Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

37 minutes ago, Tich0las said:

I'll go ahead and list some originals considered to be highly regarded by creative or fans:

People Under The Stairs

So I guess the question is: Does our requel feature an icon?

So The People Under the Stairs wasn't based off the Wes Craven movie?

That is the question... Icon house or no icon house?

Not exactly breaking news (it was to me though), but apparently  M Night Shyamalan is rebooting Tales from the Crypt (Crypt Keeper included :mellow:) for the TNT network this fall. Between Shyamalan and the fact it's no longer on HBO this has a recipe for disaster (comparatively) written all over it. I loved the original show, so I'm really hoping it's not as bad as I think it's going to be.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

My totally uninformed, 20 min thought, no research, etc, etc, etc picks.  Probably doesn't match the 3 originals being speculated.  Whatever.  Figure Legacy opens up a bit more each time someone throws out some guesses, so the worst thing that can happen is he jumps in to shoot something down :)

The first thing is my guess followed by (what I want). 

• The unannounced: The return (Parade) ......Jurassic World - really have NO CLUE on this one, but JP in IOA has had a prominent role in past HHNs and the Velociraptor "costumes" are amazing and would be insane in a house.  Not gonna happen, but I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.  And it would piss off a bunch of people not fitting in with the HHN vibe so it fits some other hints about purists not liking it.  (John Carpenter's The Thing - The remake sucked as a movie so doing it properly would be amazing)
  • The unannounced: The expected.........Krampus (Krampus)
  • The unannounced: The returning.......The Walking Dead (Cabin in the Woods - Wishful thinking on my part since I missed it)
  • The unannounced: The requeling.......Nightengales (HELLGATE PRISON!!!!!)
  • The unannounced: Claustrophic jewel (Tent 1).......Some PG-13 supernatural teen horror crap (Some kind of Pyramid-based house)
  • The unknown.....Poltergeist - it's not really been speculated and had the remake last year, so why not?  (Ash vs Evil Dead or Killer Klowns - I know Ash has been shot down and KKFOS is not really "unknown" because it's been speculated so much, but they HAVE to make an appearance on my list and this wildcard allows me to put them there)
  • Shall not be named....Candyman.  It's been rumored and I THINK you summons him like Bloody Mary by saying his name into a mirror, so why not?  (Bloody Mary!  Maybe they cleared up the rights issues and can get her back.)
Then, my big guess that I'm not sure where it fits in to...the new Japanese movie The Grudge vs The Ring.  It would fit a lot of specs about returning (I assume), the unknown, not being speculated about, the pissing off people since it's coming out in a Japanese version and not an Americanized version yet, etc, etc, etc. 

Don't feel the need to ridicule my thoughts as I already know how dumb they/(most of them) are.

On May 13, 2016 at 8:10 PM, Legacy said:

That said, I'm confident I know 89% of the houses this year. It's a strong line-up, with legit surprises and disappointments to keep the cynic in me satisfied.

For those interested, this still hasn't changed.

1 hour ago, criticalanalysis said:

I'm more interested in knowing how the execution of the houses, scare zones, etc are going to be. Without spoilers, can we expect them to do things differently this year in any regard?

Well we know for sure that the lines for some of the houses will be altered. With Twister under construction, its not clear where the line will be going for that house. Also, with the construction bumping out by the gate next to the stage, its not clear what effect that will have either (other than the fact that we lost a very popular bathroom making all the others that much more busy. Why can't we have the massive bathrooms that Hollywood has?!?!). 

I also think they will use the final version of the Shrek house queue they used last year where guests could walk down the street instead of having the whole path blocked off for the queue. 

Besides those lines, I don't see much else changing. The MIB house (if that is still a location) is the big unknown on how that line will work. 

Edited by Badge
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Badge said:

Well we know for sure that the lines for some of the houses will be altered. With Twister under construction, its not clear where the line will be going for that house. Also, with the construction bumping out by the gate next to the stage, its not clear what effect that will have either (other than the fact that we lost a very popular bathroom making all the others that much more busy. Why can't we have the massive bathrooms that Hollywood has?!?!). 

hehe... It's pretty funny how much more busy certain bathrooms are than others. The bathroom building outside Bill & Ted where the Jaws ride used to be (along with a house) was the one we used to go to the 1st couple years and it was a madhouse. Then I came to the realization that there had to be a better way and found 2 other bathrooms that were constantly almost empty or large enough that it didn't matter. I think people in general are creatures of habit, which is probably why some are always packed. If I'm thinking of the correct bathroom you're referring to, that indeed was 1 of the busier locations. Some of the guests are probably going to be lost and confused for sure. 

1)  Sorry for my last post.  It was from my tablet and Legacy's quote came over gray, so while trying to turn the text white I somehow accidentally made it a really obnoxious size, color and font.

2)  I'll miss Twister so much!  My friend did a spot on Bill Paxton "Finger of God" impression that we all loved, the attraction was so much fun, and especially fun late on HHN nights where they gave up on the video and stuff in the beginning and you just walked right into the attraction and they started it every so often.  GREAT time waster and break from walking around.

3)  They damn well better put the push button cow someplace!  I don't care if they hide it in some frequently untraveled place like by the shut down video order things in Rip Rocket, but it has to be somewhere where you can go and press the button :)  

Edited by Oysterhead00
Fixed my fat finger typos
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Dead Inside said:

Unknown posted some stuff on Twitter:

TWD is back (as some said on OU the other day)

6 zones

A megahouse

Also "2 Returning IP's with different content", not counting TCM. One is likely TWD, the other...sticking to Halloween 2 for now. Nothing seems to have gone against it....

• Like 1

A "megahouse", an added zone, 6 IPs, 9 houses total, and 2 (don't see why this would change) shows? Seems the event received a decent budget boost. And also some things make a lot more sense now. 

There's going to be the inevitable bitching about returning IPs, but I've gotta say this year has one of the strongest IP lineups of HHN history, imo. The only wasted spot I think is TWD, because I firmly believe that it's just not as popular as it used to be when it comes to HHN. Krampus is something a lot of us want, so I'll give it a pass on calling it a wasted spot, even though it's obviously the least popular of the 6. If they deliver on these houses, I think it'll make up for possibly missing the "epic" feel of the 25th anniversary. But man is this year going to be packed...

I've no idea what house could be the megahouse. I would assume an original, and not in tent 1 (obvi). I don't expect it to be the requel (which has been said many times folks, look back and you'll find it), so it must be the third that I know nothing about, and really hope to keep it that way. I'm very interested in hearing about the zones and (HOPEFULLY) the second show. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, foREVer56 said:

I've no idea what house could be the megahouse. I would assume an original, and not in tent 1 (obvi). I don't expect it to be the requel (which has been said many times folks, look back and you'll find it), so it must be the third that I know nothing about, and really hope to keep it that way. I'm very interested in hearing about the zones and (HOPEFULLY) the second show. 

I'm fairly certain they wouldn't waste a megahouse on something they didn't have the ultimate faith in...

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Legacy said:

I'm fairly certain they wouldn't waste a megahouse on something they didn't have the ultimate faith in...

lol... "the ultimate faith"... sounds pretty serious. 

It must be another TWD megahouse then. They've had enough faith in that franchise to not only bring it back 4 years in a row (already), they had enough faith to theme the whole park with it and make a permanent attraction with it out west.

I hope that isn't the kind of "ultimate faith" we're talking about.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

55 minutes ago, Legacy said:

Are you trying to make me think my Jurassic World insanity might be possible?  Ha ha ha.  Funny how you can pull something out of your @$$ and then get a vague clue that makes you start to think you might kinda....possibly....be on to something.

(No, I don't think I'm right in any way shape or form.  Kinda hopping for a balls-out Hellraiser house with Clive Barker's involvement!)

I still think the "megahouse" and the requel house are the same thing. I think 25 Years of Monsters and Mayham worked really well last year as the "megahouse". With now 25 years of houses, they could turn the concept of sticking a bunch of different past houses into one long house every single year without repeating much. It's been said that requel is not a prequel or a sequel to any house but more of a updated repeat of a house concept. This fits the definition perfectly. A sort of "best of the best" mashup house concept. 

Still, if the "megahouse" turns out to be Krampus, I will be so excited! They just better not put it into a tent. The Krampus house needs to be cold and tents are far from that! If it is TWD then I think a lot of people will be disappointed. 

The permits for a third tent are interesting. They have more than enough room by the other two tents to build two or more. They might not want to take the risk of trying a new, very odd location. It's a fully outdoor queue location that would require some creative designs to make work not to mention the clearing of some trees. Instead they could just build a new tent and make the line go thru the extended queue of MIB behind the building to reach it. 

2 minutes ago, Legacy said:

The new tent is going between Fear Factor and MIB, for reference.

Wow, I am still shocked they are using that location for multiple reasons. The noise from B&T will leak into the house I fear and vice versa. Plus, as I have mentioned in the past, the TM's outside Fear Factor will even yell at you if your recording the area AROUND the theater if the show is going on. Putting a line literally next to the stage is going to make it hard to control what people do so either they will become more relaxed on the recording (highly doubt it) or they will have TM's in the line to try and stop people from recording the show dialog. It's also going to be swarmed when shows get out. It's already a nightmare when shows get out but sticking a house entrance/exit right by it is just going to make it worse. 

18 hours ago, Oysterhead00 said:

3)  They damn well better put the push button cow someplace!  I don't care if they hide it in some frequently untraveled place like by the shut down video order things in Rip Rocket, but it has to be somewhere where you can go and press the button :)  

It was sold

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Badge said:

Wow, I am still shocked they are using that location for multiple reasons. The noise from B&T will leak into the house I fear and vice versa. Plus, as I have mentioned in the past, the TM's outside Fear Factor will even yell at you if your recording the area AROUND the theater if the show is going on. Putting a line literally next to the stage is going to make it hard to control what people do so either they will become more relaxed on the recording (highly doubt it) or they will have TM's in the line to try and stop people from recording the show dialog. It's also going to be swarmed when shows get out. It's already a nightmare when shows get out but sticking a house entrance/exit right by it is just going to make it worse. 

Not knowing how the queues will play out, I suspect the queue for Tent 3 will not go so near the stage to make filming a concern. Also, the house will be enclosed and will have its own audio running so any noise bleed will be minimal. It'll work fine.