HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

Ok that last tweet is 100% about the voodoo queen! She was silenced a day or two after the event began because people cried to guest services about how evil the fake voodoo ritual was. I loved her as a character and would be 100% ok with them bringing her back!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Badge said:

Ok that last tweet is 100% about the voodoo queen! She was silenced a day or two after the event began because people cried to guest services about how evil the fake voodoo ritual was. I loved her as a character and would be 100% ok with them bringing her back!

I think you are absolutely correct. So does this mean she's getting her own house? It seems like the Ifrit is saying he hasn't started talking about scare zones yet according to one of his tweets. 

"The shift, the tide that you seek

Is not from houses to zones

It's cause is found in a leak

And things that became unknowns

I wonder if the leak he means is the Conjuring and it's replacement? I would be so happy to have this instead of TWD again. 

4 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Please no.

I try to avoid you, but she was amazing so I have to disagree with your negative comment. The actress that played her played the part so well! When she was out in the streets interacting with  guests, her banter was so good! Plus, a whole voodoo/bayou themed house would be awesome and something different. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Badge said:

I try to avoid you, but she was amazing so I have to disagree with your negative comment. The actress that played her played the part so well! When she was out in the streets interacting with  guests, her banter was so good! Plus, a whole voodoo/bayou themed house would be awesome and something different. 

AMEN!  At the end of the day this is a big win for HHN fans, we're getting an original maze instead of an IP that theyre bound to do in the next couple years anyways.

Plus theres some poetic justice in this character getting her due after being axed in 2014 for dumb reasons

Edited by UsherBscary
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, StupidStupidDan said:

Cleopatra was killed by an asp, which is a deadly (venomous) snake. If the one tweet implies a 3-in-one original house, we could see a ship from Forsaken transporting Egyption artifacts! And then add one more twist?

I want to believe that these clues are pointing toward a bayou theme (what with the Serpent and the Rainbow, "wettest hell", Voodoo Queen connections and all), but it might very well be a Mummy-related hint, given the connections to Cleopatra. Especially so because the new Mummy movie includes a female mummy. 

Also, howdy! I'm new here, sorry. Haha. 

• Like 2

Assuming this is true, then what does that mean for the AHS maze? Guessing the whole voodoo influence from AHS coven will be ignored. Given that was quite a big part of the season (other than a bunch of very ambitious bitchy women who just happen to be witches) I'm a little worried about this bit of the AHS maze.....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Drummanmatt said:

Assuming this is true, then what does that mean for the AHS maze? Guessing the whole voodoo influence from AHS coven will be ignored. Given that was quite a big part of the season (other than a bunch of very ambitious bitchy women who just happen to be witches) I'm a little worried about this bit of the AHS maze.....

They'll treat it like how Freak Show was treated, they'll make it a little more scary, little more entertaining then how the season was portrayed, I could imagine seeing some known killers like the Axe man and others that'll definitely give us a few jumps, I think people that are excited for the house this year are a little more interested in Asylum than the other two seasons, but definitely with Roanoke, we've seen them do Roanoke with cannibals, it should be interesting to see what they do with the witchcraft portion, I think we might see some originality from creative on it hopefully. 

49 minutes ago, TheLadyGator said:

hmmmm....so either Evil Dead isn't happening or maybe they are going to do the actual Ash vs Evil Dead house rather than the movies?

I'm up for anything at this point, if it happens that's great, it'll be a perfect year for it, if it doesn't then I wouldn't mind waiting for the time to come for them to give it another shot. The show is cool, the films are phenomenal, they did a good job with the remake portrayal back in 2013, it got me confused abit since Cabin In The Woods shared the same year lol but if I was told to really pick one, I would have to choose one thing to happen for it, I have to stick  with the films, so lets hope the films happen. 

1 hour ago, TheLadyGator said:

hmmmm....so either Evil Dead isn't happening or maybe they are going to do the actual Ash vs Evil Dead house rather than the movies?

Personally, I think this is confirming Evil Dead, but stating all other speculation is missing the mark.

• Like 1

I don't care if she is a good actress or not. One actress will not save a house. The "praise" for the area was literally the set and her, everything else was dull. Thematically it's a boring concept. It is not "scary" culturally to Americans. An hour up the road BGT did their house and a lot have already seen their version and it's "dulled" the theme for many in the area (in other words it is not going to be a draw). 

Edited by criticalanalysis
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, sikbyrd350 said:

Personally, I think this is confirming Evil Dead, but stating all other speculation is missing the mark.

Ahhhhh gotcha. That makes more sense. So does that mean SAW, Insidious and Dark Fortunes aren't set in stone? It seems we have confirmed Gothic/Catacombs Original, Scarecrow Original, Voodoo Queen Original, AHS, the Shining and Evil Dead. 

Also, I'm curious about the identity of the Ifrit. Is he someone actually leaking insider information, or is he a paid Universal employee who's job it is to drop hints for fanboys/girls? Either way, I'm loving the riddles. Just curious. 

Edited by TheLadyGator
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

An hour up the road BGT did their house and a lot have already seen their version and it's "dulled" the theme for many in the area (in other words it is not going to be a draw). 

I'm willing to bet a lot of the people that travel to Orlando from out of state/country for HHN haven't gone an hour north, or seen a voodoo queen/house, so even if this has dulled if for the locals, there are plenty of non-locals that will enjoy the theme (myself included, provided they do a good job).  Coming from right outside of Tarrytown, NY, I've seen all the Headless Horseman has to offer, but still understand the draw from non-locals, and head up there a few times a year for the atmosphere.

Edited by sikbyrd350
a word

9 minutes ago, TheLadyGator said:

Ahhhhh gotcha. That makes more sense. So does that mean SAW, Insidious and Dark Fortunes aren't set in stone? It seems we have confirmed Gothic/Catacombs Original, Scarecrow Original, Voodoo Queen Original, AHS, the Shining and Evil Dead. 

Also, I'm curious about the identity of the Ifrit. Is he someone actually leaking insider information, or is he a paid Universal employee who's job it is to drop hints for fanboys/girls? Either way, I'm loving the riddles. Just curious. 

I don't think so. "Dark Fortunes" still seems to be in the game so far. As he said:

Which was hinting at "The Conjuring" being replaced by "Voodoo Queen Maze". And again I think he knows we are right on the Properties you listed but we are missing the point of films for Saw and Insidious.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheLadyGator said:

Just touching on the IP's, I think we've confirmed that Ash vs Evil Dead will really be a ED 1 & 2 house, AHS is season 2, 3, & 6, and The Shining is Stanly Kubrick's vision, not King's.  While SAW & Insidious may be the other IP's, it doesn't appear we have any details other than there are new movies coming out. 

• Like 1

Just now, TheLadyGator said:

Newest Post (I have no idea how to imbed)

"1, 2, and 3, the riddles I have spun

The original works found in this run"

"3, 2, or 1? The works still not quite known

Somethings have been shifting, others have grown"

If referring to IP's, Insidious related, since there were only 3 movies, as opposed to the 28 in the SAW series.

• Like 3

Just now, sikbyrd350 said:

If referring to IP's, Insidious related, since there were only 3 movies, as opposed to the 28 in the SAW series.

That's what I was thinking!

Could also be something referring to the Evil Dead. There were 3 Bruce Campbell movies. I know it's been rumored that they are using 1&2, but what about Army of Darkness? 

Just now, TheLadyGator said:

That's what I was thinking!

Could also be something referring to the Evil Dead. There were 3 Bruce Campbell movies. I know it's been rumored that they are using 1&2, but what about Army of Darkness? 

True, I didn't think of that, only because the "source" on here specifically said ED 1 & 2.  Maybe "Somethings have been shifting, others have grown" refers to the inclusion of AoD.  If we look at it from the Insidious POV, since the release date for 4 has moved, part 3 plays a bigger role as a set-up for 4? Or shifting the room order to 3-1-2, since 3 was a prequel to the first two?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sikbyrd350 said:

I'm willing to bet a lot of the people that travel to Orlando from out of state/country for HHN haven't gone an hour north, or seen a voodoo queen/house, so even if this has dulled if for the locals, there are plenty of non-locals that will enjoy the theme (myself included, provided they do a good job)

Appreciate you sharing your perspective. Have you been to BGT and done Death Water Bayou, curiously? Did you enjoy it the first time, or on repeat visits?

I loved it the first time only for the intro - then the rest was bleh to me.

Edited by criticalanalysis

Apparently this is a touchy subject but I agree with Critical about a Voodoo Queen maze. After they removed the sacrifice show can anyone tell me anything that was outstanding about that scarezone?

Honestly at HHNs worst it still blows away the competition but when it's at its best it's ridiculously good. I think its a fair opinion critique what has worked really well and what has been less than top notch. Everyone has preferences about what does and doesn't work for them. Some of the houses I've looked forward to the most due to theming have sometimes resulting in bottom rankings in their execution. I was beyond hyped for Run BS&Fs but that house lost all momentum after the entrance. I never got a good run in Texas Chainsaw last year and having just watched the movie before it was announced for the first time I was really excited (or maybe it just didn't work for me.) 

I'm really disappointed with the Blumhouse Mashup speculation. I think if it happens it'll be a mess. AHS as a show sucks buts its obvious that passion and budget was in that house and resulted pretty well. I don't think the same will occur with Blumhouse. Having something like the Thing would have really rounded out the lineup in my opinion. If Blumhouse is true it'll now be Insidious (which we've done before and does anyone else remember the second American Werewolf? Disappointing AND a repeat) and it's half concocted cousin taking up two spots.

But since is speculation and not a blog about my feelings:

AHS: last year was good and I thought they used all the worst seasons. This year should be outstanding

Evil Dead: Groovy. Really excited 

Saw: probably the only one who thinks this will be good. If they're returning to it I imagine they have a really good concept and execution.

Originals: All sound great

25 was the most "Halloweeny" of the years I've attended and I liked it. I hope some of that carries over to this year. My hope for the scarezones is-

New York: not an apocalypse (These are always my favorite zones on paper but Mad Max doesn't scare me)

Front area: I think this area works best when its foreboding. Like the SZ equivalent to a dirge.

Terminator Street: (I'm at a loss for names) works best as a high intensity gauntlet.

And I'd like Central Park to be Halloweenish.

This post turned into much longer than I expected but TL;DR we don't have to unanimously agree on house concepts but its great when everyones excited 

• Like 3

I personally don't think it's fair to judge Original content until you see exactly what the concept is. IP's you get an idea

of what you'll see, but we can't warp into Mike Aiello or whoever's brain.

I personally think comparing a scarezone that was cut at its knees with a not even 100% confirmed house is...iffy.

• Like 3