HHN 25 Discussion

The most you'll see outwardly is a facade change. No biggie... and not by HHN I reckon. They'll find a way to do the queues they always do. Not even sure it will affect the queues anyway as, almost of the time, they are in the outside queue for twister. Only once do I remember them going into the interior of twister.

• Like 2

They can't demo the whole building. Rockit runs through it. This will most likely be a similar situation to the Hanna Baberra/Neutron change over. We will just get an internal change (although ride elements will be added I'm assuming).

Wanted to add: The initial project permit is for building renovations.

It's a little more than that, from what I was told. What I was told could be wrong, but the person who told me is pretty trustworthy.

This won't cause any problems at all this year. Nothing to worry about. Next year, they'll have to get creative with the SS queues, and they'll probably have to find another spot for the Disaster house.

Anyways, went on Rockit this morning. One of the big SS doors on SS24 was open. You can see that at least one of the houses has been built, and there was already scenic started on it. It looked like the exit of a house, and there was a rough brownish material on the wall. Looked a lot like rockwork of some sorts. This is the building holding Blizzard and FvJ, I believe, so it could be either.

Edited by foREVer56

Anyways, went on Rockit this morning. One of the big SS doors on SS24 was open. You can see that at least one of the houses has been built, and there was already scenic started on it. It looked like the exit of a house, and there was a rough brownish material on the wall. Looked a lot like rockwork of some sorts. This is the building holding Blizzard and FvJ, I believe, so it could be either.

Yep. I've had my eye on SS24 since March probably, when I first saw a stockpile of wood outside of the SS. I saw the big door open when I went last weekend. I didn't think it would still be open though. It looked pretty empty inside when I saw it, but there were what seemed like white panels lined up on the floor.I do think it's FvJ, considering Mike on twitter said that FvJ hasn't begun construction, and the rumored SS25 permit hasn't been announced yet. But we'll have to see. Anyways, I've been getting pictures of the area in case it was for HHN, here's a couple recent ones from last weekend. CHVFY8OWIAAaxR1.jpgCHVFaE1UYAEE3n_.jpg

SS25 was the wrong SS. They're using 21 for the Anniversary house, 22 for AWiL, and 24 for FvJ/Blizzard, unless someone got the house locations wrong like someone said is possible earlier. But those are the SSs with permits, so it's gonna be those. The door I'm talking about is the one directly facing the back of the NY Facades, where Dracula/AvP exited and where Drac entered.d

• Like 2

For what it's worth, I just saw the first 8 minutes of the Scream TV series and it honestly doesn't look like it's going to be that bad. It has the spirit of the films and the mask looks a lot better in the scene with proper lighting and color grading. Gave me hope it might actually be worth a watch. Still hope the house is based on the films though.

Maybe we get to vote for a scare zone this year like Hollywood did last year?

Doubtful. Orlando "tries" to go with a larger scale in the streets than Hollywood. That requires more planning. The zone that was voted on had minimal sets, so the vote was basically on what costume to wear.

While the idea of voting for a zone (or a house) is great in theory, it doesn't jive with the creative control Orlando practices.

That said, I would love to a contest where fans write a house synopsis. The poll runs during the event, ending the final weekend when they announce the winning house that is built the following year. As part of the grand prize, the winner gets a meeting with A&D during the planning phase of the event (Jan/Feb).

• Like 4

CIhaeMpUcAUAnGl.jpg

Universal really needs to learn how to drop clues.

Why would you post something like that and them... 24 hrs later... nothing?

That's almost as bad as saying "Don't fall asleep" and then posting at 6:00 am in the morning.

• Like 1