Halloween Horror Nights - Hollywood 2015 Speculation

Sorry I've been gone for a while. But I'm back! So...... I may or may not have just seen a movie coming out next October. But since I signed a non disclosure agreement, I can't say that I DEFINITELY enjoyed it, and that even though there were minor issues with some plot and effects (The latter will be fixed by release if this was in fact a real movie that I saw that I can't talk about), it was still really good. I CAN say that I saw a movie though and that the movie stars Daniel Radcliffe and James McAvoy, and that the movie has the sets for an HHN maze, a couple good characters (But maybe not enough for a maze), and will for sure have the awareness..... oh, and while I can't compare the tone to anything since I can't talk about it, let me ask this unrelated question, anyone watch Sherlock recently?

Edit: And it was written by the son of John Landis..... (And one of the potential creatures in a movie I "didn't" see reminded me of mid transformation David for a moment before we got a better look). And..... the director directed episodes of Sherlock. Makes sense.

Edited by JGmoney1996

i dont see them promoting a film that comes out that late and isn't one of their own properties. Especially since Universal has a horror film coming out around the same time

The Thing and Dracula Untold were both Universal properties, so I get it. But Murdy just saw a screening of a film at around the same time they're screening this one. So it's possible he's looking into it.

• Like 1

Sorry I've been gone for a while. But I'm back! So...... I may or may not have just seen a movie coming out next October. But since I signed a non disclosure agreement, I can't say that I DEFINITELY enjoyed it, and that even though there were minor issues with some plot and effects (The latter will be fixed by release if this was in fact a real movie that I saw that I can't talk about), it was still really good. I CAN say that I saw a movie though and that the movie stars Daniel Radcliffe and James McAvoy, and that the movie has the sets for an HHN maze, a couple good characters (But maybe not enough for a maze), and will for sure have the awareness..... oh, and while I can't compare the tone to anything since I can't talk about it, let me ask this unrelated question, anyone watch Sherlock recently?

Edit: And it was written by the son of John Landis..... (And one of the potential creatures in a movie I "didn't" see reminded me of mid transformation David for a moment before we got a better look). And..... the director directed episodes of Sherlock. Makes sense.

I want to see Frankenstein... Lucky

I'm not excited for walking Dead again, and I'm not that excited for Insidious 3. I was very underwhelmed by Insidious last year. I hope they don't disregard the ten year anniversary.

Pretty sure it won't be mentioned at all, especially when John has responded saying the event has been going on prior to him taking over.

How did you manage to see this "mystery Frankenstein film"? Where are they showing it?

Pretty sure it won't be mentioned at all, especially when John has responded saying the event has been going on prior to him taking over.

I strongly feel that he's just using that as an excuse NOT to actually put effort into creating a coherent theme... Why do that when the current business model of just randomly picking horror IPs out of a hat and throwing them together is working just fine? .... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I'm not excited for walking Dead again, and I'm not that excited for Insidious 3. I was very underwhelmed by Insidious last year. I hope they don't disregard the ten year anniversary.

Then you were like the only one.

Well there is no reason to celebrate an anniversary when our event has been on and off...and you know what they say if it's not broken don't fix it....the event draws crowds without a theme or Icon so no reason to really change anything... would it be cool if Murdy did a theme and Icon... Yes. Does not having one ruin the event? No.

My biggest issue with Murdy is his lack of interest in theme/storyline... I would LOVE for Hollywood to one year do a LegendaryTruth-style viral marketing build-up/storyline that gets all of the fans involved and immersed into the event and makes us all feel like we've just stepped into our own living horror movie.. Rather than just them going,.. "So, Walking Dead is back. Then there's this, and there's that, and don't forget this. Enjoy!" without any sense of theme or story.. It all feels just so randomly thrown together and oddly planned.. almost like they just pick the IPs out of a hat.. but, other than that, I totally respect Murdy and like having him around

Edited by horror lover
  • Like 1