Halloween Horror Nights - Hollywood 2015 Speculation

1 comment about the "out there" titles on the list. I'm very interested in pushing the boundaries of HHN...there is precedent for this...

— Horror Nights (@HorrorNights)

December 6, 2014

When we brought HHN back in 06, I was only interested in doing horror movies but horror has evolved and continues to do so...

December 6, 2014

"Monsters Remix" and it's various iterations is 1 example of what I'd call an "out there" idea. Mocked when announced, highly rated later...

December 6, 2014

You have to take chances, we're still going to feature horror movies (new and old) but we're also going to look for usual opportunities...

December 6, 2014

what could they be?

That's just Carny Code for "yes. Suffer with it. I'm breaking my unspoken rule! WALKING DEAD EVERYTHING!!!!!"

You see that giant building that they're building over there where Gibson used to be? That's not Potter. They're getting a headstart on their biggest Walking Dead maze ever. They're going to build Terminus to scale.

Someone else wants a Jaws maze!

YES!!!!

"That guy just died and we received rain, this is obviously the work of a rain god who only lets it rain when some one dies and not a coincidence ..... Sacrifice our own to make it rain the sky god's unspoken rule."

Murdy has NEVER said properties are only done 3 times we ASSUMED cuz nothing in the past ten years has repeated more than 3 times.

Fixed

This is a BIT off topic, but DC Comics is doing Warner Bros based variant covers for March 2015, and Bill and Ted was one of the chosen 22 movies used.

Guess who's cover was chosen for Bill and Ted: http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/Superman-Bill-Ted-Excellent-Adventure-Comic-Cover.jpg

Edited by ForeverEvil1

This is a BIT off topic, but DC Comics is doing Warner Bros based variant covers for March 2015, and Bill and Ted was one of the chosen 22 movies used.

Guess who's cover was chosen for Bill and Ted: http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/Superman-Bill-Ted-Excellent-Adventure-Comic-Cover.jpg

I would have died if there was a gay superman hidden in there somewhere.

Looks like Marilyn Manson has a new album coming out next year...Looks like something that could be promoted at HHN. Yet again it comes out in January but when did 13 and World on Fire release?

13 was released in June and World on Fire in September, so a bit closer to HHN time than January. Still pretty likely though

I'm a lover of rock music and the event has introduced me to various artists I like (Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper, Slash, Disturbed) but even I am sick of rockers. Marilyn Manson is one I've been hearing a lot about for potential rocker mazes and I think if he's gonna do a rocker Manson has more maze potential than say Metallica (whom I love but has no maze potential)

About Marilyn Manson:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantasmagoria:_The_Visions_of_Lewis_Carroll

The film has no release date, but I recall seeing that Murdy is an Alice in Wonderland fan on a thread from one of the past years. And it's distributed by Universal. If the release has good timing, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the Manson tie in. The film did start production back in February, so someone correct me if I'm wrong but it could be ready. Of course, it's unknown how horror it will be.

Also: Director Roger Avary has two technical ties to mazes at theme parks. He wrote the original Silent Hill and wrote Beowulf, which I recall hearing was a former Knott's maze. Not that this matters in the grand scheme of things.

Edited by ForeverEvil1

About Marilyn Manson:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phantasmagoria:_The_Visions_of_Lewis_Carroll

The film has no release date, but I recall seeing that Murdy is an Alice in Wonderland fan on a thread from one of the past years. And it's distributed by Universal. If the release has good timing, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the Manson tie in. The film did start production back in February, so someone correct me if I'm wrong but it could be ready. Of course, it's unknown how horror it will be.

Also: Director Roger Avary has two technical ties to mazes at theme parks. He wrote the original Silent Hill and wrote Beowulf, which I recall hearing was a former Knott's maze. Not that this matters in the grand scheme of things.

Hold on, I thought Manson was just speculation? Doesn't he hate the event or something?

But good catch anyways.

Edited by deliciousoatmeal

Hold on, I thought Manson was just speculation? Doesn't he hate the event or something?

But good catch anyways.

Haven't heard anything about Manson and HHN, I just saw the topic came up recently, so I decided to see if there was anything I could find besides his music. And wouldn't you know it, I found that.

• Like 1

I just went back a bit in johns Twitter to clarify what I just thought. He said he was having lunch with a horror filmmaker friend of his that he hadn't met with in a few years. He never said that that director was featured at the event. Just a thought.

Well he ended the tweet with "Who knows what will come of this?", hinting that a HHN collab was possible.

Literally? Like, the spin off will take place at HHN?

I'd watch the shit out of that.

I can't wait for the episode where one of the women is pregnant and we get this conversation.

"WE NEED A SAFE PLACE SO I CAN HAVE MAH BABY"

"I KNOW A PLACE!"

"What?"

"CLOWNS 3D!"

And then DTH chucks his remote at the TV.

• Like 2