HHN 25 Discussion

So you're not going to HHN this year?

Don't buy merch, food, and just drink water. Eat before the park. And ROF let's you go a LOT more than two nights. You do not need to do the UMTH tour at all (after doing it a few years I realized it simply isn't worth it. They have the same type of info each year, and lights on the houses look worse).

So you're not going to HHN this year?

Don't buy merch, food, and just drink water. Eat before the park. And ROF let's you go a LOT more than two nights. You do not need to do the UMTH tour at all (after doing it a few years I realized it simply isn't worth it. They have the same type of info each year, and lights on the houses look worse).

Correct I am not going. I always do all of these things. NEVER has it cost so much. I want to enjoy my time... not skimp because of the price.

I loved the UMTH tour and if I went I would want to do it. Then again. It was crowded as hell last year as well. The AP party was so choked with people it was 45 min waits for houses with a restricted audience. I waited longer than I have ever waited for a house last year... in the rain. (Unless you count fright nights... there was only one house.)  I'm just over it.

Two nights is all I have the ability to go.

My point is I can see 3 different events in two nights and get a hotel still insanely cheaper than the fiasco and ordeal HHN has become.

I just am... disappointed in what it has become. YOU of all people should know what that is ;) I'm not even upset with the decision. I'm excited to try all new (to me) events.

Anyway, I didn't mean for this to become a huge topic. Was just supposed to be a BTW with the RIP and UMTH prices.

I just am... disappointed in what it has become. YOU of all people should know what that is

;)

I'm not even upset with the decision. I'm excited to try all new (to me) events.

Haha, thanks for the laugh. Well you're braver than I am bud. Even if the year sucked I would feel terrible missing a year. Hope you don't regret it :) Well, worse comes to worse, if you hear the event is 10/10 then you'll probably want to check it out - and can! 

Edited by criticalanalysis

I think the price of the Unmasking the Horror Tour went up. Anyone know how much it was last year for the combo (both tours) package per person? We just booked ours and it was roughly $127 each. We also didn't get the day we wanted because apparently Saturday October 3rd is only for corporate events. That kinda threw a monkey wrench into our plans. I'd like to also point out that on the website, it says the combo package is $109.99. However, when we went to make the purchase, they said it was more because of the day we chose. I didn't catch the "starting at" $109.99. As mentioned above, visiting sure isn't cheap.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR

any guesses or ideas when we might get another announcement?

If they don't do it soon it'll be a disservice. They have exactly 12 weeks until the event starts. In reality, they should give themselves two weeks in advance of the event to announce everything, so it's 10 weeks.

They still have 8 houses and 6 scare zones to announce plus shows.

I think the price of the Unmasking the Horror Tour went up. Anyone know how much it was last year for the combo (both tours) package per person? We just booked ours and it was roughly $127 each. We also didn't get the day we wanted because apparently Saturday October 3rd is only for corporate events. That kinda threw a monkey wrench into our plans. I'd like to also point out that on the website, it says the combo package is $109.99. However, when we went to make the purchase, they said it was more because of the day we chose. I didn't catch the "starting at" $109.99. As mentioned above, visiting sure isn't cheap.

Last years combo was $100 before tax (so $107 after tax).

It was either AIW or Insidious. Can't remember which right now.

It's Insidious, considering Alice is now rumored to be in Shrek.

Excuse me, you're right. Five.

And 2 roaming hordes. ;)

I still have my hopes up that we'll get an announcement this weekend. Mike's been hinting at it for about 2 weeks now.

Edited by JackTheREAPER

Isn't Insidious in Sprung 2? I thought the rumor for Sprung 1 was either Alice or Scream, which would now make Sprung 1 Scream and Shrek Alice.

Also, it most likely won't be, but I'd love it if the next announcement was the Anniversary house. I want a name, and I want more concrete info on what will actually be in the house.

Edited by foREVer56
  • Like 1

Yeah, that was the initial rumor, but apparently Scream and Alice were mixed up, and I don't expect Alice to have a normal boxy facade like the one up for Sprung 1. I could be wrong, but I anticipate something completely disfigured and original for that house.

• Like 1

Since everyone is mixed up, here's what I remember...

-Alice is rumored to be in Shrek.

-Tent 1 (The one with the facade) is rumored to be Insidious. 

-Tent 2 is rumored to be Scream.

Also, it most likely won't be, but I'd love it if the next announcement was the Anniversary house. I want a name, and I want more concrete info on what will actually be in the house.

Unfortunately, I think the originals will be announced last, after all the IPs are done with, like last year. We have to get through these IPs to get to the real good stuff.

I really hope we get an announcement tomorrow and it would make my year if we 100% get Scream, I know they aren't the scariest movies of all time but they are some of my favourite movies. ^_^

What makes you think there will be any announcement tomorrow?

Just a hunch... Maybe I'm wrong, but I think Mike likes releasing information on Mondays. He also mentioned that the coming weeks he'll begin releasing info. He mentioned that last week. Besides, he needs to get the ball moving. Unless they decide to just dump the info on us in large blocks, which would be unfortunate and unlikely,  time is running out with only several weeks left. It also makes additional sense because many people will be coming back from long weekend vacations/trips (possibly even Mike) and will appreciate some good news. 

So... either this week or next Monday the latest we'll get an announcement.

Typically, the houses will be announced on the same day every week (unless they double up two in a week). Freddy vs Jason was announced on a Wednesday. If there is an announcement this week, it'll likely be Wednesday or Thursday.

Besides, auditions start Tuesday. Mike has more important stuff to focus on this Monday and Tuesday.

I think we're going under the house announcement count for this week due to one big event..San Diego Comic Con. I think theres valid chances of two house announcements on both coasts. TWD to be announced at one of the two big TWD panels and possibly Legendary to announce something.