HHN 25 Discussion

Spotted a ton of pine trees bundled up next to ss24. The door is open and you can see the construction- kind of cool. All this is viewed from the rip ride rocket btw.

Edit- there is more scaffolding on the sprung closest to Simpsons. I'd expect facade work in a few weeks

24's gonna be Blizzard and FvJ, it seems. Pine trees can honestly work for either one. Lol

So, as far as SSs are concerned, it's SS22 for AWiL, 21 for Anniversary house, and 24A for FvJ and 24B for Blizzard, right? Wondering if the anniversary house will be a "mega" house like TWD last year.

So Murdy said on twitter no announcements till July for Hollywood. I'm assuming this means we won't see the TWD or Insidious announcements till then, as I don't think they'll announce each coast separately. If we do get any announcements within the next 2 weeks, there's a chance of getting the anniversary house or Scream announced next, I'd guess.

Don't be surprised If some of the speculation on locations has changed. From what I've heard our list is more or less correct, but our locations (Meaning which house is where) is dead wrong. Especially Shrek Vs. Tent 3.

Don't be surprised If some of the speculation on locations has changed. From what I've heard our list is more or less correct, but our locations (Meaning which house is where) is dead wrong. Especially Shrek Vs. Tent 3.

Given what's supposed to be the first in park scare zone, it makes much more sense to flip Shrek & Sprung 1.

Which is what I was saying. Putting Scream in Shrek wouldn't make any sense simply by virtue on that sort of venue. It needs the space of a tent that Shrek is unlikely to provide. Putting Alice in Wonderland (3D or not), as the one "new," "non-IP" house in Shrek is the only logical choice.

Which is what I was saying. Putting Scream in Shrek wouldn't make any sense simply by virtue on that sort of venue. It needs the space of a tent that Shrek is unlikely to provide. Putting Alice in Wonderland (3D or not), as the one "new," "non-IP" house in Shrek is the only logical choice.

Scream 2 would work in Shrek due to the finale of the film but i'd much rather have it in a Sprung. Alice+Scary Tales= Win Win.

I agree putting Alice up front makes sense. However, that means the back corner is TWD-Scream-Insidious (if TWD and Insidious are still correct), which definitely means that that section will be the busiest section of the park, like how the TWD-AvP-Drac section was last year.

Also, if the rest of the locations map is true, that means the AP party will get early access to TWD-Scream-Insidious, which would be awesome! Knock 3 of the most popular houses before the park's even open :D

Well after TWD was announced early June last year, there wasn't another announcement till July. Borrowed from mz_ from earlier in this thread:

June 9 - TWD, Tickets, Website Update, UTH Tour Info

July 14 - From Dusk Till Dawn

July 17 - Face Off

July 21 - The Purge

Aug 4 - AvP

Aug 7 - Dracula

Aug 12 - Rest of Houses (except Halloween) & Scarezones

Aug 28 - Halloween, Full Website

And FvJ was announced the same day or the day after TWD was last year. So there's a good chance we've got another 3-4 weeks till the next announcement. I hope not. Hollywood's got Fast and Furious:Supercharged and the Nighttime Studio Tour on their plates to deal with first, so there's a good chance that's the main reason Murdy's not allowed to announce anything yet. To not draw attention from those attractions.

I hope we get a formal announcement for the originals by themselves, unlike last year. The next house announced should be the anniversary one, to hype up that aspect of the event. Maybe even announce the icon SZ along with it.

Speaking of Scream, I was in NYC last week and saw a bunch of posters for the new show. As much as I didnt like the mask at first,seeing it in the posters made it look scarier than the original (although the original mask isnt scary). If the show ends up being okay it may not be that bad.

Speaking of Scream, I was in NYC last week and saw a bunch of posters for the new show. As much as I didnt like the mask at first,seeing it in the posters made it look scarier than the original (although the original mask isnt scary). If the show ends up being okay it may not be that bad.

This means unversel has the rights to scream mtv version.

This means unversel has the rights to scream mtv version.

No, it doesn't. It means MTV is advertising. Coleman's post says he went to NYC, not Universal. He saw posters. He thinks the new mask is scarier than the original. It has nothing to do with Universal.

It's been confirmed to me the house is based on the movie. There is actually no reason for Universal to use the MTV version when everyone will be expecting the movie. Doing that will only piss everyone (literally everyone) off.

• Like 1

t, TWD does help make the event more crowded which puts more money in Comcast's pockets so they won't leave money off the table until they can find a new franchise to not only justify the loss of a money maker but eclipse it in both awareness & popularity to make even more money.

If TWD was gone people would still go the event in droves. It's an internationally popular event. Generally, growth is consistent year after year, the only time a dip happened was around the recessionary years. It's well known the public disapproves of TWD (look at Facebook comments, or the fact they ask how people would feel if TWD comes back, as an indication of their hesitation. Hell, it's not even on the front-page of the event this year).

Completely disagree with you.

• Like 2

I've gotta agree with criticalanalysis on this one, to an extent. I agree the event would continue to grow in attendance and sales without it, but it's still a huge draw for the event. For every 5 people who complain about it being back, there's 50 more that are happy. Each year, more people start to watch the show, get into it, then wanna experience the house, and end up going for the first time. Hell there's PLENTY of people who still haven't been in a TWD house, so it wouldn't be a repeat to them. 

It hasn't been the overall guest favorite at the event during any of the 3 years it's been there, but last year was the closest, only being beaten out by Halloween and maybe Dollhouse (just because it won HoTY doesn't mean it was rated higher in guest surveys). The IP has steadily gotten better as a house each year (imo), so that could bode well for this year. However, from what I hear, last season didn't lend all that much for a house, so there's a chance the quality might dip again.

Yeah... so using facebook logic, TWD has 32,325,215 likes and HHN (Orlando & Hollywood combined) have only 1,063,267 likes.  However, there is no proof at all that TWD helped bring in guests to the event?

There is also the fact that the TWD houses had some of the largest lines in the history of the event, but I guess that isn't proof either, right?

Just because certain people don't like the show, or don't want to see it at HHN, that doesn't mean that there aren't those who do. 

For above, ^^^, HHN is an international event... TWD is also famous internationally. 

The show is extremely popular. I just don't understand why people need to complain about it being used (except maybe when they transformed the whole park's scare zones into it).

Edited by ThNdIzNiR
  • Like 1

I truly believe TWD house will mainly be based on FTWD.  As we've discussed, where do you go next from "The Largest House in HHN History?"  And being the 4th year in a row we've had this IP, it's old and tired, even to diehard TWD fans.  As TWD is the most popular TV show, FTWD will get huge ratings.  And it does sound very interesting to finally see the genesis of the virus.  So what better way to reinvigorate this IP than to base it on the new show.  Some marketing nitwit would probably try to pawn it off as a totally new IP.  (Sigh) I really hope they don't and they therefore want to save it for the last announcement.  And also, as everyone has commented, last season of TWD really didn't have many iconic scenes compared to past seasons so FTWD would be a very logical choice for them to use, I think.  Though it's only a few episodes (6 from what I initially read), I believe each episode takes place in a different area/state, maybe even with different characters each episode.  It's been a while since I read the synopsis about it.  But this format could present a better selection of scenes.  With pilots and especially spinoffs, and then factor in it's a spinoff of the highest rated TV show, the bar is set high so they're going to need to go all out - more so if there're just a few episodes in this pilot season.  But who knows, maybe they'll combine the best/few scenes from this season's TWD with FTWD scenes.