HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

Just now, StupidStupidDan said:

Almost? I'm pretty sure I was cracking up at watching them stumble around a wading pool.

Universal: "You'll be the church water zombie!"

Scareactor: "Wow, that's amazing! How unique!"

<shows up first day>

Scareactor: "What the fuck?"

Rest of the season he treads in a pool looking like a moron while crying he's getting paid terribly to do this.

:D

• Like 4

Pro-Tip for those who never went through the Saw maze: All it was is looking at the "death traps" that actors are in. It wasn't scary in the slightest because you knew the traps are fake. The environment was also dull given the movies' sets are dull. Add in the now-embarrassing narrations from the Jigsaw character with a bit of teenage edgelord and there you have it, Saw the maze.

Edited by criticalanalysis
  • Like 3

Just now, criticalanalysis said:

Pro-Tip for those who never went through the Saw maze: All it was is looking at the "death traps" that actors are in. It wasn't scary in the slightest because you knew the traps are fake. The environment was also dull given the movies' sets are dull.

I'd imagine that timing must play a big role while going through this house. In theory, if you're unlucky you could probably miss all the action. I'll probably have to go through this one several times to actually get all the scenes. I hope the behind the scenes tour covers this house.

1 minute ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

I'd imagine that timing must play a big role while going through this house. In theory, if you're unlucky you could probably miss all the action. I'll probably have to go through this one several times to actually get all the scenes. I hope the behind the scenes tour covers this house.

If they actually made it like the RUN: Hostile Territory or Saws 'n Steam house we'd be in for a semi-treat. The "Saw" elements kill it, though :( But yeah, you're right.

I suppose if Insidious is crammed into the mashup and that frees up a spot for an original that would be a good thing. This is especially true if they didn't have enough quality material for Insidious to have it's own house. I just hope whatever does replace it isn't a 3d house.

• Like 4

RE: wading pools.
The best was if you went through during a change and they were empty.   It was a weird thing because they were able to pull a similar effect off with the hatchery in AvP by having you slowly go up ramps on the way there, so they had room to build underneath by that time and you didn't realize it.  That TWD house was just lazy.

34 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Let me tip my non-existant hat to the construction crews who come in and build the shit and are able to keep their mouths shut. 

For real.  I would imagine they could sell that info for a few bucks to one of the theme park sites.

• Like 2

Somewhat OT, but why was Mary never featured in the anniversary years? I can only assume 18 just wasn't profitable because A)--it took place during the brunt of the stock market crash, and B)--unlike 19, no IPs (not well known, at least--Doomsday doesn't count) to keep attendance afloat. Can anyone confirm this?

Oh, and @ ThNdlzNiR: from what Manics posted on OU, it sounds like a Bayou maze (based off the scare zone from 24, correct?)

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

Mary is complicated.  The trademark is a standard character mark. Basically, this type of mark gives broad rights and is literal. The trademark is for the actual words. Universal can't use the words Bloody Mary to describe her. 

Now, Mike Aiello created the backstory and character of Dr. Mary Agana. I have always contended that UO can use Dr. Agana, they just can't call her Bloody Mary. And that's the problem. Most people would have no idea who Dr. Agana is. She lost her "screenname". It'd be like Dr. Albert Caine losing the use of The Caretaker. Insert Icon, remove Iconic Name. 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

What other years have you gone?

I've actually only gone 23 - the present. In my opinion each one of those years had a major flaw they fixed the next year only to result in another.

23: TWD everywhere

24: Houses were either really good or unremarkable 

25: No actual complaints except the repeat of American Werewolf but I'm not going honestly imply that affected my opinion 

26: Cool concepts, weak executions

My problem with repeats is actually perfectly displayed by Ghosttown last year. From what I've read the original Ghosttown is Legacys favorite house of all time. Naturally aside from what sounded like a cool theme I thought that it would be HOTY. The end result wasn't terrible but it felt like a retread and I didn't even do the original. If someone who has done the original could chime in I'd appreciate it but while it was cool it didn't blow me away. I'd rather the house slot be something new or a twist on an old concept. 

2 hours ago, Midnight Detective said:

From what I've read the original Ghosttown is Legacys favorite house of all time. Naturally aside from what sounded like a cool theme I thought that it would be HOTY. The end result wasn't terrible but it felt like a retread and I didn't even do the original. If someone who has done the original could chime in I'd appreciate it but while it was cool it didn't blow me away.

I did the original, it was my first year. The new Ghost Town was awful comparably. Not even remotely close the same feel, didn't capture what made the original fun (eg: They had  cowboy near the front in the sand part here...

image141.jpg

...talking to you, welcoming you in to the saloon. This new version was terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible.

Even something small...

image5.jpeg?w=648

vs how they spelled it in the original (top right)

ghosttown.jpg

They tried WAY too hard and missed the shot entirely.

Edited by criticalanalysis
  • Like 1