makes that any different from the normal of staying in the park?

There is a special holding area just for AP's and their guests. They will be let into the 3 houses at 5:30. If you do Stay and Scream you will be directed to a different area, most likely Finnegans. So, if you don't have an AP you wont be admitted to the 3 houses early. You will only be able to start entering houses at 6 when HHN is officially open. 

27 minutes ago, Brandon said:

There is a special holding area just for AP's and their guests. They will be let into the 3 houses at 5:30. If you do Stay and Scream you will be directed to a different area, most likely Finnegans. So, if you don't have an AP you wont be admitted to the 3 houses early. You will only be able to start entering houses at 6 when HHN is officially open. 

Got it, so basically where stay and scream gets you one house before the rest get there, AP gives you the time to do all 3?

• Mark M. locked and unpinned this topic