HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

22 minutes ago, Badge said:

I'm glad you found this! Like I said a few posts ago, it has a very "Day of the Dead" feel. Would be a little surprised if the overall theme is not connected to it in some form.

now that you mention candle, skull  and roses  are three thing  with day of the dead

Candles represent fire and are a light guiding them back to visit the land of the living 

roses are  most icion with santa murte

skull are most regizalble image with day of the dead

More and more digging into the Day of the Dead history just has me leaning more towards it.

First off, lets talk about the Alter which is a big part of the tradition:

-- It has multiple levels (with the candles) which follows tradition. 

--It has flowers, which it is believed the scent of the flowers will make the returning soul feel welcome

--It has water (with the ripple of water in the graphic), which is believed to calm the souls thirst after a long journey back to the living world

--It has candles, which is believed to show the soul the way to the living world and back to the dead. 

We also can't ignore the very detailed design work of the skull on the border. It has markings (like the web on the forehead) that are prominently featured in Day of the Dead celebrations.  

Another big part of the traditional Alter is an Arch which is believed to be the "gateway" to the living world and back into the dead world. While no arch is in the graphic, they sure do have a massive arch at the entrance to the event. They could do some minor decor outside the Arch to give it more of a traditional Alter feel. 

Finally, a little bit of text from the wiki on the Day of the Dead "...narrating a dream of a cemetery in the future, "and all of us were dead"..." The line "and all of us were dead" sounds pretty close to "all our times will come" that they are using as the tagline. The tagline could be directed at us, the guest, saying that all of us will eventually cross over to the dead world at some point, but here is just a little peak into that world just like the dead are believed to get one day back in the normal world on the Day of the Dead. 

What if instead of the dead crossing over into our world, we are going through the gateway (the arch) into the dead world? The Icon (most likely the "Lady of the Dead" to stick with tradition) is putting on a "Day of the Living" celebration to show us living souls what the dead world is all about.

Edited by Badge
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Badge said:

More and more digging into the Day of the Dead history just has me leaning more towards it.

--It has flowers, which it is believed the scent of the flowers will make the returning soul feel welcome

--It has water (with the ripple of water in the graphic), which is believed to calm the souls thirst after a long journey back to the living world

--It has candles, which is believed to show the soul the way to the living world and back to the dead. 

We also can't ignore the very detailed design work of the skull on the border. It has markings (like the web on the forehead) that are prominently featured in Day of the Dead celebrations.  

Another big part of the traditional Alter is an Arch used which is believed to be the "gateway" to the living world and back into the dead world. While no arch is in the graphic, they sure do have a massive arch at the entrance to the event. They could do some minor decor outside the Arch to give it more of a traditional Alter feel. 

Finally, a little bit of text from the wiki on the Day of the Dead "...narrating a dream of a cemetery in the future, "and all of us were dead"..." The line "and all of us were dead" sounds pretty close to "all our times will come" that they are using as the tagline. The tagline could be directed at us, the guest, saying that all of us will eventually cross over to the dead world at some point, but here is just a little peak into that world just like the dead are believed to get one day back in the normal world on the Day of the Dead. 

What if instead of the dead crossing over into our world, we are going through the gateway (the arch) into the dead world? The Icon (most likely the "Lady of the Dead" to stick with tradition) is putting on a "Day of the Living" celebration to show us living souls what the dead world is all about.

i think you on to something i know something was up when i saw i saw the desing on the skull

• Like 1

There is a song by Anathema called the Deep from the album Judgement that

references "all our times will come"

Feel my heart burning
Deep inside yearning
I know it is coming

A fettered heart, waking...
A tainted youth, fading...
Leave it all behind
Delirious again
Mesmerise my senses
Our souls entwine one more time

All our times will come
Certain oblivion
Leaving nothing but the memories of
All the things you give
They're all you'll leave behind.......

15 minutes ago, Badge said:

Another big part of the traditional Alter is an Arch which is believed to be the "gateway" to the living world and back into the dead world. While no arch is in the graphic, they sure do have a massive arch at the entrance to the event. They could do some minor decor outside the Arch to give it more of a traditional Alter feel. 

this post is incredibly well thought out... i dig it. and I hope you are on to something. Although I cant make it this year a DotD theme would be so awesome!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, timbo8 said:

this was great what hhn singapore did with there day of dead theme

When the scaremony finally starts around the 20 minute mark, what do we see? Oh yeah, a projection of skulls that look very much like the Orlando background with a bunch of red roses on top. Toss in some fire, an evil looking skull "center piece" where the DJ is, and would you look at that, Arch's where all the monsters appeared out of! I'm going to be pretty surprised if the Day of the Dead is not part of the event some how. There are just way to many elements that connect to the Day of the Dead and not nearly enough elements related to Cindy or the Caretakers. Since when do they like fancy skulls, candles and roses?

Just to jump on the potential hints in the graphic/logo:

-There are 6 candles. 5 are lit, one has gone out.

-There are 4 roses

-If candles = IP houses, and roses = originals, then....

-5 IP houses (6 minus the one IP that's rumored to have gone away) and 4 originals = 9 houses.

Kind of a stretch since I'm sure this was designed weeks (months?) before they had the rumored issues with The Conjuring.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StupidStupidDan said:

-There are 4 roses

-5 IP houses (6 minus the one IP that's rumored to have gone away) and 4 originals = 9 houses.

Kind of a stretch since I'm sure this was designed weeks (months?) before they had the rumored issues with The Conjuring.

This actually makes a lot of sense, because then the lineup would be:

IP's:

- AHS(Asylum, Coven, Roanoke)

- The Shining

- Evil Dead

- Saw

- Blumhouse Mashup

Originals:

- Dark Fortunes(if it's true)

- Bayou of Blood

- Scarecrow Maze

- Catacombs/Gothic

21 minutes ago, StupidStupidDan said:

-There are 4 roses

There are a total of 9 candles, not 6. Under the graphic there are three that are not lit. There are also 5 roses. One is a little hidden behind a bone. 

Granted, I still think they mean something. We have 6 "bright" candles on the shelves. One is not lit. I feel like they were all going to be lit but one was left out because of the rumors that an IP feel through. We would have had 6 lit candles (for 6 IP's) but now it is just 5. The four unlit candles would be for the original houses. The 5 roses are for the zones.

Edited by Badge

I'm a little new to this forum, but has stuff like candles/roses/bones foreshadowed houses/icons to come before?

It's interesting that Cindy keeps coming up and the theme appears to be Dia De Las Muertas, since celebrations for DotD generally happen in graveyards and cemeteries...where the Caretaker and his family used bodies for experiments. Just a thought. Probably means nothing though. 

Edited by TheLadyGator
  • Like 1

Got a pop up survey on the HHN website. Nothing too interesting. "Does AHS make you more interested, less interested, or no change in attending the event?", "Where do you plan on buying tickets?", "Where did you hear about the HHN website?", etc.

And while I personally don't really feel one way or another, I got you, fam...

2n9ml2o.png

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Oysterhead00 said:

Since this is your first time, will post the obvious in case you didn't know - you get express for each house and MOST rides (they can omit the express option for something new like Fallon) ONE time per night.  So a good rule to follow is if the line is less than 30min, just go through the regular line and keep track of them.  That way, if you wanted to hit a house a second time when the waits are 2 hours long, you still have your express eligibility for that house.  Nothing is funnier than the park JUST opening after doing Stay and Scream and seeing people having their express passes scanned while those in the regular line pass them by since they don't need to be scanned :)

Also, I believe the official rule of thumb is that express cuts your wait time in half.  It's almost always shorter than that, but every year you hear people bitching about how they had to wait 30min for express (when wait times are posted as 90min) and they bought it being told they could "skip the lines".  Don't think you can show up at 10pm and then hammer them all out in 2 hours because of express.

Thanks mate, much appreciated. Got tickets booked can't wait!

Thank god the tickets got announced and I love the theme of the website. It looks like a combo of Catacombs, Day of the Dead, and a hint of voodoo. 

At first I thought that The Voodoo Queen from HHN 24 was going to be the icon, because of the white skull inside the frame and with the lit candles. But then that slogan "all our times will come," sounds like Cindy. Or at least maybe the Caretaker making his return. 

Maybe The Caretaker and Cindy will be the icons of HHN 27? The story line would be that Albert Caine finally captured the soul of a victim and used it to bring Cindy to life! I think this because in HHN 12 or 16, Cindy was dead in Scream House and that's why The Caretaker is the way he is? So Cindy is brought to life, after many failed attempts, and is ready for her revenge! 

Hipefully soon, the icon is announced at midnight tonight, or at least sometime this month!

I'm still really hoping for a year of Cindy/Caretaker but the Day of the Dead doesn't seem to far off. This is a major stretch, but maybe the Caretaker makes a deal with Lady Death to bring back Cindy and with Cindy comes the entire land of the dead. 

But then that would mean A&D would have to give us 3 icons and we all know that won't happen considering they have a hard enough time with 1 icon. 

2 hours ago, TheLadyGator said:

I'm a little new to this forum, but has stuff like candles/roses/bones foreshadowed houses/icons to come before?

Yes and no. Past websites have ha subtle clues to hint toward the icon. 

In 08, the gender of the mysterious doctor was only hinted at, initially, through the items left by her grandmother. 

I think the question we would really need to ask is: Who's work is this? Is this marketing or creative?

The answer to that question would tell us how much credence we should give to clues being within the art work. 

Too many to quote:

I'm not seeing a Dias de los Muertos design in the skull. To me, it is more Terra Cruentas. It's too geometrical(?) for Dias de los Muertos for me. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

Yeah I agree with you entirely. It's amazing that I'm reading that because people noticed a cool license plate, some follow a main scareactor's Twitter page, and some people notice when an icon character walk into the park that means they're "stalkers." Shocking to see what constitutes "stalking" to this forum. And when I asked for evidence of actual stalking no one had it.

What I said was that I wasn't going to go collect it for you -- I'm not your google. You know more people on the inside than I do, you can listen to them or ignore them, I don't much care which. And absolutely the license plate nonsense crossed the lines of appropriate behavior. And we're going to leave it there.

On a separate note, has no one noticed the similarity between the tag line on the site and the first line of "Don't Fear the Reaper"?

Edited by Guest
formatting only