HHN 25 Discussion

At first I was like "4 repeats? Purge for Terror Tram? THIS IS THE FUCKING END??? No way." 

Then I thought about it. And with how busy Murdy's been this year, repeats for familiarity and easiness would make sense. And he's been talking about a completely out of the box property forever, so it's possible for This is the End. But it's not time sensitive in the slightest and he's been playing that card all damn year. Plus the list cuts a house, which Mudry has been saying will NOT happen all year long. So unless something happened, I think the list has only partial credibility.

They're announcing Crimson Peak for Hollywood tomorrow at Comic Con. Their Instragram put up a teaser an hour or two ago about an announcement coming soon, and it's a video showing what looks like architecture and other things from trailers and posters. If Orlando doesn't say anything tomorrow, there's solid info that we're not getting it. I don't anticipate it at all, but I want it SO bad and would love it if everyone was blind sided by a surprise announcement, instead of say AWiL repeating or even Scream.

I honestly think Murdy's obsession with "time-sensitivity" this year was a carney move. The only truly time sensitive thing on the list is Crimson Peak. The rest are either repeats from last year or a year too early/late for full relevancy. Murdy would know that.

And considering Hollywood is teasing an announcement and Orlando is dead quiet about Comic-Con, I think it's a safe bet that whatever they're getting, we're not.

Murdy never said we wouldn't be losing a maze with 100% certainty. He always would say "but things change" at the end of any tweet relating to that question. I believe he said something like that twice from what I can remember. That uncertainty plus the various people who've said we'll be losing a maze ( I didn't believe them but unfortunately I'm starting to now) makes it seem like it's becoming more likely. 

So do we know if we are 100% getting an announcement today or are we just hoping? I am dying for announcement and as much as I do love TWD, I really hope it's not that just yet as we are pretty sure that is coming regardless. Guess we will have to wait, it's killing me!

Crimson Peak is almost definitely coming to Hollywood. Between the Bulls and del Toro match and the pics that I believe were sent out, it is as close to a sure shot as possible. All I know is that if somehow it is Krampus and we don't get it (and instead get AWiL) I'll be kinda angry.

Good. Let them be the test dummy for a property we know nothing about. If it ends up doing well and they take the unfortunate IP route again next year then they'll serve as the litmus test for how well the public receives it (both as a movie and haunt).

And I have a feeling that's exactly what happened. There are two big ghost movies this year: One a highly profitable franchise and another an unknown entity directed by a genius who isn't known for blockbusters or widely seen films. If Orlando management is going to choose one, they're going to pick the known entity.

For once, my hunch was spot on.

• Like 1

And I have a feeling that's exactly what happened. There are two big ghost movies this year: One a highly profitable franchise and another an unknown entity directed by a genius who isn't known for blockbusters or widely seen films. If Orlando management is going to choose one, they're going to pick the known entity.

For once, my hunch was spot on.

So Orlando is going with Paranormal Activity? ^_^

I don't care how bad the movie is (Crimson Peak)... I'd take just about anything over An American Werewolf in London this year. I could maybe see it being used another 5 years from now, but it's only been 2 years.

Just saw the video announcement. Seriously?! They get Crimson Peak and we are getting another AWIL house on the big anniversary? Wow that is so freaking lame. C'mon that one should have gone to both and Universal Orlando could have actually done something with it because the movie looks like it has a ton of potential unlike Dracula Untold. Who really wanted AWIL again?

It's almost worse then TWD because that will at least be different sets. Theres' not much they can change with AWIL. 

Who really wanted AWIL again?

Well, A&D for one. Second were all the people raving it as one of the best houses ever. The subtext of that is that they wanted it back and that was loved enough to be featured during the anniversary.

• Like 1

Well, A&D for one. Second were all the people raving it as one of the best houses ever. The subtext of that is that they wanted it back and that was loved enough to be featured during the anniversary.

Out of all the IPs this one was the one I didn't mind. I felt the first house was too "condensed" even if they hit all the scenes. They could've especially done the moors, bar, etc area more justice. Some of the wolf attacks were visible from a mile away. Some of the transitions were odd and some scenes could've been done better.

Out of all the IPs this one was the one I didn't mind. I felt the first house was too "condensed" even if they hit all the scenes. They could've especially done the moors, bar, etc area more justice. Some of the wolf attacks were visible from a mile away. Some of the transitions were odd and some scenes could've been done better.

And from my understanding, that's one of the key things they're looking to improve.

Nope. We had FvJ announced a month ago and Hollywood got Crimson Peak yesterday. That's all so far. They're referring to the all but confirmed rumored list of houses we've been discussing for the past few months.

I've watched vids of Hollywood's AWiL a few times and the only things I can honestly say I want from it are the subway scene and the expanded pub scene. The rest looked cheesy or bad. Their wolves didn't seem to have the same range of motion as ours, which has been upgraded even more apparently. A lot of black hallways with nothing in em, except 1 or 2 with a wolf for no reason. The first transformation scene was REALLY bad, but the second one (which was like the one we had) was fine.  I could've picked a lot of things to impove upon on Hollywood's incarnation, but Orlando's was pretty spot on. I'm sure there's way to plus it that I can't even think of, though. Smoother transitions could be interesting.

Legacy, if you care to elaborate, what is "interesting" about what you're hearing about the anniversary house?

• Like 2

Legacy, if you care to elaborate, what is "interesting" about what you're hearing about the anniversary house?

I already did.

If what was alluded to me is correct, it features more than what you would expect, but still things you are extremely familiar with.

• Like 3

I already did.

If what was alluded to me is correct, it features more than what you would expect, but still things you are extremely familiar with.

Any idea how many rooms there will be? Will it be a fairly large house similar to last year's TWD?

Any idea how many rooms there will be? Will it be a fairly large house similar to last year's TWD?

Don't know any of those details. 

But, based on the way casting appears and some of the changes made during production this year I don't think we're getting another mega house.

Guest kiwisoup

Nope. We had FvJ announced a month ago and Hollywood got Crimson Peak yesterday. That's all so far. They're referring to the all but confirmed rumored list of houses we've been discussing for the past few months.

I've watched vids of Hollywood's AWiL a few times and the only things I can honestly say I want from it are the subway scene and the expanded pub scene. The rest looked cheesy or bad. Their wolves didn't seem to have the same range of motion as ours, which has been upgraded even more apparently. A lot of black hallways with nothing in em, except 1 or 2 with a wolf for no reason. The first transformation scene was REALLY bad, but the second one (which was like the one we had) was fine.  I could've picked a lot of things to impove upon on Hollywood's incarnation, but Orlando's was pretty spot on. I'm sure there's way to plus it that I can't even think of, though. Smoother transitions could be interesting.

well one thing Hollywood had that was better was actual creature masks in the nightnare massacre portion. And not just the hospital one. That always bugged me.

Oh, thanks for that I will have a look at the video of that house. Still don't really want AWIL but if that's what we get, nothing we can do about it. :( 

Anyone got any idea or guess of when we will have an announcement? I really thought we would know more by now.

Also I know the houses have been rumoured and I think I found those but has there been anything leaked about what scare zones we might be having? 

Edited by mmc

Oh, thanks for that I will have a look at the video of that house. Still don't really want AWIL but if that's what we get, nothing we can do about it. :( 

Anyone got any idea or guess of when we will have an announcement? I really thought we would know more by now.

Also I know the houses have been rumoured and I think I found those but has there been anything leaked about what scare zones we might be having? 

Hollywood is having another announcement soon, it's possible we get our shared IPs out of the way next.

• Like 1