HHN 25 Discussion

Except the part where Jack hasn't been a huge part of the event for the past three years while Walking dead has been the center of attention, to the point where all our scarezones were replaced with walking dead one year, for the last three years.

Plus with how popular the event has gotten over the past few years there is probably a large chunk of people who have never experienced an event with jack and I personally think it is a good move, especially with how popular he has been in the past. I have gotten a couple of my friends to become HHN regulars over the past couple years and they are stoked to see jack because they have never seen him before, but even people whose first year was last year groan at the thought of walking dead returning once again.

I don't mind Jack coming back, but you can't compare him with the popularity of TWD. TWD was the best move they could pull off to get people in the park. Many of those people who are complaining about TWD repeating are just complaining because they want variety, not repeated properties (or they just don't like zombies). Furthermore, in my opinion, if someone is complaining about a repeat after going just 1 year, that's kinda ridiculous. If it's ok for them to complain, I'd imagine it's even more fair for the people who attended the 7 years when Jack was involved with the event.

This...

Considering the cost to attend the event, the guests deserve to see different themes each year as well as the newest concepts in the haunt industry.

I honestly can't wait when they drop the TWD round 4 / An American Werewolf in London (2nd time in 2 years) bombshell on the gp.

Edited by ThNdIzNiR
  • Like 2

And just like TWD, those "ICONS" have been done to death, soooo, Jack is no different than TWD. Let's be consistant here please.

And here I thought that we where done beating on this dead horse once and for all.

So you're tired of TWD and Icons? What do you suggest then to switch things up? New Icons always flop (example being Lady Luck, Fear) and TWD I do agree is a dead horse, a skeleton of a dead horse at this point. Idk where else they can take it. That's why Universal doesn't pay me the big bucks.

Lady Luck wasnt an A&D creation...

Fear bomb cause they marketed him wrong.. He could have been cool if they did it right.

Albert, Director both were successful the first yr they came to the event...

Edited by DesigningtheFear
  • Like 1

So you're tired of TWD and Icons? What do you suggest then to switch things up? New Icons always flop (example being Lady Luck, Fear) and TWD I do agree is a dead horse, a skeleton of a dead horse at this point. Idk where else they can take it. That's why Universal doesn't pay me the big bucks.

New icons that are good don't flop.

Bad icons flop (Lady Luck).

Weak icons flop (Storyteller).

Misused icons flop (Fear).

Unnecessary icons flop (Usher).

As far as where to take icons?

Samhain.

Crowe.

The Master.

Terra Queen.

Nightmare.

Not to mention a slew of ideas we haven't heard of that could still be devised.

• Like 2

BTW, i meant the whole topic is beating a dead horse, not just TWD. Just in case you're purposely twisting my words.

Nice try but not quite. Just refer back to what legacy, and and ThN posted for my take since they where spot on point. That's all.

I don't mind Jack coming back, but you can't compare him with the popularity of TWD. TWD was the best move they could pull off to get people in the park. Many of those people who are complaining about TWD repeating are just complaining because they want variety, not repeated properties (or they just don't like zombies). Furthermore, in my opinion, if someone is complaining about a repeat after going just 1 year, that's kinda ridiculous. If it's ok for them to complain, I'd imagine it's even more fair for the people who attended the 7 years when Jack was involved with the event.

That is a fair point. I honestly did not even look at it that way and really appreciate you helping me see it from a different perspective. I like Jack and don't mind him coming back in the slightest and it isn't fair for me to assume or expect everyone feels the same way I do.

About a year ago Universal (and Disney) decided to treat E-Cigarettes the same as regular cigarettes so they must now be smoked in designated smoking areas.

As stated above, that is the policy of Universal. You can choose to obey it or not, your choice along with the outcome.

No need for further discussion on the matter.

• Like 2

yeah, I agree with you. Insidious should be the next announcement because it will only get farther away from the theatrical release, and hype for the movie diminishes. But shouldn't this topic be moved to speculation?

I'm thinking Insidious will be last, in late August, to promote the DVD release. Why announce it now, when it's been forgotten at the movies already due to Jurassic World and everything else coming out in the next 2 months? Best bet is to just wait and do it last, get people interested in the movie again and make them wanna see it on DVD before they experience the house.

It appears as if we're only sharing TWD and Insidious this year, so there's a good chance Hollywood's 1st reveal is exclusive to them, if they don't wanna announce TWD as their 1st offering for the 4th time.

I'm thinking Insidious will be last, in late August, to promote the DVD release. Why announce it now, when it's been forgotten at the movies already due to Jurassic World and everything else coming out in the next 2 months? Best bet is to just wait and do it last, get people interested in the movie again and make them wanna see it on DVD before they experience the house.

It appears as if we're only sharing TWD and Insidious this year, so there's a good chance Hollywood's 1st reveal is exclusive to them, if they don't wanna announce TWD as their 1st offering for the 4th time.

A couple items about this statement. It's basically confirmed that Insidious Chapter 3 isn't coming out on DVD until October & by then the event will already be in full swing. With Jurassic World this week & the line-up of Inside Out, Ted 2, Terminator Genisys, Magic Mike XXL & Minions in the coming weeks, Insidious will have a short shelf life on the box office & be gone by mid July at the latest with all the blockbusters coming out.

I think Insidious should've been the first announcement to play on the new film which is what I think will be a part of our house & the basis of Hollywood's maze. So I would announce it quickly before people seem to forget about it & without a DVD release to promote, it may get lost in the shuffle.

With TWD & Insidious most likely confirmed to be coast to coast, I think there may be at least one more somewhat shared IP but it's anyone's guess at this point. That being said it will be hard to announce Insidious as a share since that leaves Hollywood at a 1-2 disadvantage. Unless Hollywood announces something that is just for them soon after. Then we can progress in announcement season.

Back on the topic at hand. I say the next release will be TWD or Insidious. But it would be a good change of pace if they did an IP then an Original concept. But Universal needs to hype the event so it makes sense to flop their metaphorical penis on the table for the GP to gander at.

• Like 1

Back on the topic at hand. I say the next release will be TWD or Insidious. But it would be a good change of pace if they did an IP then an Original concept. But Universal needs to hype the event so it makes sense to flop their metaphorical penis on the table for the GP to gander at.

Um.. gross.

It would be a refreshing change of pace if they announced TWD as part of a group announcement - you know, let some of the other houses have single announcement build-up and then just include TWD with as part of "the rest of the list". I know, wishful thinking, but I also have wishful thinking that TWD won't get announced AT ALL - that it was just someone's idea of a cruel joke to include it in the list this year.

If I had to guess - I'd say Insidious is next. I'm also shocked this wasn't the first announcement since the movie had just come out..

• Like 1

I also have wishful thinking that TWD won't get announced AT ALL - that it was just someone's idea of a cruel joke to include it in the list this year.

No TWD? Maybe in a twist of events, they run with Syfy's Z Nation (it's returning this fall)?

I always lean towards the turkey leg (end of the night) and twisted taters (halfway point) myself. Actually... the past couple years we've been hitting the Bumblebee Man Taco Truck for some chicken tacos as well.

my options for hhn this year is to go either Oct 16 and 17 or Oct 30 and 31, which weekend would be better? any and all feedback is greatly appreciated

With Halloween on a Saturday, that will eat up a lot of the potential crowd (every bar in town throws a costume contest, people with kids have to go trick or treating). If they don't lift the restriction on Frequent Fear passes--up until 2014 I'd say it was a given, now not so sure--I imagine Halloween night will be quite manageable for the first time in half a decade.

Back to HHN 25 discussion.. have any of you tried to buy FFP+ yet? When I go to the site, and I click on FFP+ with Express, it asks me to login with my AP number. So, I put in my info, and I click login, and it reroutes me to the main Universal Orlando page. There is nothing there about buying HHN tix, so I click on events and HHN, and then it brings me back to the HHN where it asks me to log in again. WTF Anybody else having this issue?

Back to HHN 25 discussion.. have any of you tried to buy FFP+ yet?  When I go to the site, and I click on FFP+ with Express, it asks me to login with my AP number.   So, I put in my info, and I click login, and it reroutes me to the main Universal Orlando page.  There is nothing there about buying HHN tix, so I click on events and HHN, and then it brings me back to the HHN where it asks me to log in again.  WTF  Anybody else having this issue?

I'm waiting until next week to buy the tickets. That will give them a week or so to iron out the bugs. I'd imagine they won't sell out before then, especially if the website isn't working correctly.

• Like 1

Personally, I'm hoping we don't get Scream at all, but instead get a return of Scream House (02, 03, and 06).

As much as love scream, I think I would be okay with this. I always love the "dilapidated old house" houses. I just find them creepier than any other houses. That is why I loved Dead End so much and was even quite fond of the Legendary Truth house. The only Scream House I experienced was Scream House Resurrection in 2006 and I enjoyed it quite a bit. It would be cool to see it and the Caretaker again.

As far as the smoking situation goes, I am a smoker, I smoke in the areas Universal has designated for me to smoke in. I do this not only out of respect for the rules Universal has put in place, but also for the courtesy of others who do not want to be subjected to my smoke. Even as a smoker I don't like smoke going in my face and I even find the huge clouds of vapor from e cigs annoying in the lines for houses. Just keep it all in the smoking areas. That is what they are there for.