Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

I have been lurking on the forums for a long time and have always really enjoyed all the speculation and the fun of seeing things shape up and/or fall apart. I've just never participated in the conversation since I never had anything good to add.

However, I heard recently that we are getting an Icon and who and/or what it is. I'm really hopeful and excited to see it come to fruition since I think it's accurate info. I hope it's true.

Take it or leave it, but thought I'd throw it out there.

I saw your post on OU... and have tapped most all my sources. I have heard absolutely zero to confirm an icon this year... in fact I was told no icon earlier on (unless one was retconned). I'll be interested in seeing f you are right.

Of course I've been saying lately if you can't even sell the Usher for this years lineup... Icons are done for.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JDW said:

I saw your post on OU... and have tapped most all my sources. I have heard absolutely zero to confirm an icon this year... in fact I was told no icon earlier on (unless one was retconned). I'll be interested in seeing f you are right.

Of course I've been saying lately if you can't even sell the Usher for this years lineup... Icons are done for.

I'll be interested as well. Like I said, I trust the source and I'm being vague so there is no chance of someone getting in trouble. But it could also be a total red herring. Time will tell!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

Not sure how you got the idea that when I said "it will make sense", that I was referring to "the return".

I quoted 2 lines of text from JDW, the 2nd one of them being this...

"Shall Not be named"... again not giving this up. But you do know it and "it will makes sense".

Then wrote this below my 1st comment (which actually was about the return)...

"it will make sense"... so a big name ip that is likely either releasing a new film, getting a blu-ray re-release/makeover, has an anniversary (which most likely means it is getting some form of collector's edition dvd release), or is being re-released in the theater. 

I'm sticking with The Thing until someone convinces me otherwise.

Sorry for the confusion if there was any.

My mistake. I apologize for that. That is agreeable logic, and presuming Halloween 2 may not be in as you somewhat suggested (Unless I read that first portion wrong as well), it would still fit the earlier "2 Returning IP's with different content" statement given earlier.

Besides whatever is in Shrek (Which appears to be a complete mystery besides the fact it is an original it seems, and just basing off of last year, may or may not be 3D), "Shall Not Be Named" no doubt seems to be the biggest mystery.

4 hours ago, traveller said:

Mary Shaw

"We don't say her name around here"

Quote from Dead Silence"

•  We don't say her name around here.

• 00:39:04 You don't say her name. Well, why don't you try, huh?

•  

As much as I hate that this house was one of 2 I missed in 07 and would love to see it, the movie isn't anywhere near relevant enough to warrant a return 9 years after people completely forgot about it.

I honestly have no idea how "Shall Not Be Named" is related to the IP. I assumed it was named such just because no one seems to wanna give it away.

Also Legacy, your rumored house locations is exactly what I was imagining and I really hope it's accurate. It will mean there's some original SSs, and the new tent will get the house it deserves for that (for now questionable) location. 

Based on the new pic (I'm assuming Cobweb) definitely feels aztec-like with the petroglyphs. Was thinking Quivera the lost city of gold.So my thoughts are we go looking for Quivira, things go amiss.. and stuff goes down. Hi-jinks ensue

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JDW said:

Based on the new pic (I'm assuming Cobweb) definitely feels aztec-like with the petroglyphs. Was thinking Quivera the lost city of gold.So my thoughts are we go looking for Quivira, things go amiss.. and stuff goes down. Hi-jinks ensue

Old Mr. Peters wants the gold for himself, so he's relied on the myth of the Quivira Specter to scare us away...

12 minutes ago, Dead Inside said:

SeventyOne on OU is heavily implying the megahouse is AHS. The unattainable IP got acquired, wow.

If he's right.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Legacy said:

Old Mr. Peters wants the gold for himself, so he's relied on the myth of the Quivira Specter to scare us away...

Zoinks!

Yeah and I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you pesky fanboys...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JDW said:

Have to wonder if anyone in A&D is a fan of Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. 

Aztec/Anasazi ruins. Quivira. All we need is a group of archeologists and a flash flood. 

Speaking of flash flood, that one image of the plywood with the narrow path....

Slot canyon!

• Like 1

Some thoughts on what I've missed out on the last few days: 

On the point of a returning icon, i can see it happening for sure. On the last night of last year the usher wrote "see you in 2016-JB" implying that the usher may be back. This points me to the requelling being a Silver Screams 2. Same main character, different content. With the somewhat success/anticipation that was had for Krampus and the new Conjuring coming out it would make sense. I feel like both properties aren't big enough to make it their own house Silver Screams would be a perfect venue for it.

My thoughts on the Thing: I was disappointed by this house once before I wouldn't be crazy excited if it came back so soon. On one of the return IPs i would hope for a Psycho/Bates motel kind of thing. Universal has a good relationship with AMC, they have the rights to to the movie I believe, and theyve used Psycho as a house multiple times before. This would also explain the Norman Bates image drop on the HHN twitter account a couple weeks ago. I also agree that Halloween 2 is a too soon kind of return. 

TWD: if it doesn't come back, but i expected to be "The expected", my next guess would be AHS (unfortunately) and as difficult it would be to acquire, it would bring the general public in something we know the walking dead has done.

Last but not least is the shall not be named in Shrek. My only thoughts are that it is an original. Shrek is too small of a small space to really bring an IP in there unless its something like a Krampus or Conjuring that wouldn't work in a bigger soundstage. 

9 minutes ago, killswitch22 said:

Last but not least is the shall not be named in Shrek. My only thoughts are that it is an original. Shrek is too small of a small space to really bring an IP in there unless its something like a Krampus or Conjuring that wouldn't work in a bigger soundstage. 

Unknown is in Shrek. Shall Not Be Named is in a soundstage.

And a random scareactor wouldn't know what was this year when the houses and marketing plan weren't close to finalizing.

15 minutes ago, killswitch22 said:

On the point of a returning icon, i can see it happening for sure. On the last night of last year the usher wrote "see you in 2016-JB" implying that the usher may be back. This points me to the requelling being a Silver Screams 2. Same main character, different content. With the somewhat success/anticipation that was had for Krampus and the new Conjuring coming out it would make sense. I feel like both properties aren't big enough to make it their own house Silver Screams would be a perfect venue for it.

My thoughts on the Thing: I was disappointed by this house once before I wouldn't be crazy excited if it came back so soon. 

They insist that "the requeling" is Ghost Town. However, maybe Silver Screams could be "the unknown"? Did they ever mention if "the unknown" was an all-new original or not? I don't remember reading much, if anything, about "the unknown".

Which Thing were you disappointed by? Have they even used the original Thing as a house? I know the 1 I saw in 2011 (HHN 21) was decent when everything was running properly. One time we went through some stuff wasn't working and we seemed to miss many of the timed scares as well.

According to Legacy, it seems as though "the unknown" is going in Shrek and "shall not be named" is going in a soundstage. Edit: Guess he beat me to it. ^ 

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

Just now, ThNdIzNiR said:

They insist that "the requeling" is Ghost Town. However, maybe Silver Screams could be "the unknown"? Did they ever mention if "the unknown" was an all-new original or not? I don't remember reading much, if anything, about "the unknown".

Which Thing were you disappointed by? Have they even used the original Thing as a house? I know the 1 I saw in 2011 (HHN 21) was decent when everything was running properly. One time we went through some stuff wasn't working and we seemed to miss many of the timed scares as well.

According to Legacy, it seems as though "the unknown" is going in Shrek and "shall not be named" is going in a soundstage.

2011 Thing I wasn't impressed by. 

My bad on naming the wrong house. 

30 minutes ago, killswitch22 said:

Some thoughts on what I've missed out on the last few days: 

My thoughts on the Thing: I was disappointed by this house once before I wouldn't be crazy excited if it came back so soon. On one of the return IPs i would hope for a Psycho/Bates motel kind of thing. Universal has a good relationship with AMC, they have the rights to to the movie I believe, and theyve used Psycho as a house multiple times before. This would also explain the Norman Bates image drop on the HHN twitter account a couple weeks ago. I also agree that Halloween 2 is a too soon kind of return. 

TWD: if it doesn't come back, but i expected to be "The expected", my next guess would be AHS (unfortunately) and as difficult it would be to acquire, it would bring the general public in something we know the walking dead has done.

The Conjuring isn't big enough for its own house? Wut? Doesn't matter anyways since it was shot down.

Krampus might be the other house in SS24.

Aiello confirmed no Hitchcock.

TWD is "The Returning"

Nobody knows what's inside Shrek only that it's an original

I'm still stuck on Cobweb. 

One be more guess for its theme. 

Back when the codename was released, my initial thought was the house we lost in 2012 when SS44 was demolished. It was rumored to be Aztec themed with a possible appearance of el Chupacabra. 

What if the rumored theming wasn't as simple as Aztec/southwestern/el Chupacabra? 2012 introduced us to the Legions of Horror who ascended from a cave. The cave entrance could be seen on the Horror Unearthed website. That cave entrance was sealed by LegendaryTruth at the end of the 2012 games. 

Maybe be that's the cave/ruins/temple we will enter. 

All speculation of course. 

1 hour ago, mystiquephreeq said:

I'm still stuck on Cobweb. 

One be more guess for its theme. 

Back when the codename was released, my initial thought was the house we lost in 2012 when SS44 was demolished. It was rumored to be Aztec themed with a possible appearance of el Chupacabra. 

What if the rumored theming wasn't as simple as Aztec/southwestern/el Chupacabra? 2012 introduced us to the Legions of Horror who ascended from a cave. The cave entrance could be seen on the Horror Unearthed website. That cave entrance was sealed by LegendaryTruth at the end of the 2012 games. 

Maybe be that's the cave/ruins/temple we will enter. 

All speculation of course. 

Ugh... the Legions fell so flat. I hope that whole concept stays in the past.

• Like 2

Hey these people look familiar

I know it's old but it's going around and you brought up the legions. :P

I liked the idea... in practice... didn't really work out quite right. But hey they must have done something right. People pledge their allegiance to their legion and the morphan Trick R' Treaters have been a staple since.

• Like 2

My thoughts were originally maybe el chupacabra....but wasn't sure first if the chupa was a cave dwelling creature? and Second how that would tie claustrophobia? 

Maybe the wolves from AWIL become cabras in this native cave-temple situation??