Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

3 minutes ago, JDW said:

Well seeing as a "Hitchcock" house was on the list. Psycho sounds right. So I was wrong again lol. I just want Krampus to revealed

You and me both. I don't think I have looked forward to a house this much before. Krampus I feel, if done right (and well), has the potential to be the best house of the year (if not the past few years). The mixture of puppets, a simple facade, a totally different holiday blending with horror, and some great special effects will make it amazing. I just hope they don't get cheesy (giant gingerbread people for example) or use Krampus to much. I feel like Krampus himself should be treated like the Alien Queen was treated in Hollywood. Create a massive, 2+ story tall puppet and put him at the very end. I don't want Krampus to be "short" and stuck around every corner. 

Based on Mike's teaser, I think it will be Psycho. They seem to be making a big push with classic horror movies and I love it! Setting up a perfect return for our favorite movie Usher.  

Cobweb seems to be a 100% original house. The "requel" may have already been hinted at earlier in this thread/wishful thinking thread (don't remember which). Which leaves 1 more spot for an original/sequel, which I don't think anyone has info on. 

5 hours ago, Jediwhit82 said:

This is my first year speculating before the event, so I have to ask;Do we always trust that he never outright lies to us?

I dont remember a time in the last few years, where mike has outright lied to us? So I believe him...does this deviate from the proposed lists that are out there?  

Could Psycho have been a thought, and now its switching? Maybe Uni came through with another IP or forced AD another way?

Yeah, Mike doesn't typical "carney" us like Murder does. And the fact that he didn't just dismiss it as a Psycho/Hitchcock but dismissed it, really, as a tease at all ("Don't read too much into it") is much more interesting. It does deviate from the "public" list, but that list was too obvious to be fully trusted (even with the predictability of HHN now).

Making mama proud could be Fryday the 13th, La Llorona, Psycho, or something else entirely. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Legacy said:

Making mama proud could be Fryday the 13th, La Llorona, Psycho, or something else entirely. 

Ahh yes and we could get Friday the 13th revealed this Friday - the 13th! But then again I am probably reading too much into it. 

Would they do another house with Jason so soon do you think? 

Mike doesn't lie. At least, I've never seen it.  He likes to give hints, but when anything is misconstrued, he's right there to put us on the right path.

As for those pictures - when I first saw them, I thought Gothic.  God, I loved that house.  Anything with that sort of feel always ends up being my favorite.  Being that this is an original, I hope this is the direction they are going.

As for Krampus - I think it's a no-brainer we would be getting that.  I agree with the comment above that there should be a huge Krampus at the end and not a bunch around every corner.  I was actually thinking of the Wendigo at the end of Roanoke - that was the best part of that house.  An actor or two on stilts in your face at the end would be fabulous.

Yep damage control. Happens at least once a year. This is small peanuts if it's the only one.

Mike is pretty straightforward. Marketing doesn't ever seem to understand the fans. But... Yeah as Legacy said. It's a little odd the way he responded. Makes me think it is not entirely out of the question this year or maybe they wanted it and they pushed it out for something else.

I don't see Jason returning so soon....thats why I was struggling with who this clue could hint towards? Cause using Bates was too obvious, and Jason was last year.

And those are the two big horror characters I connect to mother figures.

Do any icons have back stories attached to mother figures that I'm missing?

Or maybe this was just an elaborate distraction to throw us off paths we have been on...or getting close to ideas that are coming?

19 minutes ago, WannabeIcon said:

I don't see Jason returning so soon....thats why I was struggling with who this clue could hint towards? Cause using Bates was too obvious, and Jason was last year.

And those are the two big horror characters I connect to mother figures.

Do any icons have back stories attached to mother figures that I'm missing?

Or maybe this was just an elaborate distraction to throw us off paths we have been on...or getting close to ideas that are coming?

Or it could just be nothing.  Just a horror fan working for Universal that was working on something for HHN that they were proud of and made a Psycho reference.  Like if on Friday April 29th some guy put up a "TGIF!!!" post with a picture of Jason.  Or had a rough week at work and posted "I earned it!" and had a picture of the Slaughtered Lamb Pub from American Werewolf in London because they were going out for drinks. 

Horror fans making horror references does not a reveal make :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, FRlSKY PLATYPUS said:

Is Cobweb speculated to be a new original idea? When I saw the pictures Mike posted it reminded me of some sort of tomb or an archaeological site. 

Its a new original theme for a maze.. We never seen this before from my understanding

• Like 1

On 5/11/2016 at 8:42 AM, Legacy said:

Yeah, Mike doesn't typical "carney" us like Murder does. And the fact that he didn't just dismiss it as a Psycho/Hitchcock but dismissed it, really, as a tease at all ("Don't read too much into it") is much more interesting. It does deviate from the "public" list, but that list was too obvious to be fully trusted (even with the predictability of HHN now).

What list is this? I missed it.

1 hour ago, Johnny Topside said:

What list is this? I missed it.

The rumored and/or generally accepted and/or Legacy's inside sources list since JDW is purposely staying outside the know.

Usually, it's a pretty open list...but this year, the sources are being really tight lipped so we're being held in the dark.

Personally, I LOVE it.  We found out too early last year.  And my stupid unfounded guesses have a lot of room to breathe this year.  Hoping JDW is actually able to keep out of the know (though he has a list he's checking off against) this year to enjoy the fun.  Dr Jimmy is censoring himself after last year's fiasco of everybody knowing everything before the snow melted up here.

All anybody needs to know is Krampus should/will/hopefully be showing up this year!*

* DISCLAIMER:  I'm making all my info up from upstate NY based on my personal wishes.