HHN 25 Discussion

Probably that last weekend. Typically Halloween is a lot less crowded than the rest of the event, less so in last couple years as event has gotten more popular, but still a good day to go I think.

already sounding better with less crowds I was more worried about is the quality still there at that point? like are the scareactors halfway checked out and no longer give a shit because its almost over? I've never been that close to the end of it before

Will Potter be open?...

I read that has a no. If they're doing Express for rides that are open (because why else mention rides at all), then this seems to imply Gringotts isn't open. If Gringotts isn't open (the one attraction in Diagon), then why open Diagon at all?

already sounding better with less crowds I was more worried about is the quality still there at that point? like are the scareactors halfway checked out and no longer give a shit because its almost over? I've never been that close to the end of it before

maybe some will, but overall that's not a problem at all. I think some might even have a renewed energy about it because it's almost over and because it's Halloween.

Didn't think they would typically point out that express isn't available for rides that aren't even open. Seems to imply that it's open just without express. I don't know for sure though, it's a big surprise if it is. Didn't think they'd ever have it open for HHN

Edited by ScottEdmondson41

I read that has a no. If they're doing Express for rides that are open (because why else mention rides at all), then this seems to imply Gringotts isn't open. If Gringotts isn't open (the one attraction in Diagon), then why open Diagon at all?

If a ride or area isn't open or accessible, why would a restriction be needed? Also, no other rides are mentioned, but traditionally ET (which has Express) is also not open during the event.

Correct me if I'm wrong (I usually focus on houses and rarely ride rides), but MiB, Simpsons, Rockit, Mummy, Transformers, and Despicable Me are the rides that have been open in recent years.

If the restriction is applying to attractions that are not open, then ET and Disaster should be listed as well. (I'm unsure if Shrek has Express.).

• Like 1

My only suspicion is that they also included the Express which definitely wont be open since IOA will be closed during the event...

Forgive me if this is somewhere else, but does anyone have a schedule of when things were "officially" released last year? Just wondering if this'll wind up being a similarly released schedule.

June 9 - TWD, Tickets, Website Update, UTH Tour Info

July 14 - From Dusk Till Dawn

July 17 - Face Off

July 21 - The Purge

Aug 4 - AvP

Aug 7 - Dracula

Aug 12 - Rest of Houses (except Halloween) & Scarezones

Aug 28 - Halloween, Full Website

• Like 1

June 9 - TWD, Tickets, Website Update, UTH Tour Info

July 14 - From Dusk Till Dawn

July 17 - Face Off

July 21 - The Purge

Aug 4 - AvP

Aug 7 - Dracula

Aug 12 - Rest of Houses (except Halloween) & Scarezones

Aug 28 - Halloween, Full Website

Thanks so much! That really helps.

No Harry Potter attraction has express so why bother mentioning that? But if they mentioned that, it would be a huge tease to put that and not have it be open.

Also why the Hogwarts Express? I mean they could board from IOA if they have an HHN pass but other than that I see no reason why they would do that.

Orlando is WAY better than Hollywood, IMO.. so you'll LOVE this experience. But the bigger question: Why the hell would you move from perfect San Diego to Orlando??

Dems Fightin" Words, Hunnylvr! (Just kidding, hee hee). While I consider HHN California as my "home" haunt event, I could not help but be immensely impressed with Orlando duirng my first visit in 2014. Specifically, the Walking Dead house in Orlando made just about any house in Hollywood seem tame (and I thoroughly enjoyed HHN-CA!) and even rides like The Mummy had a far greater thrill factor and effects than the west coast version.

However, the Hollywood event feels more intimate and contained, and I am rarely rushed to get through the event allowing time to enjoy the ambience. (Roanoke seemed like a Hollywood style of maze; I loved it!) Lastly, while I can't quite put my finger on it, HHN-Hollywood always has a charge in the air, as if the historical significance of being a film studio plays a role in enjoying the event.

But you now have Freddy vs Jason.....wish I could be there!

Edited by AsylumSB

No Harry Potter attraction has express so why bother mentioning that? But if they mentioned that, it would be a huge tease to put that and not have it be open.

Also why the Hogwarts Express? I mean they could board from IOA if they have an HHN pass but other than that I see no reason why they would do that.

Last year they kept Diagon open for day ticket holders. While USF closed at 5 for HHN, IOA was open later and day guests there could ride HE over and enjoy Diagon, but not leave the London area into USF unless they had an HHN ticket. Those without had to ride HE back to IOA and exit that way. Edited by kelise

Well, while that's why we're seeing the complaints, I don't think that's why they're complaining.

While it's "great" to have Jack back since he is a Horror Nights original, his return (and so far it's only HIS return) is indicative of what people have been complaining about for the last three years regarding TWD: Repetition. Truly, Jack is somewhat worse considering this is his seventh appearance and fourth year as marketing lead. It's not TWD again, but Jack doesn't fix the problem.

• Like 1

Well, while that's why we're seeing the complaints, I don't think that's why they're complaining.

While it's "great" to have Jack back since he is a Horror Nights original, his return (and so far it's only HIS return) is indicative of what people have been complaining about for the last three years regarding TWD: Repetition. Truly, Jack is somewhat worse considering this is his seventh appearance and fourth year as marketing lead. It's not TWD again, but Jack doesn't fix the problem.

I feel like Jack is so different than TWD .. they have so much more free range with Jack than they do with Walking Dead.. I love the icons and always welcome them back because they the ICONS of HHN..

• Like 2

And just like TWD, those "ICONS" have been done to death, soooo, Jack is no different than TWD. Let's be consistant here please.

And here I thought that we where done beating on this dead horse once and for all.

Except the part where Jack hasn't been a huge part of the event for the past three years while Walking dead has been the center of attention, to the point where all our scarezones were replaced with walking dead one year, for the last three years.

Plus with how popular the event has gotten over the past few years there is probably a large chunk of people who have never experienced an event with jack and I personally think it is a good move, especially with how popular he has been in the past. I have gotten a couple of my friends to become HHN regulars over the past couple years and they are stoked to see jack because they have never seen him before, but even people whose first year was last year groan at the thought of walking dead returning once again.

• Like 2