HHN 25 Discussion

Can someone explain the difference between Unmasking The Horror Tier 1 and Tier 2?

Each tour is three different houses. For example, last year, one tour was Halloween, FDTD, and Dollhouse. The other tour was WD, AVP, and Roanoke.

Edited by ForeverEvil1

Generally speaking do they cast the streets first?

It depends. In general, it's mostly veterans in the streets. Most veterans audition at the reunion. So, it always appears like streets are cast "first." But I know vets who were cast in houses the first week.

So, maybe? lol

• Like 1

Can someone explain the difference between Unmasking The Horror Tier 1 and Tier 2?

This was answered on the last page, but I will answer it again (also, this question has been asked and answered in the Tickets section where it belongs).

Tier 1 is for weekend tours while tier 2 is for weekdays.  You will be paying more for a weekend tour.

Booked our UTH tour yesterday!!!!! Going to go through 6 houses.... then regular HHN.... that's gonna be a long day. I better start stepping up my training (running and watching monster movies).

This is what I am doing too (and have done in the past) and it does make for a long day but it is super enjoyable!

Okay, so for those in the know, is the AWIL redo going to have NEW scenes or just reworked versions of the scenes in the original house?

Edited by Cooger and Dark

I'm hoping for an announcement this week, I checked (again) and this time last year The Purge was announced, never know, we might get a scarezone announced this time. I don't know but did we have more than this announced by this time last year? I feel like we barely have anything to go on compared to last year and the year before.

I'm hoping for an announcement this week, I checked (again) and this time last year The Purge was announced, never know, we might get a scarezone announced this time. I don't know but did we have more than this announced by this time last year? I feel like we barely have anything to go on compared to last year and the year before.

We are behind. Here is last year on July 27, 2014:

http://web.archive.org/web/20140727121425/http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/

They announced 4 houses and 2 scare zones at this point. I get there may be other reasons they haven't let us know things as quickly this year, but the website/marketing is doing a terrible job.

Edited by criticalanalysis
  • Like 1

http://web.archive.org/web/20140727121425/http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/

They announced 4 houses and 2 scare zones at this point. I get there may be other reasons they haven't let us know things as quickly this year, but the website/marketing is doing a terrible job.

From the perspective of a fan who just wants the announcements I agree; but I am curious if the GP has even noticed a difference in the announcement scedule?  I mean, the delay could be a tactic to boost ticket sales BEFORE they announce the properties that will potentially turn people off.

• Like 1

From the perspective of a fan who just wants the announcements I agree; but I am curious if the GP has even noticed a difference in the announcement scedule?  I mean, the delay could be a tactic to boost ticket sales BEFORE they announce the properties that will potentially turn people off.

Based off of Twitter it seems people are getting impatient. Thing is they aren't winning any favors by delaying because they're only going to potentially lose out on ticket sales now from people who aren't convinced. Everyone else is going to go, regardless, with almost certainty. What's tough, though, is that the hype-atmosphere has considerably died down from the initial involvement of Jack. It's like "here's Jack" and boom he's in the background, irrelevant. More were excited about Jack than anything else and they're not using it to their advantage.

Marketing is absolutely dropping the ball, again. The website is terribly stale, their tweets sound like a Hot Topic teenager, they're not using what they've announced already to their advantage, the announcement schedule is slow (no excuses, they can announce an original and a show now, or do something creative with the website), etc.

• Like 1

This is not true. 2 houses were officially announced at this point last year: The Walking Dead, and From Dusk 'til Dawn. 2 scare zones were announced as well: The Purge and Face Off. AVP, Dracula Untold, were in August. The Halloween leak was in July (the 17th I believe), but not officially announced until August 27th. One can assume that because no scare zones this year are IP based, they aren't announcing them with fanfare. 

Edited by StewieGriffin

Man, I've been reading this thread for weeks wanting to get in on the convo and my account confirmation finally came in! Super excited because I couldn't find a good thread anywhere. 

Besides the point,

My guess is actually we might not get anything this week, though I am hoping.

For those of you who are complaining about that marketing and website, they have a survey up you can take when you visit it. Takes 5-10 minutes. Covers all the main points of the event. Maybe help them out a little bit. Just a thought.

This is not true. 2 houses were officially announced at this point last year: The Walking Dead, and From Dusk 'til Dawn. 2 scare zones were announced as well: The Purge and Face Off. AVP, Dracula Untold, were in August. The Halloween leak was in July (the 17th I believe), but not officially announced until August 27th. One can assume that because no scare zones this year are IP based, they aren't announcing them with fanfare. 

But the website's capture was from July 27th 2014...I mean, how can that be wrong?

The linked website doesn't show all the attractions, though.

Don't know, but it's wrong.

The Walking Dead- June 9th 

From Dusk Til Dawn- July 14th

Face Off- July 16th

The Purge: Anarchy- July 21st

AVP- August 4th

Dracula Untold- August 7th

Dollhouse, Giggles, Roanoke, Bayou, Unstitched- August 12th

Halloween- August 27th

http://blog.universalorlando.com/

• Like 1

Don't know, but it's wrong.

The Walking Dead- June 9th 

From Dusk Til Dawn- July 14th

Face Off- July 16th

The Purge: Anarchy- July 21st

AVP- August 4th

Dracula Untold- August 7th

Dollhouse, Giggles, Roanoke, Bayou, Unstitched- August 12th

Halloween- August 27th

http://blog.universalorlando.com/

Either way it is still more then we have now. I'd be grateful for anything they give us at this point, especially a scarezone. Except for maybe TWD that is. 

In regard to show auditions: Yes, those are separate auditions from scareactors. And yes, you can audition for both.

In regards to codenames, it's like I said; "codes on top of codes." We know the house build code names. There are some role code names out there. It appears that the location names that are being provided are not the same as build code names.

The only scarezone code name I know of was, I'm pretty sure, for the cut 6th zone. It doesn't match "Michael Bolton" or "Screaming Giants." I will say my gut thinks, "Michael Bolton"=Icon zone in Hollywood.

As for codes; what about food related names? Does that mean anything to anyone? 

2013, all the scarezone codenames were ice cream flavors. 2012, all the scarezone codenames were colors. 

They've (A&D) caught on to our ability to crack house themes and scarezone themes using codenames.