Halloween Horror Nights - Hollywood 2015 Speculation

Out of all of the 2014 mazes that are possible to return, besides TWD, AVP and AWIL are the two top rated mazes. But AWIL there's only one way to do it and Murdy probably has the same mindset about that as he does with Saw or F13 or NOES, been there done that. AVP there's so much more to do, they could go facility like Orlando, or temple like the first movie. I would like a return of AVP, BUT if we possibly got CITW, they might stick with that rather than AVP.

DM hardly gets a line and that's a brand new ride. And at HHN especially, that line was always short. Next summer, it'll be even shorter. I say they make due with it and use it as a maze location again.

are you kidding? the night I went the line was between 50-70 minutes after 9 till closing.

"They are not using AHS and using "_____" again...they must be lazy."

george-lopez-o.gif

and on a side note about AHS look I'm not a fan I really gave it a shot, and I understand why it has it's fans but nothing this season shows me this can be a maze. Yes it's creepy as hell but nothing screams this could be terrifying in a maze. To be honest (and this is just my opinion don't read too much into it) it just seems like it is trying to be edgy for the sake of edginess rather then trying to be scary.

• Like 1

Okay, this was a weird thought that popped into my head but... what if we had NO upper-lot mazes next year? What if they had all the mazes on the lower lot and back-lot and used the upper lot for scarezones and shows only? We'd have shows in SES Theater, Animal Actors and Universal Plaza, along with the Tram and the scarezones, but the bulk of the event would be on the back-lot with the two mazes on the lower lot?

That would be a great way of finally getting more shows. I do feel, however, they should have at least one maze in the upper lot to keep things balanced. Besides, it will give more people incentive to visit the upper lot.

This might be part of why Murdy doesn't really feel like pursuing it.

I keep forgetting about the Friday the 13th movie coming out next year.

Next year releases that are possible:

-Krampus

-Poltergeist

-F13

-Crimson Peak

-Insidious

I think that's it.

My updated Line Up list:

1.) The Walking Dead

2.) Insidious 3 (Conjuring instead possibly if 2 still comes out next year after the legal issues its been having.)

3.) AVP 2 (If Insidious returns, then Cabin in the Woods instead of AVP 2)

4.) Crimson Peak

5.) Krampus (probably in 3D even if based on the movie if it happens... Unfortunately.)

6.) An original maze (no idea what theme)

7.) Poletergeist/Strain ? Not sure for the last maze.

You can only have so many young fanboys tell you that you are "being lazy" during your 90 hour work week before you make a joke or two.

I feel you.... that tends to be there go to response when they didn't get Freddy vs. Five Nights at Freddy.

I've been saying that for a while, still think this year proved the two TV shows in one year theory was BS.

going by track record....slim to none

I was in the park today and got a chance to see the new Shrek queue, so I'll confirm that there is no way they can put a maze there. The space is just way too small. If they are gonna put another maze up in the upper lot I can only see it happening in the Globe or Castle. I was thinking if they can't find another space up there and they don't want to add a 4th maze to the backlot mix there is plenty space to build a maze and queue were stage 28 used to be.

Problem with the Globe Theater is that the events it hosts are very expensive. It would be hard to convince management to give up that kind of revenue for a maze. The Globe is pretty much their only event space left as the other locations where they usually book events (Universal Plaza, Parisian Courtyard, and Jurassic Cove) are already in use during HHN. They could perhaps do a small show or use it as a special dining location (Universal Japan does a popular dinner with zombies); something that they can take down and put up easily so they can host a bar mitzvah in the morning and covert back at night for HHN.

Maybe the former location of soundstage 28 could be a potential location? It is fairly close to the park and has been converted into a paved lot since demolition.