Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

1 hour ago, JDW said:

I like the big picture over all. Seems like it will be a solid lineup. Is there a "dream" IP? I'm sure somebody will think so... maybe a lot.

Oh, it's a really good line-up. But it's not a dream come true. It does bend some expectations in ways I predict the more eager fans won't like (at least once their initial excitement dies down).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

Gonna give my own guess at the overall spectrum:

• TCM - Tent 2
  • Exorcist - SS24 (For the cold.)
  • The Walking Dead Season 6 - Parade Warehouse
  • Krampus - SS24 (Cold.)
  • Conjuring - ...MIB?
  • Ghost Town - SS22 (Requel)
  • "Cobweb" (Which I'm gonna go with something that was brought up and say this is the Chupacabra maze making it's official comein.) - Tent 1
  • P&T 2 (Technically Original?) - Shrek? (3D House)
  • ??? Original - SS??

Only scarezone I can think of at this time is Purge's obvious return under the Election Year film theme.

I think TWD would go in MIB, test the waters in a new location with something a bit barebones.

14 hours ago, StyrofoamCup said:

Would you consider any of the IPs that have yet to be revealed a "dream property" that fans have wanted for a long time?

13 hours ago, Legacy said:

Sure. Some might say that.

I suppose that it would be relative to the age of a fan. The way it seems with kids nowadays, having to wait to see anything they can't pull up on their phone might be considered a long wait. I waited literally almost 30 years to see a Halloween house done to my liking. Possibly to someone older than me, they might not think that is a long time. 

Other than 2013 (which many people despised), there hasn't been a parkwide theme (outside houses) since I've attended. So I wouldn't be surprised if that trend continued this year. Heck... It's pretty much all I've seen.

Was HHN 19 a well themed event? On paper, it looks like it should have been decent. I wish I had attended some of those teen HHN years.

Another thing that has crossed my mind is the number of ips we're going to share with Hollywood. Murdy has implied that this year's lineup is the best yet (over there). If they are they great, I'd hope we don't end up missing out on anything over here. Is it possible that we end up with 3 or less originals?

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

One of the things I'm wondering about is how the lines for soundstages will be now that Twister's queue entrance is done (quite possibly for good depending if the queue for the Fallon ride will be somewhat of a queue entrance). I know it will pretty much be the same since the only line that's gone is Twister, but if we're planning to have nine houses, how will this work?

7 hours ago, criticalanalysis said:

I asked Mike via Twitter about rumors of no scare zones, he said, "rumors are noise. Turn them down.."

I'm not sure who has been suggesting no scarezones. I've never said that, and it's not true.

i haven't mentioned them because I don't know anything about them.

• Like 1

In 2012 they had "Street Experiences" on the web site. This is what they have now:

This fall, the streets of Universal Studios Florida® come alive with hordes of horrifying mutants, monsters and maniacs. Explore terrifying haunted houses, brave multiple creature-filled scare zones, enjoy outrageous live shows, and experience many of the park’s most exciting rides and attractions.

They are careful not to reveal details like number of houses, zones and shows, or which attractions are open, but clearly there are saying there will be zones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Legacy said:

I'm not sure who has been suggesting no scarezones. I've never said that, and it's not true.

i haven't mentioned them because I don't know anything about them.

I see why you might've thought that I was referring to you here. It's more from other websites that I browse saying that type of stuff. But based on Mike, your post, and Jimmy's post - they're wrong.

On 5/14/2016 at 11:13 AM, ThNdIzNiR said:

Is it possible that we end up with 3 or less originals?

From the point of view of someone who has only been involved, albeit heavily involved, in this scene for a few years, I'd say it is very possible. Over the few years I have been, there has been a severe lack of originals in the park. I find it hard to believe that even half of the houses would be originals, as IPs are what brings in the crowds. So I believe that not only is it possible that we have 3 or less originals, but that it is highly probable.

1 hour ago, criticalanalysis said:

I see why you might've thought that I was referring to you here. It's more from other websites that I browse saying that type of stuff. But based on Mike, your post, and Jimmy's post - they're wrong.

I've noticed that a lot of the theme park blogs, especially the HHN, treat the possibility of news as news. For example:

"Could Hellraiser be Coming to Horror Nights?"

Sure it could, but that doesn't mean it is.

"Will HHN Stop Having Scarezones?" 

Eventually, but until it does there's no reason to assume it will.

"Will Donald Trump star in Bill and Ted this year?"

One can hope.

The good thing about all the speculative news is how much it muddies the water. I've yet to see the full list of IPs featured this year publicly. There's always something wrong (normally a couple of things). And that's a fantastic thing.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Jediwhit82 said:

Why do you say eventually they will stop?

Because something will have to give in regards to the crowds and scareactor safety. And financially, it makes much more sense to just limit street scares to actors on stages than limiting access to guests while cramming the street with scareactors.

I firmly believe that, in the next 5 years, scarezones as we know them will be drastically different.

Just tossing out a couple random thoughts about the original "cobweb"...

Looking at the construction pictures I'm reminded of 2 different things. Assuming the scenic doesn't completely change after final touches, it looks like it has to be a structure with either very large windows or doorways. My 1st thought was some type of castle. However, for some unknown reason, I keep imagining (maybe because I think it would be cool) that we could be walking through an old church or temple and making our way to some catacombs below the structure. I know they already used catacombs back in 2010, but I still think it could be interesting.

As a reminder... Cobweb is not the requel. If I was forced to guess what requel is, I'd say that maybe it could be a new version of Hellgate Prison. It's been awhile since they used a prison themed house, so why not? 

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

22 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

As a reminder... Cobweb is not the requel. If I was forced to guess what requel is, I'd say that maybe it could be a new version of Hellgate Prison. It's been awhile since they used a prison themed house, so why not? 

Last year.. Run took place in Hellgate but it felt like an after thought cause it didnt feel like I was in a prison

On 5/14/2016 at 11:13 AM, ThNdIzNiR said:

Was HHN 19 a well themed event? On paper, it looks like it should have been decent. I wish I had attended some of those teen HHN years.

Is it possible that we end up with 3 or less originals?

Yes 19 was themed. It wasn't a concise as some of the previous years but it was decent.

Less than 3? Slight possibility. More than 3? No

there are things about this year people will fanboy about. There is at least one thing (I know of) nobody will. Such is the event.

40 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

Not Hellgate. Most likely Ghost Town as has already been previously stated.

Cobweb is very claustrophobic. Has ceilings, rock pillars, tight passages. To me it looks like some kind of ancient temple

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Legacy said:

This reply thing won't go away, so I had to post a blank. Please disregard this! ^^

1 hour ago, JDW said:

There is at least one thing (I know of) nobody will. Such is the event.

Oh boy, why am I thinking of TWD right now?

Edited by duh1011
Tried to fix it, but it didn't work

1 hour ago, Ecto_Freak said:

Last year.. Run took place in Hellgate but it felt like an after thought cause it didnt feel like I was in a prison

Now that you mention it, you're right. Other than the entrance, it didn't feel like a prison at all. All the poor bastards who got killed were supposed to be inmates. 

Everyone is sticking to Ghost Town, eh? I just like to keep an open mind to possibilities.

Screw it, I've had fun with these in the past...

House list.

The announced

The announced: Second coming (Tent 2)
The unannounced: The return (Parade)
The unannounced: The expected
The unannounced: The returning
The unannounced: The requeling 
The unannounced: Claustrophic jewel (Tent 1)
The unknown 
Shall not be named
  • Like 11

2 hours ago, Legacy said:

Screw it, I've had fun with these in the past...

House list.

The unannounced: The return (Parade) 
The unannounced: The expected
The unannounced: The returning
The unannounced: The requeling 
The unannounced: Claustrophic jewel (Tent 1)
The unknown 
Shall not be named
Interesting word choices... 
The "return" of something from the past...
The "expected" could be at least 3 different things...
The "returning" is probably something I'm not going to like...
The "requeling" seems like it could be good, assuming it isn't something pulled from the past couple years.
Cobweb - *pictures Indiana Jones*
The "unknown" could be something most people aren't thinking of or discussing?
I hope that "shall not be named" is something really good, but more than likely is something really not so good.