Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

On 5/10/2016 at 3:03 PM, Badge said:

You and me both. I don't think I have looked forward to a house this much before. Krampus I feel, if done right (and well), has the potential to be the best house of the year (if not the past few years). The mixture of puppets, a simple facade, a totally different holiday blending with horror, and some great special effects will make it amazing. I just hope they don't get cheesy (giant gingerbread people for example) or use Krampus to much. I feel like Krampus himself should be treated like the Alien Queen was treated in Hollywood. Create a massive, 2+ story tall puppet and put him at the very end. I don't want Krampus to be "short" and stuck around every corner. 

Based on Mike's teaser, I think it will be Psycho. They seem to be making a big push with classic horror movies and I love it! Setting up a perfect return for our favorite movie Usher.  

If they are going to be accurate to the movie, Krampus will not be 2 stories tall. He isn't massively huge, he is only about 7-8 ft high, plus his horns. I would like him to be somewhat scattered around the house, but not overly so. I would like them to make his appearance more and more noticeable with every time you see him. I think his first appearance should be as a static prop sitting on top of the house facade ( if that is what they are planning to do ), with his next one being him only as a shadow or a silhouetted figure. And then gradually have him become more and more detailed. I think the scene of him coming out of the chimney would be an amazing one to put in the house. And then have his workshop possibly be the finale with his last appearance in that room, along with his elves and toys. I'm just curious if he will be a puppet throughout, or a suit like in the movie. Could be both. All I know is that I am for sure auditioning for HHN this year and I pray that I get in as one of the Krampus'.  

• Like 1

I would absolutely love to do Cabin in the Woods again. I know it probably won't happen but it was a pretty amazing house. 

I am good with Michael Myers returning though.

Oh I wonder what it will be... so exciting! 

13 hours ago, Legacy said:

Regarding my list:

Because I want to encourage effort, I will confirm that The Return is NOT TWD.

Stealing from OU somewhat, since I'm too dull to think of new answers:

Walking Dead is not "The Return", but "The Returning".

"The Return"...Halloween..2? Technically a return, yet different somewhat.

Is it remotely possible that "the return" and "the returning" could be Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street? Since they were at the event last year in FvJ and were also sprinkled in periodically throughout the years, could they be making a return? Maybe the lineup will be something similar to 2007 (The original Thing included)? 

On 5/23/2016 at 10:41 AM, criticalanalysis said:

I do not want CitW coming back. Absolutely not. Halloween, while great, should not come back.

It's not. Least not to my knowledge.

On 5/23/2016 at 11:13 AM, criticalanalysis said:

No. I hope there are zero comebacks.

depending on your definition of "comeback" you'll be disappointed. It has and will always happen that they bring things back. I mean we already have confirmation of a requel house. I would not expect this year to be any different. If you mean room for room like AWIL... eh depends on the house. There have been a LOT of really good old houses I vaguely remember (we are talking 2.5 decades at this point). Re-imagine the same house with today's technology? Sure I'm for it.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, JDW said:

It's not. Least not to my knowledge.

depending on your definition of "comeback" you'll be disappointed. It has and will always happen that they bring things back. I mean we already have confirmation of a requel house. I would not expect this year to be any different. If you mean room for room like AWIL... eh depends on the house. There have been a LOT of really good old houses I vaguely remember (we are talking 2.5 decades at this point). Re-imagine the same house with today's technology? Sure I'm for it.

Which is basically what people should expect for our requel. Even if it is an identical layout, the modern effects will make a completely new house even for the savants who can remember everything about it.

• Like 3

Maybe next year's Requel will be Halloween...

For many years Dimension Films has been trying to get another "Halloween" film off the ground but ultimately in all that messing about, they lost the rights to the iconic horror series.

Now, in an unexpected announcement at an event in Los Angeles tonight, "Insidious" and "Sinister" producers Blumhouse Productions revealed that they are teaming with Miramax and Trancas International to co-finance a new "Halloween" sequel.

On top of that, director John Carpenter will be on board the film as executive producer - returning to the very franchise he created. Though not officially set to do so, Blum also reportedly made it clear at the announcement that the hope is to see Carpenter also return to score the new film.

In typical dry Carpenter fashion, the filmmaker says: "38 years after the original Halloween. I'm going to help to try to make the 10th sequel the scariest of them all." Malek Akkad and Jason Blum will also produce the new film which will immediately go out to filmmakers and is on a fast-track to production with a Halloween 2017 release looking quite likely.

I'll go ahead and list some originals considered to be highly regarded by creative or fans:

Dungeon of Terror

People Under The Stairs

Frightanic

Hotel Hell

Screamhouse

Hellgate

Ghost Town

Castle Vampyr

Nightingales 

So I guess the question is: Does our requel feature an icon?

Edited by Tich0las