Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

23 hours ago, Legacy said:

Screw it, I've had fun with these in the past...

House list.

The announced

The announced: Second coming (Tent 2)
The unannounced: The return (Parade)
The unannounced: The expected
The unannounced: The returning
The unannounced: The requeling 
The unannounced: Claustrophic jewel (Tent 1)
The unknown 
Shall not be named

You could add SS to the first announced, as we know it's going there.

My vague guesses: 1st 5 IP, next 3 original, last one IP. Won't give specific IP guesses, though I'm fairly confident I could guess each hint (mostly) accurately.

If the last house on the list was a Potter House ( I would be super excited)...but literally HHN might explode to even more unbearable heights than with TWD in crowd factor.

With the Potterverse now being on both coasts....could something synergistic actually happen...doubt JK would ever go for it, though plenty of characters could fit the dark angle to make it pretty epic! 

On 5/14/2016 at 10:13 AM, ThNdIzNiR said:

Was HHN 19 a well themed event? On paper, it looks like it should have been decent. I wish I had attended some of those teen HHN years.

19 is one of my favorite years.... came together well, had an icon, great IP houses, great original houses.... it was a good time for sure.

• Like 2

All I have to say is 2 things about this Harry Potter bologna...

1. If they were to actually go through with something like that (which would be beyond ridiculous in my opinion), it would have to be an all-time low for them in attempting a money grab.

2. If the grab took place, I think I'd boycott HHN until they finally decided to bring Dr. Who to the event... At least that show had many creative characters throughout the years that were much scarier than almost anything Potter has to offer.

Welcome to the Wizarding World of HHN!

C'mon now.... hehe

I have an idea (a few really, but...) of what that clue could be though. If it is what I think it is, I don't think I've seen 1 person on here mention it. It would also make the possibility of 6 ips more likely.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

16 hours ago, Legacy said:

House list.

The announced

The unknown 
Shall not be named

Gonna give this my best shot: 

1.The Exorcist

2. Texas Chain Saw Massacre 

3. The Walking Dead

4. The Purge or The Conjuring 

5. Returning IP: Cabin in the Woods or Penn and Teller 

6. Requel-Nightengales, Catacombs or Blood n Gutz 

7. Ghost Town sequel 

8. Unknown original

9. Voldemort house (This ties in to a code name Unknown posted on the Orlando Informer forums a couple months back, "H.P.". And Unknown tends to be pretty straight forward with their code names. 

Edited by StyrofoamCup

Hoping the returning IP is Halloween. Although we all know how well that worked out with AWiL.  Perhaps it could be The Thing? Purge or Insidious again would be disappointing. 

A HP house would be fun. This is something I thought they should have done when I first started attending in 2012. Now that I'm a few years in, I'm leaning towards "hope this doesn't happen". The event will always be fun, but dammit I want it to be scarier! 

18 hours ago, Legacy said:

House list.

The announced

The unknown 
Shall not be named

Hmm...gonna see if I can connect this to my earlier predictions, because why not?

1. The Exorcist 

2. TCM

3. The Walking Dead

4. Hmmmm....I want to say Purge, but for the purposes of trying to stay to my earlier list, I'll say Conjuring.

5. Penn & Teller 2

6. Ghost Town: Insert Subtitle Here?

7. "Cobweb" / Chupacabra?

8. ??? Original

9. Technically all I have left to put in is Krampus from my original list....but I think I'm revoking that and changing to Lovecraft. Besides the Harry Potter H.P. Connection to Lovecraft, there is a creature in the Cthulu Mythos called Hastur, who is called "Him Who Is Not To Be Named", which fits in. 

19 hours ago, Legacy said:

House list.

The announced

The unknown 
Shall not be named

I think (and hope!!) the expected will be Krampus, as many here have expected that to come. The unknown is probably the literal one, becaue I feel like "Shall not be named" would be too obvious, as this is for fun. Also, I doubt J.K. Rowling would want a Harry Potter house. Plus hey, an original house titled "the unknown"? Sounds clichéd, but also like there could be a lot of promise there!

Edited by duh1011
  • Like 1

I'm gonna be at the park Sunday. While I highly, highly, HIGHLY doubt I'll see anything whatsoever, I'll try to catch a glimpse of any and all construction at the known locations that are under construction. Again, I doubt I'll see a single thing, but it's possible I will see people moving things in and out of the venues if I situate myself on some of the good lookout points. 

3 hours ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

9. Technically all I have left to put in is Krampus from my original list....but I think I'm revoking that and changing to Lovecraft. Besides the Harry Potter H.P. Connection to Lovecraft, there is a creature in the Cthulu Mythos called Hastur, who is called "Him Who Is Not To Be Named", which fits in. 

Hastur "The Unspeakable"... haven't heard that 1 since I named my parakeet after him after reading about him in the original Deities & Demigods AD&D book.

If (big "if" I suppose) what I'm thinking is correct, I think you might be sorta on the right track. 

His description of Cobweb could be taken literally, but it probably doesn't matter as much since it's an original. I still like my idea of traveling through the old church/temple and venturing into catacombs or a cavern. 

Disclaimer... I know this won't happen.... but I think it would be amusing if the unknown was the X-Files. Supposedly everyone is onboard for filming another season over at Fox and the show certainly has a following. 

TWD really is going to end up in the parade building, isn't it? I can't wait until they just bring the permanent attraction over to Florida to end the HHN streak once and for all. 

4 hours ago, Tich0las said:

Hoping the returning IP is Halloween. Although we all know how well that worked out with AWiL.  Perhaps it could be The Thing? Purge or Insidious again would be disappointing. 

Halloween returning in some fashion would be great for me. I think it's the only ip I probably wouldn't get sick of seeing. I've never gone through a house and given a standing ovation round of applause quite like I did back at HHN 24. The part with the girl in the car was beyond priceless to me. Walking through the living room was surreal to me as well.  

Ok so I'm on board with Lovecraft....I mean "somthing wicked" chimes out of Dragon Challenge in the HP area....so maybe that is a semi connection of what is actually coming and a spot in the park we can hear the clue now...lol!!

Can't wait to see how right and wrong we all are!

The only wish I have is to keep the Icons coming (fingers crossed)...any chance a requel could be a revisit to an icon house? maybe we see a different area or something of that nature?? 

14 hours ago, Tich0las said:

This would be glorious. 

Could it also refer to Bloody Mary? 

The fact that they didn't even have Dr. Mary Agana in Icons last year is reason enough for me to believe Uni wants nothing to do with her again. Besides, leaving her as a one time thing makes all the more special, much like most of the 

original houses people want sequels for (Gothic, anything 2011 outside Nightingales, etc).

It's a pretty sad state of affairs when Legacy has to do the job of the Universal Marketing Department to get the HHN faithful excited and talking up the event...

EDIT - Yes, I know, I often defend the marketing dept for spending their budget in better ways than catering to the people who are already "money in the bank", but the speculation and excitement seemed to be lacking this year and all Legacy had to do was post a list, confirming 9 houses, and giving vauge hints and it stoked everybody's interest.  Granted, he used more than 140 characters, but if Marketing had 2 min of spare time they could have made up a list or something similar, done a screen cap of it, and then had everybody frothing at the mouth trying to figure it out....and not just the people here.

Just a simple little thing to keep up the "social sentiment" with #HHN26 or whatever marketing buzzword mumbojumbo they wanted to call the demand generation / lead generation that something so simple would cause throughout the social twitterverse.  You don't need games and interactive web sites when you can start chain reactions via social media by doing something as simple as this.

Edited by Oysterhead00
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jediwhit82 said:

Universal has no reason to get us exited yet. We are still 4 months away and tickets are not even available yet. If tickets were up and we were already buying them, then I would feel like we need more announcements.

Tickets are available... but only for the people who purchase 1 of their vacation packages (don't get me started about it though). 

Like someone else mentioned somewhere, I doubt they're going to be dropping any significant HHN announcements anytime near the grand opening of their new Kong attraction. Do you think they'd launch it the same day Hollywood opens their TWD attraction (July 4th)? The date hasn't been set yet for Skull Island, right? If it has, I missed it. I'm definitely looking forward to checking it out this September.

What's up with The Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Kitchen? Will it be open by September? 

I'd imagine that the next announcement could be around the same time Murdy drops his codename "Wisconsin", which certainly seems like it is The Conjuring (2). That would put us in mid-early July with 3 of the potential 5/6 ips announced. The other 2 or 3 could be dropped over the rest of July and then the other most likely 3 originals in August. Man... That sure is a long time from now.  

Edit for Above ^

This tweet speaks volumes...

Our social team who posts as well is realizing the magnitude of tweets.. Especially cryptic ones. -m

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

Yeah, come on guys it took a modicum of effort. You can't expect that from Universal.

Much like those of us who have given clues in the past, they do take effort, planning, and creativity.

I was actually talking to someone about this the other day. You spend several days wording and building multilevel clues, only to have them solved in 20 min. It's a labor of... love?

Regardless they do take effort. Of course you would expect that Universal would put effort into things. But it's pretty much plug and chug the past few years and hey it works for them so... bully for them. Thank God for Mike giving us anything. I'm sure he has to fight just to give us the little he does. I've noticed his clues always center around an original.. an the highlight of the year. So, I'm putting my money on cobweb being their vista of the year.

• Like 1