Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

Well, there is a public list which I remember having Lovecraft, Hitchcock, and Krampus on it. I don't remember the rest of it and can't find any blood gas that DID post it. Most of it was fairly safe spec though, though there was no evidence supporting any of it.

That said, I'm confident I know 89% of the houses this year. It's a strong line-up, with legit surprises and disappointments to keep the cynic in me satisfied.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Oysterhead00 said:

The rumored and/or generally accepted and/or Legacy's inside sources list since JDW is purposely staying outside the know.

Usually, it's a pretty open list...but this year, the sources are being really tight lipped so we're being held in the dark.

Personally, I LOVE it.  We found out too early last year.  And my stupid unfounded guesses have a lot of room to breathe this year.  Hoping JDW is actually able to keep out of the know (though he has a list he's checking off against) this year to enjoy the fun.  Dr Jimmy is censoring himself after last year's fiasco of everybody knowing everything before the snow melted up here.

All anybody needs to know is Krampus should/will/hopefully be showing up this year!*

* DISCLAIMER:  I'm making all my info up from upstate NY based on my personal wishes.

Oh gotcha. So it hasn't been posted anywhere? Also, I'm happy it's tight lipped. We all knew way too early last year for sure. But I'm also ready for another house announcement lol

13 minutes ago, Legacy said:

Well, there is a public list which I remember having Lovecraft, Hitchcock, and Krampus on it. I don't remember the rest of it and can't find any blood gas that DID post it. Most of it was fairly safe spec though, though there was no evidence supporting any of it.

That said, I'm confident I know 89% of the houses this year. It's a strong line-up, with legit surprises and disappointments to keep the cynic in me satisfied.

Any chance you'll share what you think the line up is?

Edited by Johnny Topside

1 hour ago, Legacy said:

The public list was posted by Chad on Rumors and was:

*American Horror Story (Which makes the list BS right there.)

*Hitchcock (Confirmed to be false by Mike himself. Outright said this wasn't happening after the fiasco on Twitter.)

*Texas Chain Saw (Only truthful one so far)

*Lovecraft (The concept is there, but I don't expect it.)

*Ash vs. Evil Dead (Possible)

*The Walking Dead (A little more than possible)

*Purge (Also possible, but not necessarily as a house.)

*Krampus (Seems to be widely accepted as happening, but I'll wait for an announcement.)

This year is very different than the last 3-4. Very secretive, seemingly very daring, everything's starting early, etc. I embrace the change of pace. It's refreshing after knowing everything down to the streets by April last year. I've heard some very interesting options, and some obvious ones as far as IPs go, but I can't be confident in any of them, really. Announcement season should actually be exciting this time!

1 hour ago, foREVer56 said:

This year is very different than the last 3-4. Very secretive, seemingly very daring, everything's starting early, etc. I embrace the change of pace. It's refreshing after knowing everything down to the streets by April last year. I've heard some very interesting options, and some obvious ones as far as IPs go, but I can't be confident in any of them, really. Announcement season should actually be exciting this time!

I love the fact that this year there is no real spoilers until the official announcement happens. I really love the fact that even the official twitters of both UOR and UH are teasing us and misdirecting us (that UH tweet before Exorcist about being good little boys and girls was just mean!). Having lists can be fun, but it can lead to disappointment. Like if Krampus is NOT a house this year after all the rumors, I am going to be really let down. 

What I do find interesting is construction. Have they started this much construction this early on before? I mean I guess we are only 4 months away but it still just seems early. Makes me wonder what they have up their sleeve. Are they getting the "easy" houses knocked out quickly so they can move on to new house locations that could prove to be hard to work through? Or, could we be getting a 10th house this year requiring them to start early? 

Interested to see if we get an announcement tomorrow on Friday the 13th. I doubt it since it would break from the schedule I have laid out in my head but you never know. All I really want at this point is for tickets to go on sale though! Need to make sure Rush of Fear is still a thing with Express Pass option. 

5 hours ago, Badge said:

What I do find interesting is construction. Have they started this much construction this early on before? I mean I guess we are only 4 months away but it still just seems early. Makes me wonder what they have up their sleeve. Are they getting the "easy" houses knocked out quickly so they can move on to new house locations that could prove to be hard to work through? Or, could we be getting a 10th house this year requiring them to start early? 

Interested to see if we get an announcement tomorrow on Friday the 13th. I doubt it since it would break from the schedule I have laid out in my head but you never know. All I really want at this point is for tickets to go on sale though! Need to make sure Rush of Fear is still a thing with Express Pass option. 

Definitely not 10 houses this year, if not just for the fact that it would be very hard logistically right now with the construction. But this is definitely the earliest they've ever started. I like to believe they're starting earlier so they can have more time to train the actors to scare and (more likely) about safety around douchebag guests.

Tickets *should* go on sale by the end of the month, that seems to be the normal time period for them.

Construction and announcements are starting early due to the event starts early this yr.

Also they know people want year round stuff and info but some people dont think there's an audience for it.

A LOT of haunts talk to there fanbase ALL year long believe it or not

15 hours ago, Legacy said:

It's a strong line-up, with legit surprises and disappointments to keep the cynic in me satisfied.

I'm guessing that 1 of the only legit surprises is that The Walking Dead ( EDIT---> isn't <---) going to return this year (and maybe the Exorcist). I think an overall disappointment for many (not sure how you feel about it) would be if there was no Krampus. Personally, I'd prefer Trick 'r Treat over Krampus, but either one would make me happy. 

At this point (especially after what's coming this year), there really are too many legit horror ip's left (ones they'd use at Universal) that I'd even like to see done. Psycho would be one of them. There are a couple of zombie movies I guess, but they've beaten that horse to death. Killer Klowns from Outer Space and Hellraiser would be 2 others that I'd like to see converted. I think the only ip I wouldn't mind seeing over and over again would be Halloween since it's one of my all-time favorite movies. I'm not sure how could the 2nd (original) Halloween would translate into a house though. The first film definitely had the more iconic scenes.

I'm going to guess that The Walking Dead isn't returning because Hollywood isn't doing it for their event. Granted, they're doing a whole new permanent attraction, but it's just a gut hunch. Speaking of which... does anyone know if that attraction will be making it to Orlando eventually?

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

5 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

I'm guessing that 1 of the only legit surprises is that The Walking Dead is going to return this year (and maybe the Exorcist). I think an overall disappointment for many (not sure how you feel about it) would be if there was no Krampus. Personally, I'd prefer Trick 'r Treat over Krampus, but either one would make me happy. 

Here's the thing, I think about things in relation to how I think the fans will react. A lot of that is partially because I find out stuff early and because I don't actually attend anymore. So when I say surprises, I mean the fans will be surprised (potentially stunned). When I say the fans will be disappointed, I mean I'm looking forward to people's inevitable "WTF" posts. That's my entertainment.

8 minutes ago, Legacy said:

Here's the thing, I think about things in relation to how I think the fans will react. A lot of that is partially because I find out stuff early and because I don't actually attend anymore. So when I say surprises, I mean the fans will be surprised (potentially stunned). When I say the fans will be disappointed, I mean I'm looking forward to people's inevitable "WTF" posts. That's my entertainment.

Did you catch my big typo (edit) before responding to my post? I don't think TWD is coming back. That would be a fairly large surprise, I think.

If AWiL returns again... *prepares a WTF!*

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

On May 13, 2016 at 8:10 PM, Legacy said:

Would you consider any of the IPs that have yet to be revealed a "dream property" that fans have wanted for a long time?

Gonna give my own guess at the overall spectrum:

• TCM - Tent 2
  • Exorcist - SS24 (For the cold.)
  • The Walking Dead Season 6 - Parade Warehouse
  • Krampus - SS24 (Cold.)
  • Conjuring - ...MIB?
  • Ghost Town - SS22 (Requel)
  • "Cobweb" (Which I'm gonna go with something that was brought up and say this is the Chupacabra maze making it's official comein.) - Tent 1
  • P&T 2 (Technically Original?) - Shrek? (3D House)
  • ??? Original - SS??

Only scarezone I can think of at this time is Purge's obvious return under the Election Year film theme.

3 minutes ago, Legacy said:

I'll give everyone this. One of the disappointments I referenced is "big picture."

Based on "big picture", sounds like perhaps no theme and / or icon? Sorta feels that way as well with 2 houses announced already and nothing more said about either or.

If so, disappointed...but not all surprised in the end.

Or, less big picture as a whole, but would probably still annoy some, we're going back down to 8 houses this year.

Edited by ForeverEvil1

28 minutes ago, Legacy said:

I'll give everyone this. One of the disappointments I referenced is "big picture," that being it's about more than a singular thing.

So, with it being more than a singular thing, I REALLY HOPE that doesn't mean we are losing SZ's again. That would be a major disappointment. 

As long as I get an amazing Krampus house, I think I could handle any other type of disappointment like not having a central theme or Icon. Losing SZ's though would be just so wrong. I would like to think they learned their lesson when they took them away and people were not happy. I have only gone to 24 and 25 so I have had an equal mix of no theme/icon and having a theme/icon. Honestly 25 was far better than 24 in terms of marketing and merch but I don't NEED a theme or icon to tie the event together. Both years had some great SZ's though and some equally amazing houses. Losing houses (I could handle 8 but now that we have had 9, its going to be hard to go back down) or SZ's would be a mistake and would honestly make me reconsider staying at Cabana Bay for 11 nights just so I can go for 2 full weekends. 

Still interesting to think how much we don't know about this year and opening night is nearly 4 months away.