Halloween Horror Nights - Hollywood 2015 Speculation

That outrageous original idea Murdy was talking about is probably going to go in the Mummy venue. Its got to be in 3D and that venue is too space restricted for other potential properties. Besides, Mummy and 747 are the only venues suitable for the 3D lighting and 747 is presumably (and hopefully) saved for the "big" property.

Oh, and I think this "out there" idea has something to do with Christmas. Just a thought.

As for the HoH replacement venue, he said Shrek and backliOt are unlikely. I know he said Globe is tough to get but that's the only possible venue I see at this point. Where else would it go? Would they be willing to reduce their house count back to six for more shows?

Man, all of this caffeine and sugar I had over the Christmas season is causing a lot of brainstorming here.

I would think that they can use DM queue, but summer is when Universal is busiest and they'll need the queue unless they close down DM for a large portion of the year which is not likely. Shrek queue or Backlot would seem most likely even though he said the opposite. Globe would be a great venue, it's huge inside but it is used for different events continuously through the year I believe. I guess we'll find out once construction walls start going up. Happy holidays everybody (for those celebrating Christmas, I hope Krampus visited rather than Santa! )

Edited by HorrorNightsFan13

Here is my speculated line-up so far for the five titles Murdy was talking about (Based on the trends that HHN are going for):

The big-draw property: Walking Dead

The 3D maze: Dark Christmas

The urban legend maze: Trick r Treat

The Universal movie promotion maze: Crimson Peak

The 2015 movie maze: Insidious 3

The last two are fair game. I'm going to guess The Fog (anniversary) and American Horror Story.

Here is my speculated line-up so far for the five titles Murdy was talking about (Based on the trends that HHN are going for):

The big-draw property: Walking Dead

The 3D maze: Dark Christmas

The urban legend maze: Trick r Treat

The Universal movie promotion maze: Crimson Peak

The 2015 movie maze: Insidious 3

The last two are fair game. I'm going to guess The Fog (anniversary) and American Horror Story.

Sounds solid to me. Idk about TrT, AHS, and the Fog though

Sounds solid to me. Idk about TrT, AHS, and the Fog though

I guess Cabin in the Woods could thrown into the "fair game" mix. Replacing it with the Fog sounds more realistic as it could be a good follow up for AVP with the creature effects. I'm still sticking with my speculated five.

Alas, I really want to see the Fog done someday. Imagine that lighthouse as the facade.

Either Castle theater (hope not) or Globe. Castle has to stay open for park capacity. With Globe, there is a least a fighting chance Murdy can score the globe. If they can access half of the busiest film location in the world, I think they can make some leeway for HHN. Besides, they can find other venues to make money for events.

Looking at the Shrek queue, its too small. Its around half of the size of the old one. The back lot can't be used since there's no more room. And I don't see a maze going in SES since they need the capacity. I'm saying lower lot soundstage or Globe.

Why was the Despicable Me venue ruled out? There's enough space for the maze and queque just like before and I really doubt they'd need the ride open if F&F is open for HHN.

v v v v v v

This right here. Besides, the railings are permanently placed into the ground which tells me that they have no intention of using it as a house venue. Besides, the ride needs to be open for capacity at HHN. Again, if they do happen to use Globe, the queue format can be similar to the former T2 venue.

Okay, this was a weird thought that popped into my head but... what if we had NO upper-lot mazes next year? What if they had all the mazes on the lower lot and back-lot and used the upper lot for scarezones and shows only? We'd have shows in SES Theater, Animal Actors and Universal Plaza, along with the Tram and the scarezones, but the bulk of the event would be on the back-lot with the two mazes on the lower lot?