HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

2 hours ago, Alice said:

With no more countdown, I'm wondering how often we can get the rest of those boxes 'unlocked' until next month....6 weeks 'til the first event as of tomorrow. 

HHN starts 5 weeks from Friday. I had to check my calendar a few times to make sure I was counting right.

3 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

There were rights issues with the Alien movies because Disney owned the theme park rights to the Alien movies. AvP was another loophole. Disney owns/owned Alien franchise theme park rights, but not AvP rights. 

I always thought this was the reason but when I did my Unmasking tour that year the tour guide said that they went with AVP because the right holders of Alien would've been far more strict with the property and that AVP was more flexible. Granted that could've been wrong information but that is what my guide said. But while we are discussing AVP I would love another round of either Alien/Predator/AVP becuase it is my horror sweet spot that I am a sucker for and will always bite. 

• Like 3

Good point, I was defending the idea of Halloween coming back or older things like The Thing. There is no reason for Walking dead to come back so frequently. AHS gets away with it because it is mostly different each season. Even though I'm really looking forward to Ash vs Evil Dead this year, I don't want to see it a second time until around 2020 or later when there are far more seasons and new content to work with.

1 hour ago, Jediwhit82 said:

Good point, I was defending the idea of Halloween coming back or older things like The Thing. There is no reason for Walking dead to come back so frequently. AHS gets away with it because it is mostly different each season. Even though I'm really looking forward to Ash vs Evil Dead this year, I don't want to see it a second time until around 2020 or later when there are far more seasons and new content to work with.

So if they would have jumped on the AHS from the beginning of the show I would have welcomed a new house for each season. Because like you said, its different every season. As far as Ash Vs Evil Dead, I'm not excited at all. They classify it as a Comedy Horror Show...... If it was a horror comedy show I would be more excited. What I'm getting at is that they put the word "Comedy" before horror, meaning it is a comedy with horror elements. Not a big fan of the comedic houses, with the exception of H.R. Bloodengutz (because i was actually in that house) and Leave It To Cleaver. But to be far, both of those houses had very dark elements. They weren't in your face about the comedy. Both were gory houses. Now if AvED turns out to be a super gory house I will be pleasantly surprised and will probably enjoy it. 

49 minutes ago, Brandon said:

So if they would have jumped on the AHS from the beginning of the show I would have welcomed a new house for each season. Because like you said, its different every season. As far as Ash Vs Evil Dead, I'm not excited at all. They classify it as a Comedy Horror Show...... If it was a horror comedy show I would be more excited. What I'm getting at is that they put the word "Comedy" before horror, meaning it is a comedy with horror elements. Not a big fan of the comedic houses, with the exception of H.R. Bloodengutz (because i was actually in that house) and Leave It To Cleaver. But to be far, both of those houses had very dark elements. They weren't in your face about the comedy. Both were gory houses. Now if AvED turns out to be a super gory house I will be pleasantly surprised and will probably enjoy it. 

Oh Ash vs Evil Dead will no question be the goryiest house this year, probably the goriest since body collectors or Roanoke It's ridiculous with it. That's where much of the humor comes from.

Edited by Jediwhit82
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, mystiquephreeq said:

There were rights issues with the Alien movies because Disney owned the theme park rights to the Alien movies. AvP was another loophole. Disney owns/owned Alien franchise theme park rights, but not AvP rights. 

Anyone else think it's ironic that DISNEY owns theme park rights to Alien? They tried venturing into the world of scary attractions with Alien Encounter, where they had the opportunity to utilize the Xenomorph but failed to do so. Just drop it and let someone else get a crack at it.

Speaking of aliens, why have we not had a Sci-Fi outer space type year? The literal universe offers so much room for creativity and the scary, lonely feeling of being trapped in space. Interstellar Terror was a blast and I would prefer to see more of that.

• Like 1

Just now, Ringwraith said:

Anyone else think it's ironic that DISNEY owns theme park rights to Alien? They tried venturing into the world of scary attractions with Alien Encounter, where they had the opportunity to utilize the Xenomorph but failed to do so. Just drop it and let someone else get a crack at it.

Speaking of aliens, why have we not had a Sci-Fi outer space type year? The literal universe offers so much room for creativity and the scary, lonely feeling of being trapped in space. Interstellar Terror was a blast and I would prefer to see more of that.

Good call. It calls to mind part of Peter Vincent's monologue near the end of the original 'Fright Night.'
"Tonight, the threat comes not from beyond the grave, but from beyond the stars."

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

They've had sci-fi based houses.  I don't think you could do a "sci-fi year" because not everyone is a huge fan of that genre.  HHN has to appeal to a very broad audience - not only horror fans, but to the general public - a huge population with many tastes.  I, personally, am not a sci-fi fan per se... I like some of it, but it just doesn't get my adrenaline going the way the supernatural horror does.  Again, personal preference which usually comes from how we grew up, what scared us as kids, what kind of books we read, etc, etc.  They will never do a "sci-fi year".  Pardon the pun, but it would alienate too many people.

I would love an announcement today, but I'm not getting my hopes up or putting any money into a bet.

5 minutes ago, UUOPDarren said:

Just a friendly reminder that on this day last year, we got our full reveal.  This year, we have 3 houses announced so far. 

This is what happens when you have idiots in marketing. Mind you, this is also the same company who decided to remove a sacrifice show on the FIRST DAY because some pathetic people complained. Then they throw the politics into the park unnecessarily, too. Really turning me off Universal.

Remember when the event was more adult? I 'member.

Edited by criticalanalysis
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ringwraith said:

I agree with that second part, it's rediculous that we have a crazy asylum house once a year and yet in the 3 years I've gone I've only seen 1 s I fi house

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alice said:

Looks like Singapore made an announcement for HHN7....with an original house and an interactive website game. 

*le sigh*

I literally laughed out loud, Alice.. because I was just getting ready to respond only with le sigh.. and I saw you did!  HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!  

So, um... ditto?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Futurion said:

If we know all the houses, why are we all complaining?  Technically Universal doesn't owe us anything until the end of the month.  At this point I just feel like everyone is whining. 

I guess because nothing is official until it is official. Lack of announcements (when compared to previous years) indicate the possibility of issues. Issues this late tend to lead to crap houses (ahem...Purge).

So...I guess it's more nerves than anything. At least from my end.

• Like 3

^Understandable. Remember though, 25 didn't have the full reveal until 8/25. They had four houses announced before then and it sounds like we're getting the Jigsaw annoucement today or tomorrow. From what I've heard 25 was great.

Can any insiders say whether they've had "issues" that haven't already been mentioned (Conjuring)?

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 1