HHN 27 Speculation

hhnfan95

1 hour ago, HHNManics said:

It's not IT. It's not The Lost Boys. My Source Confirmed it wasn't TWD. But I have heard two other possibilities for the Replacement.

One is just one film and it's a Iconic One. Someone has already said it.

The Other one is something odd, almost like a bunch films that have to do with the word Missing. Like something that is already happening.

Jesus Christ, so universal might finally do Silence of the Lambs??! And also maybe the mashup might be the Blumhouse.

32 minutes ago, Tich0las said:

Silence of the Lambs would be awesome! 

But, I'm hoping the clue refers to when I mentioned The Thing ;).

Nvm it is the thing, I just saw what HHNManics posted on the forums.

2 hours ago, wow said:

So just a quick question about the Blumhouse Mashup, if it were to come to Orlando would it still be at Hollywood? Because if not then Hollywood would be dropping a maze and lowering their count to 7.

No the maze count is staying the same for Hollywood. This is the Orlando thread, this is a question for the Hollywood thread since it deals with our maze counts. 

13 hours ago, Oysterhead00 said:

Uni wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole right now.  MAYBE when the show has been off the air for x years and all rights have reverted back to Dimension Films they'll try again.  But the show being on hiatus and being revamped doesn't mean they'd face any less trouble than last time.

Then it'll be another long wait to get it back if that show doesn't end. I'll be honest, the show isn't really that good, I understand its appealing to teens and that's what it was about in the films up until the sequels but really the show will obtain what the movies had going for them. 

So reading your post on OU, are we getting both Thing and Blumhouse or just one of those? Is another original property supposed to be the other replacement? Or is there just one house being "replaced?"

In case of Blumhouse, i've got some homework to do!

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

22 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

So reading your post on OU, are we getting both Thing and Blumhouse or just one of those? Is another original property supposed to be the other replacement? Or is there just one house being "replaced?"

In case of Blumhouse, i've got some homework to do!

The originals are set it looks but The Conjuring might be replaced with either The Thing or a different IP involving "MISSING", one house is being replaced. I don't think it would be the Blumhouse maze, honestly idk even that would actually be a possible thing, it would probably just be Insidious again for Hollywood and we were probably going to get the Conjuring and that was it. 

Edited by HorrorUnearthed

wait-- so now The Thing is replacing TWD which is replacing the conjuring? What is our suspected lineup for Orlando? I am so busy with work that I haven't hard an easy time keeping up with speculation. 

No Blumhouse is replacing Conjuring. I was wrong on The Thing or TWD. The Thing and TWD were being considered. But Orlando will be sharing the Blumhouse Mashup with Hollywood now. The Thing is gonna be a Hollywood Exclusive. The Properties that are most likely making a Appearance are..

- Purge Series

- Ouija Series 

- Split

- Get Out

- Sinister 

- Green Inferno

Suspected lineup is...

- AHS (Confirmed)

- Shining (Confirmed)

- Saw

- Evil Dead

- Insidous 

- Blumhouse Mashup

- Catacombs/Gothic Crossover 

- Dark Fortunes 

- Scarecrow Maze

Edited by HHNManics
  • Like 1

Suspected lineup is...

- AHS (Confirmed) - shit

- Shining (Confirmed) - either going to be great or "Exorcist" average

- Saw -boring repeat

- Evil Dead - boring repeat

- Insidous - repeat, worthy of improvements from last time

- Blumhouse Mashup - average IPs

- Catacombs/Gothic Crossover  -YES CANNOT WAIT

- Dark Fortunes - going to suck

- Scarecrow Maze - 3D? if so, suck

• Like 2

My own personal opinions on the lineup at this point:

AHS 2.0 - I liked the first house. I'm fine with this coming back. It was never not going to come back.

The Shining - All logic suggests this should be great so I'm gonna hope so. I actually liked Exorcist so I won't mind it if it ends up like that.

Saw - This is the IP and House I'm really sorta meh on. A house of just watching things happen to people is not terribly interesting and Saw should be a dead franchise IMO.

Evil Dead - I'm not counting this as a repeat because the tone is gonna be completely different. This is probably the Evil Dead that they in A&D probably wanted to do anyway. So I trust they'll do it well.

Insidious - I wish it wasn't so soon after but the first house wasn't bad but had some flaws. I'm guessing that Chapter 4 might be the last Insidious film because of the prequel aspect. So maybe that's why this is being done. I mean, how many more of those films can they make.

Blumhouse Mashup - Comes down to the IP's they use. Purge is obvious. Get Out and Split should be in. Sinister will probably be there. Maybe The Visit because M Night. Those are the obvious ones IMO.

Catacombs vs Gothic - This should be fucking great. Easy crossover so they don't even have to jump too many hoops to make it happens. 

Dark Fortunes - I'll judge this once I see exactly what tone FT Cindy is gonna have. If they go more dark with it, I'll have more liking. If they go the 2007 Commercial route...meh. Hey, it won't be 3D, so that's already a plus.

Scarecrow Maze - Hints signify this as not 3D so thank goodness. Just kill the 3D Maze please. I really need to hear more about the exact theming of this. Dust Bowl is an interesting setting if that's what people are getting from it. But until exact details, can't dip too much into this one.

I'm still sorta suspect on Insidious or Blumhouse but I'll eat my words come reveal time. 

Also Orlando is already giving the "Soon" out again which based on last time means like another two weeks. Hollywood is saying mid-June so I think I'm not far off. I'm guessing Evil Dead is the closer IP? Or maybe they just finish with the Original Reveal.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Just kill the 3D Maze please. I really need to hear more about the exact theming of this. Dust Bowl is an interesting setting if that's what people are getting from it. But until exact details, can't dip too much into this one.

Amen. Completely agree. 

I'm interested in some scarezone speculation now. That seems to be where the "wow, some will love, some will hate" came from.

PS - advanced year rating is 6/10.

Edited by criticalanalysis

4 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Amen. Completely agree. 

I'm interested in some scarezone speculation now. That seems to be where the "wow, some will love, some will hate" came from.

PS - advanced year rating is 6/10.

6/10 on the criticalanalysis scale is easily 9/10 on a typical scale. We are in for a real treat this year!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, criticalanalysis said:

Suspected lineup is...

- AHS (Confirmed) - shit

- Shining (Confirmed) - either going to be great or "Exorcist" average

- Saw -boring repeat

- Evil Dead - boring repeat

- Insidous - repeat, worthy of improvements from last time

- Blumhouse Mashup - average IPs

- Catacombs/Gothic Crossover  -YES CANNOT WAIT

- Dark Fortunes - going to suck

- Scarecrow Maze - 3D? if so, suck

I mean this in the nicest way, but if you dislike the event so much, why do you keep going? 

Anyways, if they do have a BH mashup house, how do you think they'll do it? I'm thinking it might be like Monsters and Mayhem where each room is something different but even then, I don't see how that could work with the properties that BH has. Also, does anyone know (or think they know) which version of Evil Dead will be used? 

8 minutes ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

Also, does anyone know (or think they know) which version of Evil Dead will be used? 

It's gonna be called "Ash Vs Evil Dead" for Promotional Purposes but won't include any Scenes from the Show. It Will include Scenes from "The Evil Dead" (Original) and Scenes from "Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn".

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

I mean this in the nicest way, but if you dislike the event so much, why do you keep going? 

Anyways, if they do have a BH mashup house, how do you think they'll do it? I'm thinking it might be like Monsters and Mayhem where each room is something different but even then, I don't see how that could work with the properties that BH has. Also, does anyone know (or think they know) which version of Evil Dead will be used? 

the version of evil dead they´re using is evil dead 1 and 2

Just now, HHNManics said:

It's gonna be called "Ash Vs Evil Dead" for Promotional Purposes but won't include any Scenes from the Show. It Will include Scenes from "The Evil Dead" (Original) and Scenes from "Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn".

jinx

1 hour ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

I don't "dislike" it I am just a realistic critic. Others, even many here, are shockingly complacent with mediocrity. I go because I enjoy it enough to continue the trend of going to the event since HHN 14. Missing a year is lost to time. Interesting mechanism to pull guests in, I think.

Edited by criticalanalysis
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, HHNManics said:

Semantics.  The show has already gone back to the woods and the cabin.  Pablo, the bar, the morgue, etc won't show up, but it will still tie in nicely to the show because of the locations from Evil Dead 2 all being covered.

I'm sure they'll sneak in some eastereggs from the show (like a blender with a pink fruity concoction in it).  And for anybody who's only seen the show, the cabin, necronomicon, the iconic car, the evil hand, the thing in the basement of the cabin, deer head, etc will all show up for them.  They just might be confused why the house only included locations from 2 episodes and ignored the other 18 or whatever but it will still tie into the show.

Hey guys! I've always been one to read the forums, but never one to talk, but I had a question. The release date for the 4th Insidious has been pushed back to January 5th 2018. Do you think that it will have anything to do with the line up, or do you believe that it won't matter? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Halloween24710 said:

Hey guys! I've always been one to read the forums, but never one to talk, but I had a question. The release date for the 4th Insidious has been pushed back to January 5th 2018. Do you think that it will have anything to do with the line up, or do you believe that it won't matter? 

Won't matter. The creative teams are probably so close to Whannell or whoever' doing it that they probably have access to scenes already, even a script. Now it becomes a promotional Maze as well.